PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite night-time show ever?

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-20-2007, 06:02 PM
What is everyones favorite night-time show (fireworks/etc) to see in WDW? From Illuminations to Wishes to SpectroMagic...they are all so unique and amazing...which is your favorite out of any, past or present?

One of the best memories I have of WDW in 97 and 99 is the SpectroMagic parade. Such wonderful colorful lights, amazing music and floats...and then there's the odd person elbowing you for your spot :ack: but hey the majority of it is the greatest experience I had down there.

Is there a SpectroMagic schedule or is it even still on? I'm hoping to catch it when we're there on the 18th-25th of May. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Less than 60 days! :D :cloud9:

Chris :hatter:

DNS
03-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Fantasmic!

KAJUNKING
03-20-2007, 06:31 PM
another vote for fantasmic! :thumbsup:

princessimagineer
03-20-2007, 06:39 PM
illuminations needs updating in my oppinion, something about that globe part just boars me, but thats just me...

some of my earlyest disney memories are watching spectromagic. i remember being afraid of ursula. one time... i think it was my 1997 trip (i was 7 yrs old) there wer rumars that it was going to end, and i was very sad, im glad it hasnt :D

but i havta say my favorite night time show is Wishes, its just so well directed and coriagraphed (sp?) and the soundtrack is soo much fun. i can go on and on attempting to explain why i love that soo much.

TinkRocks
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Oooh, tough decision.

Spectromagic. Fantasmic is a very close 2nd though.

2Epcot
03-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I love the older version of Illuminations, but my vote for favorite goes to Fantasmic. :mickey:

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Fantasmic with Spectro a close second.
:ditto: on the globe and illuminations needing an update. Does anyone else think the version from the '90s was better?

AwPhooey
03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Of the current evening shows, I'd go with Wishes, though SpectroMagic is a very close second.

My all time favorite evening show is The Main Street Electrical Light Parade.

joelkfla
03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
The original Fantasmic! at DL (which is still much better than at WDW, but was even more better before they retired some of it's floats).

At WDW, MSEP edges out Fantasmic!

CandleontheWater
03-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Illuminations v. 2 (late 80's-90's) is my absolute favorite nighttime show ever. The current Illuminations is growning on me, but nothing will beat out old illuminations. I absoultely loved how each country was featured with its own music, and when those first notes of "Rhapsody in Blue" would sound, and all the lazers would focus on The American Adventure, wow, it still gives me shivers! I do like the music of the current illuminations, but I wish there were more fireworks and less globe. I personally think the globe is the weak link of illuminations.

Bear Lee
03-20-2007, 09:52 PM
My all time favorite evening show is The Main Street Electrical Light Parade.

Same here! :thumbsup:

battle beast
03-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Light Magic. That's right, you heard me. I saw it the only year it was operational, and I still love the song, "dream our dreams."

I thought it was way cool.

Melanie
03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Illuminations v. 2 (late 80's-90's) is my absolute favorite nighttime show ever. The current Illuminations is growning on me, but nothing will beat out old illuminations. I absoultely loved how each country was featured with its own music, and when those first notes of "Rhapsody in Blue" would sound, and all the lazers would focus on The American Adventure, wow, it still gives me shivers! I do like the music of the current illuminations, but I wish there were more fireworks and less globe. I personally think the globe is the weak link of illuminations.

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Except for the part about the current Illuminations growing on you. ;)

MissT
03-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Wishes with a close second going to Electric Light parade because it reminds me of DD's when they were little there.

GiltterDisneyGirl
03-21-2007, 12:55 AM
:pixie: Illuminations!!! :pixie:

WDW_Obsessed
03-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Fantasmic with Spectromagic as my close seconcd :mickey: I love it all!:cloud9:

King Triton
03-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I agree with the late 90's version of Illuminations. The globe in the current show goes on far too long and is difficult to see clearly.

Another favorite of mine that has gone away is Tapestry of Nations.

Spectromagic is my favorite MK show, but Wishes is close.

And to answer your original question...SpectroMagic is still on the schedule...you'll just need to check the hours. I'd guess it would go on at least once or twice while you're there.

