PDA

View Full Version : can a non dvc'er contact/ask ?'s to the disney dvc people?

figment
03-21-2007, 11:05 AM
hello out there... i was just wondering if it was possible for me (a potential dvc owner, but not at the moment) to contact the dvc people to ask some questions. if so, would anyone happen to know an email that i could write to?

please and thanks.

grmpy
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
ask away. I am sure as a group we can answer all of your questions.

You also can go to the dvc site and have them contact you

I am sure many would be happy to refer you to their guide also.

wendy*darling
03-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Absolutely!!:thumbsup:

You can call them at 800-500-3990.
Or view their FAQ website (http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/index?id=ProspectsFAQPage).
You can even get a free DVD with a lot of information about why, where and how to join. (info on their website).

We have a good amount of information here in INTERCOT under the InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/default.asp)tab.

And if you have specific questions- feel free to ask here on the boards.

Maleficent's Dad
03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Figment - the best part of contacting DVC is that their sales' reps are more informative than pushy... There's no pressure on you to buy; they seem to realize that their product sells itself, so they just let it happen. Unlike other time share sales people, DVC reps will give you information, and let you decide.

It's really a very pleasant process. :mickey:

figment
03-22-2007, 09:03 AM
thanks a bunch. the one question i did have (and i don't know if anyone, including the dvc people can answer this), but we probably won't be able to buy in til later in '07 or early '08. we are really hooked on SSR... so we were wondering if it (SSR sales through disney) will still be around then.

i know we can go the resale route... but i've heard going through disney is a lot smoother.

FireMickey
03-30-2007, 10:50 PM
As long as they still have units for sale, SSR should still be open. When we went down to WDW in January, they still looked like they were building new rooms. I wouldn't think you would have a problem if you're look at joining within the next year.

HockeyKat
04-01-2007, 02:38 AM
I just bought resale.

That being said, the process was *very* smooth. It did take longer, about 7.5 weeks start to finish. Buying direct usually takes 1-2 weeks tops and you are in the system upon receipt of deposit. Resale saved us $2K, but we wanted BWV which was selling $10/pt resale below WDW direct pricing.

Please don't confuse "smooth" with "quick." :)