PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century with 3 kids

Goofy Pluto
03-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone.

So we're planning on staying at Pop Century when we go. We have children who will be 4 1/2, 2 1/2, and almost 1 when we go. Will there be enough room there for all of us? We'll need a crib/pack and play for the youngest, but then the other two will have to be in beds, along with myself and the wife. I'm thinking we'll have to share beds with the kids.

Opinions? Thanks.

Speedy1998
03-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Getting the pac and play into one of those rooms is a little tight, but otherwise I would think you should fit, assuming you are willing to share double beds.

MsMin
03-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Spending long periods can be tight, the walls could start to move in. If you don't spend lots of time in the room it should be okay.
Does your middle one fall out? My only concern would be the arrangement. IMO it's very doable.

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Ok, your post just about put my wife in to an anxiety attack. We were there with our 2 kids and even by putting 1 kid in each bed with us, it was TIGHT!! Sharing double beds stinks. The thought of throwing a pack-n-play in one of these rooms almost put my DW over the edge. We barely had room for all of our luggage, our packages that we bought, and us. We remember how much extra you have to bring when you have younger children and we think that you would be much happier if you went for a larger room at one of the moderates (maybe POFQ).

Keep in mind that you will probably want to go back to your room for naps during the day so that you can enjoy your entire stay. That being said, it may be worth it to invest a little more for a bigger room!:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
03-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I admit the room will be tight with 5, but it is definitely doable. The pack and play will fit between the far bed and the wall so it's not in your way. After you unpack you can store your luggage under your beds. There is a shelf to place items, next to the sink.

I've not stayed at a moderate, but from what I hear, they're not that much bigger than a value. They may offer an additional sink. :confused:

GL with your decision and have fun! :mickey:

kadesha
03-21-2007, 05:42 PM
This will be my first time staying at POP. I have a 2 and 3 year old. Everyone talks about how small the rooms are, but they get the job done. We won't be in the room much. I was considering a moderate, but I decided that the kids would enjoy the atmosphere at a Value better. If we are at the resort instead of the parks, at least I know we won't be trapped in the room or anything, there is plenty of scenery to excite the little one's!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-21-2007, 08:59 PM
We stayed at Pop in September with our family of 5. Our kids were 9, 6, and just shy of 3. We did fine. We do not spend alot of time in the room but, when we were there it was fine.

We stayed in the Value's when our daughter was in the pack and play and we just put it in front of the door that would be used if you had adjoining rooms. That is a perfect spot..out of the way.

As for sleeping...DH and I shared a bed with my youngest (a little squished but, after a day at the parks we usually crash) and the two boys took the other double.

HTH..Have a great trip.

MissT
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Been there, done that. You can manage it. If you don't use the room much, what's the difference really?

RockChalkKimball
03-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Having stayed at both POP and POR, I would say the difference in room sizes wouldn't enough to matter. What about the new Family Suites at All Stars? Those seem to be a great size for a family of little ones. They would cost about the same as a moderate and would give you alot more room.

Goofy Pluto
03-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Having stayed at both POP and POR, I would say the difference in room sizes wouldn't enough to matter. What about the new Family Suites at All Stars? Those seem to be a great size for a family of little ones. They would cost about the same as a moderate and would give you alot more room.

That would be nice, but cost is a big issue for us. We want to stay in a WDW resort, but as cheaply as possible.

Any other thoughts?

crazypoohbear
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
We did POP last August.
DH and I each took the double beds.
both DS's used the air beds. One son put his bed in front of the window, ( we just moved the table a bit) #2 put his at the foot of my bed in front of the connecting door. When we woke up in the morning the beds were stood on end in front of the connecting door. Everyone was fine with this. With small ones you can definately do it. Especially if money matters. You wont' be in the room for long. Go, Have fun

tinkergirl
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
we stayed at pop last year and we did fine we just shared the beds two people in each bed and you will be fine.

magicman
03-23-2007, 04:44 PM
We only use the room for sleeping, so my reply below may not be pertinent if you are a resort dweller.

I have a family of 5 (with a sixth on the way). We've done POR & POP. We have tried every sleeping arrangement, and we now opt for:
- me and my DW in one bed
- two of my kids sleep on the second bed
- the third kid (on a rotating basis) makes out a pallet.
I have found that this works at POP just as well as the roll-away bed option available at POR. POP's a bit less expensive, and POP is themed more to the kids' liking.

Note: Since POP can only accomodate four paying guests, I think I'll be getting two adjoining POP rooms in the future.