2Goofy
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I would have the say the Magic, Music, and Mayhem fireworks show at the Pirate Princess Party. It was awesome!!! :fworks:

Marilyn Michetti
03-21-2007, 06:34 PM
None of the above, but the night version of Tapestry of Dreams parade was just soooooo awesome. It was the same parade as during the day, but somehow neater at night.:)

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 06:57 PM
My vote goes to the Main Street Electrical Parade. I loved that parade and it has special meaning for me because I was a driver during it and have actually driven every one of the floats from front to back!! I love this parade!!:mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
03-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm going to have to ask for help - I think it was during the 25th anniversary. I remember loving the music and the parade, but I can't for the life of me think what it was.

I suppose I need to find the videotape.

My other favorite was at Disneyland. There's just something about the weather and location that make a difference for me. First time I saw the Mulan parade was with my DS after a long day in the park with just the two of us - I will remember it forever.

All in all - I can't think of a bad parade or fireworks exhibit that I was seen at a Disney property - even @ Tokyo Disneyland!

dolphinmickey9170
03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
We did a Wishes! cruise for our wedding. It was the most magical moment in our lives. I truly recommend this to everyone. I have Wishes! downloaded on my laptop so whenever I need that moment of reliving.....I just click and listen. It still brings tears to my eyes. 44 more days and I can watch it again!:magic: :fworks:

disneyworld55925592
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
My family and I have always been suckers for illuminations. Seems like everytime we are there thats the firework show we end up at.
We did go see fantasmic and it was wonderful although abig mess lining up and finding you seat. For illuminations we mosey toward the exit and watch the fireworks. We also like to go on splash mountain during hte electric light parade. When you come around the top bank and look at its cool to see all the floats!:fworks:

homeschool mom
03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Although I love Wishes, Illuminations, and Fantasmic, my favorite all time night time "show" would have to be Spectromagic. It is a must see for me every time I go to WDW. Even though DH always says, "You've already seen it." I must reply, "And your point would be....." I never grow tired of Spectromagic. I even bought the soundtrack a couple of years ago and take myself back there every once in a while in my imagination.

Here we go again...
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
There was a parade at Epcot years ago... all I remember was the card we got. It was a called Share a Dream Come True. They gave the cards to the kids and they wrote their dream on the card. Then, you would punch out the dream, it was on a star cut out, then drop it in the dream catchers net as the parade went by.

I have no idea what that parade was... we saw it on our first trip but never again. My DD was in awe through the whole parade. She met a little girl while we were sitting down waiting and they had the best time together. That parade really sticks in my mind.

I guess out of the current choices, I would pick Fantasmic!

lightyearfan
03-22-2007, 12:38 PM
our favorite nighttime show is Fantasmic, this is a brilliant show, but SpectroMagic will always have a special place in our hearts this was the first nightime parade that we saw and we were just blown away!

The Bookseller
03-23-2007, 08:59 AM
I would have to say Illuminations.

honeybear
03-23-2007, 11:58 AM
I would have to say it is a tie between Spectromagic and Illuminations for 1st place. Fantasmic running a VERY CLOSE second!

I like Wishes, but I can take or leave it!

LudwigVonDrake
03-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Fantasmic :smickey:

with Wishes a close second :fworks:

jedigrrrl
03-24-2007, 07:02 PM
The Main-Street . . Electrical . . PARADE!

SpecJoe Magic
03-25-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm going to have to ask for help - I think it was during the 25th anniversary. I remember loving the music and the parade, but I can't for the life of me think what it was.

You're talking about the Remember the Magic parade. It was later known as the Magical Moments parade. I agree with you that it was an awesome parade. The music was very catchy and the floats were great as well. It would stop at various points along the route, and Cast Members would select children from the audience to join in a short dance with Disney characters in the middle of the street. It's my all-time favorite day-time parade at WDW. It ran from 1996-2000. Here are some of the lyrics of the song:

Remember the magic, remember the magic, it's time to remember the magic! Your heart could just take wings, you could live out all your dreams. No matter how, no matter when, you could reach that world again! It's like a dream come true that lives inside of you. It's time to remember the magic! There's always a dream coming true. Remember the magic!

That being said, Wishes is my all-time favorite night-time show.

MNNHFLTX
03-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I would have to say the Electrical Light Parade is my favorite, with Wishes a close second.:mickey:

LoriMistress
03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I would have to say Illuminations. The show is breathtaking.

GenieOfPA
03-25-2007, 07:27 PM
FANTASMIC! i LOVE this show!

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Fantasmic is A "wow" show for me....

Illuminations pulls at my heart strings for some reason...I catch myself getting teary...

kurt
04-03-2007, 09:23 AM
my vote is for illuminations. the fire, video lasers, music &fireworks make it must see for me everytime i'm there:number1:

TIdoubleGR
04-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Illuminations, hands down.

Now that that's been said, I have to admit:
*Epcot is my favorite park.
*I am a music teacher, so music is a big chunk of what shapes my opinion.

There's something about Gavin Greenaway's score that really intrigues me-- I always hear something different when I listen to RoE. It keeps me entertained even when the globe is spinning (gets old after the first 20 spins around the water). Between that, how RoE makes for such good soundtrack scoring no matter what you're looking at (SSE, any of the pavilions, the sky, etc.), and the whole concept of having everyone gathered together in one spot from around the world (literal Earth, WDW, and the world at WS) for an evening of peace and enjoyment--it's enough to really make you feel a part something. You're not just watching, you're participating just by being there.

I love it! :thumbsup:

Fangorn
04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
This is a tough one, so I'll cheat and break things out into some different categories. :blush:

My favorite all time evening show is Illuminations. No question. I love this experience.

Favorite nighttime parade is the Main Street Electrical Parade. For a parade that's been around for 35 years (come this June) it still captures me from the very first chord to the eagle disappearing down the street.

But the most spectacular nighttime show I've ever seen has to be the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Fireworks Spectacular. This was incredible. I had seen Wishes for the first time a few months before and thought THAT was an incredible show. The 50th show starts out like Wishes, but then goes to a whole new level. It really was spectacular.

Steve
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Lucille
04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Without a doubt - THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!

JabberJaws
04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
I want to say Fantasmic, simply because I used to work there 5 years ago. But I am going to go with Spectro. Just hearing the song brings a flood of childhood memories back!

RAIDER
04-03-2007, 02:36 PM
:cloud9: I have to go for ILLUMINATIONS ...it always takes my breath away with the final finale of fireworks and then walking back to your car / etc with the lights of the park and music of Epcot ringing in your ears :thumbsup:

PrincessAmanda
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I absolutely love Spectromagic. The music in it is great and I really love white lights!

ravsluvdisney
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I love the older version of Illuminations, but my vote for favorite goes to Fantasmic. :mickey:

I always thought the older/original(?) Illuminations was great. But now with two DS' along for the trip I can't beat watching the Wishes fireworks while the boys goof around along the POLY beach.

magicman
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Beginning with my most favorite:
(1) WISHES
(2) Fantasmic (close second to Wishes)
(3) Spectromagic Parade
(4) Illuminations

Septbride2002
04-03-2007, 05:57 PM
No one has mentioned mine yet - and I know it's corny but I love the Electric Water Pagent. It is a corky show - but DH and I watched it twice from hammocks at the Poly beach and there is nothing that says "Disney" to me more then floating barges with clinky music. :)

~Amanda

tinkerbell615
04-03-2007, 06:51 PM
SpectroMagic... Hands Down!!:number1:

DH loves Fantasmic
DD also loves SpectroMagic
DS loves Wishes

dumbo ears
04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
id have to say the spectromagic parade. it is amazing and the best parade at wdw.

Tynkerbelle
04-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Nothing can replace the original Main St Electrical Light Parade! I wish they'd bring it back east - Spectro is OK, but it just isn't the same.....

Current day favorite - it's a tie between Fantasmic & Illuminations....

Septbride2002 - I also love the Electric Water Pagent!!!

Golf Grumpy
04-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Illuminations!! That is the best. :thumbsup:

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Past: The Electric Light Parada

Current: Fantastmic

EvilQueen2006
04-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Fantasmic with Spectromagic as my close seconcd

:ditto: