PDA

View Full Version : DW 2 Retro Report Day 2

SandmanGStefani24
03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
We woke up somewhere in the Florida panhandle, with the buses stopping off to let us find breakfast. After my group and I finished we waited for the others at a park behind McD's. The park was complete with a lake, and plenty of green trees. Being from Texas, we are more used to brown grass, trees and cactus. This was a nice change of scenery. We again boarded the buses, thinking that since we were now in Florida, we would be at WDW any minute. :shake:
Again, being from Texas we figured our state was so much bigger that every other state would breeze by no problem. Florida, driven from panhandle to tip is just as long a drive as the drive out of Texas as we slowly found out over the next 8 hours or so. Finally, 35 hours after we started our journey we saw the road signs and knew we were finally going to make it. Unfortunately our 'outstanding' bus drivers managed to get lost in Kissimmee and we spent the next 2 hours driving in circles looking for the hotel. :mad: Teenagers aren't always the most patient people in the world. Now, lets take those teenagers, stick them on a bus for 35 hours, and keep them there another two, when WDW is within spitting distance and see what happens! :thedolls:
Finally our head director asked one of the drivers to let him out so he could ask for directions and was nearly hit by a car on his way back to the bus. (complete with screeching brakes and all!) Thankfully we arrived at the hotel, and after check-in the directors decided that dispite the fact that we had pretty much missed out on a whole day at the parks due to delays it was better to give us our hoppers and turn us loose for the 2-3 hours we had left in the day. We arrived at MK, and I took my first view of it since I was 4 years old. It was just getting dark, and Tomorrowland was aglow in a bright neon color. The six in my group set off on a dash to ride the 3 mountains in the time we had left, keeping in mind our curfew set before we were turned loose. <the rule was, we were to be through the exit gates by 9pm, 10pm, or whatever the closing time was, with our directors keeping time at the exit gates. the penalty was to be chaperoned for the entire next day> We managed to ride the mountains and jump over the gates with about a second or two to spare. (director counting us down as we ran) We found our rooms and after the nightly room search done by directors (my reputation catching up with me again) I was out like a light. We were all so tired, I don't think there has ever been a group of teenagers that large who were so quiet!
Tomorrow, continental breakfast, meal coupons, and lines pre-fastpass. It's gonna get kinda crazy!

sleepingbooty
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a good time!

sleepingbooty
03-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a good time!

dtootsie42
03-21-2007, 04:54 PM
That many hours on a bus would drive me bonks! Sounds like you had a good time in the few hours that you spent at the park.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-21-2007, 06:55 PM
glad you finally made it there. I hope it's a good trip.

CarolinaWDWFan
03-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Made the same trip from Dallas when I was in High School that was a band trip. I feel your travel pain. Make the most of it and have a great trip!

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:37 PM
:cool: