PDA

View Full Version : Cinderellagrl's First College Spring Break: Day Two: Feb. 26

cinderellagrl
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Cast of Characters:
Me- cinderellagrl, Jenny: age 19
My dear boyfriend, Dustin: age20
Dear little sister: Jody: age 18
Sisters dear boyfriend, Derek: age 19

So our second day in the world... it would be an early one... well at least for us. My cast of characters woke up bright and early at around eight am. We had to check out of POP-POP, as we affectionatly began to call it, check in to the Grand Flo, and Jody and I had to be at the Grand Flo spa at noon for our Valentines Day present from our parents, spa manicure and pedicures! Well, Jody and Derek, being Jody and Derek, were very poky. They finally got up and around, we finally got checked out.. baggage handed over (which I do have to say was much more convenient than I had previously thought) and on a bus to the Magic Kingdom, for a quick monorail ride over to the Grand Flo.

Well at ten to noon we finally made it to the Grand Flo, mind you Jody and I had an appointment at noon that I was instructed to be early to. Well we quickly checked in, the boys found food, and Jody and I went over to the spa for eighty minutes of pampering. It was amazing! A nice way to prepare your feet for a few days of walking.

After the spa treatment, Jody and I made the first trek to our room, the boys were waiting for us. Our room, in Conch Key was beyond beautiful. We had a nice view of the marina, and a perfect room to come back to each and every night... as least for four nights.

Well the four of us decided to go for a ride on the monorail, and ended up in Epcot. Jody and I were starving, so the four of us decided to go ahead and use the dining plan for the first time and headed straight for Yakatori House. The food was pretty good, especially the ginger cake we had for desert. Next, we headed back to future world and rode Spaceship earth, mission space, and test track. This was the second longest day for weights (the 25 being the first). We were amazed when Test track was actually working and we were able to get on within on within twenty minutes!

After a brief skim over future world we took a venture to club cool, which the boys loved (neither Jody or I got to try any.. we dont drink carbonated beverages) I got both of the boys to try the beverly! After club cool we split into our respective pairs. Jody and Derek headed back to the room to get ready for dinner at Cape Mays, while Dustin and I took in the Living Seas before heading over to Coral Reef for dinner.

The new finding nemo ride was very cute, I especially liked the quere. We also tried out Turtle Talk for the first time, which I found enjoyable.

Finally time for dinner. I had been to Coral Reef for lunch before, and wanted to try it out again. I had read that it was noisy, which it was, but we were able to be seated actually about twenty minutes before our seating time of 7 pm. Dinner was good. I had the catfish.. which I normally stay away from.. but it was lovely.. seasoned perfectly. For desert I had the chocolate wave, which I must say is great!

After dinner we returned to the Grand, spent some time on the beach, and then headed over to the front of Boca Chica for the fireworks. This is my only complaint about the grand: you can't see the castle from the beach!

After the Wishes we headed to bed!

Next up: AK, Boma, and a first for me at Disney (well since I was little) a nap!

faline
03-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Lovely day! Your spa treatment sounds wonderful!

Bethis26fan
03-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Sounds like a great day.

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: