PDA

View Full Version : German Polar Bear Cub

Advnt05
03-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Has anyone seen the pictures (Can see them on the fox news site) of the German Polar Bear cub that's involved in some controversy there? Is he cute or what?
I wonder if you could raise a cub like that in your home and he would remain friendly? Kind of like the grizzlies that people have raised. How cool would it be to walk your polar bear down the street?

disneydrmr
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I saw the pics! He is so cute and cuddly! All baby bear cubs are! Have you (or anyone else) seen pictures of the 16! baby panda cubs that were born in China? Talk about cutie pies! I wanna just take one home!

NJGIRL
03-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I have to chime in on this. First let me say this guy is not speaking for 99.99999% of animal rights activists. He is a wacko and no true animal rights activist wants this animal killed.
Most animal right people do not like zoo's or any place that keeps animals in unnatural enviroments but that is a whole other topic not to be debated here. I have never met an animal right person who wants ANY animal killed just because what has been done to it is unnatural.
I just wanted everyone that this wacko is not speaking for the whole animal rights movement.:(

Speedy1998
03-21-2007, 01:06 PM
I wonder if you could raise a cub like that in your home and he would remain friendly?

Seeing as I have seen video of Polar Bears talking down full grown Walrus I wouldn't even want to try it.

kakn7294
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
He's absolutely adorable, but I don't think I'd want to take the chance that my 700 lb pet polar bear would decide that I looked yummy someday - especially my sleeping lump of a bod under a blanket on the couch - I'm pretty sure I resemble a walrus at that point. I can't believe some wacko thinks that baby would have been better off dead than raised by humans. I don't understand it since he was born in a zoo - wouldn't he have had some human interaction throughout his life? Are they planning to release him to the wild when he's grown? If that's the case, I can understand where the wacko's coming from, but I still don't agree with it. If he had been seriously ill when his mom abandoned him, okay, but he's a happy, healthy baby and has a great chance of survival being raised by his human "mamas". I think it's a wonderful thing that they worked so hard to save him.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-21-2007, 11:50 PM
He's absolutely adorable. He deserves any chance he gets since he started out life unwanted by his real mommy.

PirateLover
03-23-2007, 07:19 PM
They released some new pics of little "Knut"... he is just too adorable. I can't believe the frenzy he's causing, though!