PDA

View Full Version : Refill mug

Trixie1822
03-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi
here my question : I bought 5 years ago the refillables mugs at TL and BB.

Today a friend tell me that you can renew it for the day for $5 (nearly the half price), even if I bought it a long time ago...

Is that correct ? It seems to wonderfull to be right...:confused:

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I wish that I could give you the right answer here. If that is true, that is a great deal. Disney should be happy that you are being honest enough to even offer to pay without just using your old mug. However, we use our mugs all the time at home and as such, I am always willing to buy new mugs each time we are there.:mickey:

Piglet822
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
I know you used to be able to purchase a barcode for your cup. When you wanted a refill you would scan your barcode and it would activate the machine so you could fill your cup. The machines won't even give ice unless you scan the barcode.

Trixie1822
03-22-2007, 05:08 AM
ok, and I imagine the barcode is less expensive that the mug...

Thank you

Piglet822
03-22-2007, 04:05 PM
ok, and I imagine the barcode is less expensive that the mug...

Thank you

It is but I don't recall how much they are.

battle beast
03-25-2007, 11:31 AM
There were no barcodes at the All Star Sports last October.
I had to buy one (first timer!) but there were no bar-codes to purchase... and ice was given... maybe this is different at other resorts...

CanadianWDWFan
03-25-2007, 11:41 AM
In January at the AS-Sp and WL there was no barcode system. It would be a good idea. Maybe you will be able to use any mug at any resort.

Piglet822
03-25-2007, 10:24 PM
The OP was asking about mugs purchased at the water parks, not the resorts.

CanadianWDWFan
03-26-2007, 07:47 AM
The OP was asking about mugs purchased at the water parks, not the resorts.
Thanks Jeanne!:blush: After I read the OP again I realized my mistake. But I think that it would still be a good idea to do it for the resorts.

Fangorn
03-27-2007, 03:00 PM
This is definitely true. At least as of October, 2006.

We purchased two mugs at Typhoon Lagoon in 1996. We have been back many times since and always take our mugs along with us. We stop at the first kiosk we come to that is selling mugs, and purchase the barcode stickers for the mugs. Apparently we have some of the very earliest style of mugs made, as they always start a fun conversation with the CM. We don't use the mugs at home - just cart them back and forth across the country to use at Typhoon Lagoon. I'm looking forward to using them for another 10 years.

If I remember correctly, the cost in Oct 06 was in the $5 range.

Steve

Trixie1822
03-30-2007, 04:42 AM
waw what a great news....:party:

thanks so much everybody.... I now know what I am going to do on my next trip in the WORLD...