PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Parking

Andybob
03-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi all,

Is there a place on WDW property where my friends and I can leave our car overnight after parking to go to Epcot? We would all like to have a few drinks at World Showcase and then take a taxi back to our off property hotel and then pick the car up the next day. I thought maybe the Boardwalk Hotel?

Thanks for reading! let me know what you think.

Goofeygal
03-21-2007, 09:38 AM
There is no where I know of at WDW that will let you leave your car parked over nite. The resorts give you a limited parking pass and I am sure they check the lots. The best thing to do is to get ahold of WDW and ask. If you are going to be taking a taxi anyway why don't you just take a taxi to the parks that morning and then you won't have to worry where to keep your car. They thing is if you take a taxi back to your hotel you will have to take it back the next day to pick up your car anyway.

TheRustyScupper
03-21-2007, 10:42 AM
1) You might get away with it at Downtown Disney.
2) However, I do not know if they tow or not.
3) There is no other possibility of which I am aware.

NOTE: It is my "hunch" that they would not tow an overnight parked car at Pleasure Island. I could assume that in the event a person was not able to drive safely, he/she would need to leave the car to get sober. DO NOT take this as a guarantee, ONLY an assumption on my behalf.

Sharon1026
03-21-2007, 11:59 AM
1) You might get away with it at Downtown Disney.
2) However, I do not know if they tow or not.
3) There is no other possibility of which I am aware.

NOTE: It is my "hunch" that they would not tow an overnight parked car at Pleasure Island. I could assume that in the event a person was not able to drive safely, he/she would need to leave the car to get sober. DO NOT take this as a guarantee, ONLY an assumption on my behalf.

I believe you are correct on that, I have seen cars in the lot very early in the am before... again, not 100% sure.

I think he needs to call PI and check on that. They probably are good with it.

Dreamer7080
03-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Why dont you just take a taxi to Epcot instead of driving your car there? If you plan on parking the car there overnight you would have to take a taxi back in the morning so its not like it would be costing you more money, plus you wouldnt have to worry about your car possibly being towed away and paying for all of that...just a thought. :mickey:

King Triton
03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm thinking Downtown Disney too. I've driven by fairly early in the morning and have seen cars well out into the parking lot, especially on the West side near Pleasure Island. I'm sure Disney would rather have folks leave their cars and get alternate transportation home rather than drive intoxicated. I wouldn't recommend leaving the car at a theme park and if you go to a resort, you'll probably only get a 3 hour pass.

Goofy1060
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
does your off property hotel have shuttle service to the parks? Then you could grab a cab back after drinking around the world at Epcot. :beer: