PDA

View Full Version : Do they have fireworks on Grad Nights?

Niecyboo
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Since the parks officially close at 7:00 on Grad nights, the official Disney site does not show WIshes for those nights (Of course). But since we'll be staying at the Contemporary, we'd still get to see fireworks if they have them on Grad nights, even if we can't be in the park. But I'd hate to sit at the observation deck waiting, only to discover that they didn't have any those nights.

HndrdPrcnt
03-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I can't speak for WDW, but I do know at DLR that on Grad Nights, there are no firework shows.

joelkfla
03-20-2007, 08:28 PM
They do have fireworks during the Grad Nite events, but I think they're pretty late (like after midnight.)

Some excerpts from the official Disney Grad Nite site:

Lake Buena Vista, Fla - On April 20, 21, 27 & 28, high school seniors will join the Magic Kingdom Park in celebrating 35 years of Disney Grad Nite Celebrations. The Theme Park will transform its magical lands into a graduate-only private party featuring chart-topping entertainment, unlimited use of select attractions and much more.

The celebration begins at 10 p.m. and continues until 4 a.m. The night has a wide range of possibilities for fun including some long-time favorites and plenty of new experiences.

“The Magic Kingdom team spends the entire year planning the event and works hard to turn the Theme Park into a giant nightclub. The graduates can also play free arcade games all night in Tomorrowland and enjoy one of the event highlights - the Class of 2007 lights-out fireworks display, ” said [Tim Hill, director of special programs for Disney Destinations, LLC.]

MissT
03-21-2007, 12:32 AM
The last couple of years, Grad Nite has landed on our Spring vacation week (NH). :(

pogo
03-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Last year they did. I kow because we were staying at the Poly, MK View and when they went off:fworks: and trust me, we were wide awake.:angry: :eyes:

The worst part was when the Ferry Boats returned to the TTC. Every time they approached the dock they blew their horns, even at 2:00 AM and woke us up. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep during Grad Nights.:mad:

But we made the best of it and watched them from our patio in our PJ's. :D