PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving activities

mouseketeer mom
03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I was browsing around and learned most resorts and the parks have some sort of Easter activities! Is it like that at Thanksgiving time as well? We will be down there for our very first Thanksgiving at the world, and I'm trying hard to learn what to expect so we can be ready. Thanks!

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't recall hearing of any Thanksgiving specific activities although there may be some. Hopefully someone that's been at that time will be along soon with information...

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 08:14 AM
I tried to think if we saw anything while we were down there. We didn't. Things are pretty much in full Christmas swing by the time you get to Thanksgiving, so it's like Thanksgiving sort of gets overlooked.

faline
03-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Many restaurants will feature traditional Thanksgiving fare on the holiday. That's about the only thing I can think of.

One year, I went to Disney over Thanksgiving and not a holiday decoration was in sight for the entire weekend. Now, you'll be listening to holiday music the whole time you are there and most of the holiday activities will be going!

tys_mommy
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
We visited over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2004 and there wasn’t anything special for Thanksgiving, however all of the Christmas decorations were up, I guess to prepare for one holiday they had to by-pass another.

goofiecrazy
03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
We were there as well over Thanksgiving '04.We arrived the friday before and stayed till black friday.All the x-mas stuff was up in the parks and the weekend before thanksgiving was busy.We spent thanksgiving day over at Sea World and i have never seen that park that empty before.I couldnt believe it. We had thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickeys and there was 12 of us.We had dinner after 8pm and that was a good time plus we had a lot of time with the characters.They had turkey and other dishes that u would have at thanksgiving dinner plus other things on the buffet.It was different and if i could talk my husband into doing it then i would do it again.

mousetrapper
03-22-2007, 06:18 PM
We are also going to WDW (Poly!) Thanksgiving week! It will be our first-ever Thanksgiving away from home! I'm excited but a little apprehensive, since I've seen mixed reviews about crowds, etc.

The only Thanksgiving-related thing we'll be doing is having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern -- that is, if I'm successful at getting ADRs!

Otherwise, we're looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations....

DisneyAddict62
03-23-2007, 08:56 AM
We are planning our 3rd Thanksgiving at Disney this year. There really isn't any activities for the holiday, we always eat at Liberty Tree - delicious :eat:!!! The Christmas decorations are beautiful, and we got to see Osborne Lights last time we went.

mouseketeer mom
03-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Mousetrapper! Cool! I will see you both at the Poly and at LTT, that is if I'm successful at getting ADR's too! I hope its not too nutty, maybe eating at one of the resorts would be better???:confused: