PDA

View Full Version : Another Air Tran Question!

momof2munkies
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
We are taking our first trip to Disney next month. I had all intentions of booking our flight on Continental but seeing all this Air Tran talk got me curious.:mickey:

The non-stop flight w/Cont will cost us $771 for 4 RT tickets. We would arrive in Oralndo around 1:00 pm.

I looked on Air Tran and I can get it there for $433.00...sounds like a no brainer but the only downfall is we would leave Houston at 5:41 am..have a 2 hr lay over in Atlanta and arrive in Oralando around noon. I am sure it will be worth the $340.00 savings.

I have never flown Air Tran....so how is it?
I have only flown Southwest and Continental so I do not know anything about other airlines!

Any opionions would be helpful!;)

CleveRocks
03-20-2007, 11:27 PM
I flew AirTran for the first time In November and was VERY impressed. On the way from MCO to Philadelphia, it was a full flight. They got us boarded early, so we left about 10 or 15 minutes early (no reason to wait if everyone's there!) and arrived at PHL 25 minutes early!

For flying, it was a pleasant experience, no different from any other airline.

mudpuppysmom
03-21-2007, 12:21 PM
If you have flown SW and Cont, then I would say Airtran is somewhere in the middle......but more like SW, but Airtran has seat assignments that SW does not....

Believe it or not, my DS enjoys flying on SW BECAUSE he can pick his own seat!!!

I like SW better than Airtran because they fly more direct flights from PIT than Airtran does, and they are right about the same price, unless you get a DING fare, then SW is cheaper.

That kind of savings to me is worth taking Airtran (I'm an admitted cheapskate). They are all the same planes and all the pilots have to know how to fly before they get behind the stick......it comes down to customer service and Airtran is no better or worse than anyone else IMHO.

momof2munkies
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks so much to the both of you for the advice, I really appreciate it!

I did check SW and it was going to be over $1000, which to me, is just crazy! :plane: I need to book travel soon, so I will be making a final decission soon. My hubby says Air Tran hands down because of the savings!

I am getting sooooooo excited! We leave in April 24th!:yay:

King Triton
03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
$340 will get you a lot of food, souvenirs, etc. You could even extend your trip if time permits.

OK, you have to get up early one morning. Its not that bad...I never sleep well the night before anyway.

AirTran is fine...just make sure you do the online checkin the day before.

momof2munkies
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes I completely agree with you! We had already planned to add a day to out trip, which is another $200, so with this savings in airfare it pays for that and then some!:cloud9:

Thanks so much!

wdwnomad
03-21-2007, 10:38 PM
If you are traveling with children, although the savings is significant on AirTran (and they have XM radio), I would go with Continental because of the convinence of the non-stop flight. Changing planes would mean one more thing can go wrong. Getting stuck or delayed at another airport is not something I would want to happen. Also, if the kids have never flown before, you might not know how they would react and behave. Getting there and back in one shot might be worth it. If it is only adults traveling then I would say go with AirTran.

Dopey's Girl
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I have flown with airtran quite a bit, and have been very happy with them! I just got back from WDW yesterday ( :( ) and I flew airtran. I had some of the best flight attendants I have ever had, very friendly and helpful!

I don't like stopping, but considering the savings, I wouldn't hesitate to take the airtran flight, and spend the savings on some nice meals, or fun trinkets!