PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Trader needs HELP

Bringonthemouse!
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
My DD purchased a few pins on our last trip and has now decided that she would like to get involved in the trading aspect on our next vacation. I would love to by a starter pack for her to take with us but it seems everything on E-bay has insane shipping charges to Canada (sometimes I feel like we are on the moon up here). Combine the shipping with exchange rate, etc. and I am not saving any $$$.
Are there any other Canadian traders who have some tips for me.

kakn7294
03-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Do you know anyone in the US who is willing to purchase your pins and then ship to you?

Bringonthemouse!
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
No, I don't but what a great idea.
:mickey:

goofhook
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
On Disneyshopping.com, on mondays they have free shipping, and most of their older pins are on sale. This might help you get a few to trade. Hope this helps!:mickey:

Magic Smiles
03-30-2007, 08:42 PM
We just bought the packs in Disney World when we got there. We were able to buy the packs of I think 7 small pins for a reasonable price almost everywhere. We even bought some at the hotel. We only started pin collecting on our last trip...........it is so addictive.
I have to agree with you on the shipping to Canada. Some sellers on EBay have reasonable shipping costs, while others are out of this world.

mjm12000
06-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I am from Canada too, and I agree it is not worth buying and shipping them... also I find the part I like most is buying the pins at the parks so I can see and feel them all and pick the ones I love. Does your DD have a bag or storage book for the pins? That is a great gift idea and at least cost wise it is worth shipping to Canada. I bought one last time I was Disneyland and I am so glad I did as it lets you store you pins safely and look at them nicely displayed as well.

If that doesn't work for you then I would say order a Gift Card for Disneyland.com that you can give to your wife to use for pins when she gets to the parks.