PDA

View Full Version : Another stroller question

Ltmoko
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
I've decided if I can find a fairly inexpensive umbrella stroller, thats what i'll do. My DD will be 4 yrs old, about 44" tall, and 40+ lbs. Does anyone know of a stroller that will accomodate her without spending a fortune? We will be going for 9 days so, I'm willing to spend $100 or so on one instead of renting. Thanks.

TikiGoddess
03-20-2007, 06:31 PM
We have a MacLaren Triumph that is rated up to 50-55 lbs. It was $109 (last year's model) and I love it. Very lightweight and has a shoulder strap so you can carry it on the buses.

Look on the internet and you should be able to get one for about $100. The Mac Volo is cheaper but does not have a canopy and does not recline.

TikiG

TexasPrincessAurora
03-20-2007, 06:56 PM
I got my Silver Cross umbrella stroller new on Ebay for just under $100. It has a canopy and reclines too. We've been very happy with it and have used it in 3 trips to Disney. DS now is 39 inches tall and 38 pounds. He is still very comfortable in it and has room to grow.

sleepingbooty
03-20-2007, 07:38 PM
I got my Maclaren Volo used on Ebay for about $60. We love it, and I'm still using it with my 3 1/2 year old, who weighs close to 40 pounds with no problem. The thing I love most about it, is that it is taller than most umbrella strollers. I had a couple cheapies that were so uncomfortable to push because I had to hunch over (and I'm only 5'7"). Go for the Volo:thumbsup: