PDA

View Full Version : pool with a bar

smartinez1
03-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone,
It has been a long time since we have stayed at a Disney hotel, and the last time I went, I wasn't old enough to drink. I love going to the pool in the evenings just to relax after a long day in the parks, and have a drink. Just one frosty coconutty drink to cap of a perfect Disney day :marg: . I know a lot of hotels don't allowing drinking in the pools. I was wondering, does any of the disney hotels have a bar close to the pool, and do they discourage drinking in or around the pools? The hotel we stayed at in Sept was a Marriott, and the bar was so far away from the pool, that by the time I got there, my Pina colada had melted. If not, no big deal, but if they do, I will try to stay where there is one.

Mariašoš
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi everyone,
It has been a long time since we have stayed at a Disney hotel, and the last time I went, I wasn't old enough to drink. I love going to the pool in the evenings just to relax after a long day in the parks, and have a drink. Just one frosty coconutty drink to cap of a perfect Disney day :marg: . I know a lot of hotels don't allowing drinking in the pools. I was wondering, does any of the disney hotels have a bar close to the pool, and do they discourage drinking in or around the pools? The hotel we stayed at in Sept was a Marriott, and the bar was so far away from the pool, that by the time I got there, my Pina colada had melted. If not, no big deal, but if they do, I will try to stay where there is one.

I can't remember if all moderate resorts have pool side bar, but CBR definitely does. Deluxe resorts also have pool side bars.

Scar
03-21-2007, 09:29 AM
These do:

Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans French Quarter
Pop Century (I think only the '60's pool)
Carribean Beach

vicster
03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Animal Kingdom Lodge also has a bar by the pool.

Jimenyfan
03-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Polynesian also has a pool bar.:marg:

ChipDale2708
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
YC/BC has one by the pool as well! :thumbsup:

Tynkerbelle
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Add All-Star Music, Coronado Springs and Port Orleans Riverside to the list.

tikiman
03-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Polynesian has the Barefoot Bar built right into the volcano at the pool and next to the beach to watch the lagoon and the Magic Kingdom.

TammiMcMan
03-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I love going to the pool in the evenings just to relax after a long day in the parks, and have a drink.Definitely a couple of pool bars around as previously mentioned. The only thing I'm not sure about is the hours. For some reason, I'm remembering that the bars around the GF pools closed before nightfall. I'm thinking it was around 6 or 7pm. I dont' know if you mean a dinner time drink, or if you want to come back from the parks at 10pm and have a drink by the pool. If it's later, you may want to double check on the operating hours before you make your final resort choice. Also, some resort pools do close between 7pm and 10pm depending on the season. Quiet pools are typically open 24 hours though.