PDA

View Full Version : Rider Switch Pass

merlinmagic4
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I was just reading the thread about the counterfeit passes and realized I don't really know about this policy.

We are traveling with an infant for the first time along with our two older children. Does this allow my husband to ride with the kids while I stay with the baby and then I can ride with them? Can someone spell it out in detail for me?

I skip a lot of the rides by choice and my mother is also coming and she'll probably stay with the baby but it seems like it's good information to know just in case! We might all like some rides.

Oh, is there information anywhere about which rides an infant can go on?

Thanks!:mickey:

5fromabove
03-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi Kelly,

When we last went, our youngest 2 were too small to ride on the bigger attractions. I found this info out:

"If your child is too young to ride an attraction with height restrictions, try this. One parent may wait with the child while the other parent rides the attraction, then switch at the end of the ride. There's no additional waiting in line.
Guests with young children may take turns experiencing attractions. See a Cast Member for additional information. "

We were told that both parents wait in line with all of the kids and you let the cast member know you'll be "rider switching". One parent rides with the bigger kids, then as soon as they climb out...you trade the baby off and you climb in the ride. :thumbsup: Works great.

As far as height restrictions, we were able to take them all on the mellow rides in MK, as well as a lot of them at Epcot (Spaceship Earth, etc). I have more info on individual rides that I can get to you. :) Hope this helps a little. :)

Buttercup
03-21-2007, 09:42 AM
An infant can ride on basically anything that doesn't have a height restriction. We've done it many times and it's totally acceptable and fine. Most of the rides at WDW are slow- moving and fine for babies. You will have to hold the baby in your lap for the ride. It's just up to your discretion if you think they'll be scared of certain special effects, like loud noises, flashing lights, etc. on these rides.

For other rides (like Space Mountain, Soarin', Splash Mountain, etc.) that have height/safety restrictions, you can request a "Baby Swap" or "Rider Swap" pass. You can see a list of these rides and their height restrictions here:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/rideheight.asp

1. Go up to the Cast Member at the beginning of the line and ask for a Baby Swap pass. He/she may wish to see that you actually have a baby/young children in your party, so it's best that you all go up there together.

2. The pass is good for 4 people at a time. So, up to 4 people in your group can go on the ride while you wait outside the exit with your baby. (Let's say, your husband, your mother and your 2 older kids.)

3. When they exit the ride, you (and 3 others) can show your Baby Swap ticket and get into the Fastpass lineup. That means your older kids, your mother, or your husband can technically go on the ride again with you!

Hope that helps!
Here's some info on other baby/toddler tips:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/babytips.asp

merlinmagic4
03-21-2007, 09:44 AM
So, did you then ride the ride by yourself? I'm way too chicken to do that!

I just looked at the rides with height requirements (the ones I assume the baby can't go on) and I really don't ride many of them anyway. Although I am starting to think of rides I would NOT take him on (POTC) but don't have a restriction. Are these rides included in the swap?

Buttercup
03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
No, you don't have to go on the ride by yourself.

Here's an example:

Your husband, your mother, and your two older kids get on Space Mountain, while you wait with your baby.
When they are done the ride, you, your mother and your two older kids can get right on Space Mountain while your husband waits with the baby.

That means your 2 older kids and your mother got to ride twice in a row!

As for Pirates of The Caribbean, and other rides like that, no, they don't have Baby Swap on those rides because technically, the baby can ride - it's just your preference that they don't. But I guess it couldn't hurt to ask the CM at the entrance of the ride if there's anything they can do.

(BTW - our 8 month old son LOVED the POTC... to them, it's just a lot of singing and moving people... they don't realize that at parts some might feel it's scary!)

Buttercup
03-21-2007, 10:52 AM
WHOOPS! My mistake - I looked into it further and the Baby Swap passes are good for up to 3 people (not 4 as I originally said). I've never had that many people in my group to use the Baby Swap before.

But the same rules and methods apply.

:) Have a fun trip!

merlinmagic4
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks 5fromabove and Buttercup :mickey: Your information is most helpful:thumbsup: