PDA

View Full Version : Will we look silly?

Jeri Lynn
03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
This year I want to try some rides that I have never tried before, some of those are in Fantasyland.

Will we, 2 adult women and 2 teenagers, look silly if we ride Dumbo, The magic carpets and the Barnstormer in Toontown?

My other question would be, I am able to ride the carousel without a problem, could never ride the Teacups...how do Dumbo and the Magic Carpets compare to the carousel in regards to the dizzy factor?

HndrdPrcnt
03-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Jeri Lynn -

That is the great thing about going to WDW ..... everyone is a kid and no, you will not look silly going on these attractions without carting a 3-year-old with you. That is part of the fun, of the magic!! Go on all of these attractions and enjoy!

As far as the dizziness factor, I would say that these attractions you are wanting to go on resemble the carousel and not the teacups. You get much dizzier on the teacups than you ever would on Dumbo or the Magic Carpets.

Go enjoy the greatest time machine of all time and be a kid again!!:mickey: :thumbsup:

kakn7294
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
As far as the dizziness factor, I hate the teacups for that reason, but Dumbo and the Carpets are fine.

As far as the silliness factor, you'll be fine. Nobody will even blink at you being on these rides. I plan to wear a silver-colored plastic Little Mermaid tiara (it even lights up) to the P & P party in August - I'm 37 years old. I asked my girls and DH if they would be embarassed (just joking around with them - not seriously planning to buy it) and they all said the same thing: "you're in Disney World - it doesn't matter", so I bought it.

faline
03-20-2007, 03:32 PM
No more silly than my husband and I do when we ride these rides!

vicster
03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Of course you won't look silly. It always seems my husband and I are the only ones without young kids on Buzz Lightyear. Oh well...

Marilyn Michetti
03-20-2007, 03:43 PM
The teacups are different because they are spinning individually while the whole floor is going round and round. Dumbo and the Carousel just go round, and up and down, and now nearly as fast. DS was absolutely white as a sheet coming off the teacups when he was 12.:sick:

Goofeygal
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
No one ever looks silly as WDW riding the fantasy land rides. That as stated above is the great thing about disney it allows us all to be kids again.

homeschool mom
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
If people think you look silly, then THEY are in the wrong place!

I do not enjoy the teacups due to the dizziness, but I have never had any trouble on any of the other rides you mentioned.

By the way, I am 44 and we're going in May. Two of our daughters will celebrate their birthday while we're there. :party: The soon-to-be 13 year old has already asked me if I would wear minnie ears along with her to help her celebrate. I plan on it! ;) I'll also be riding Dumbo, the Carousel and Magic Carpets. :thumbsup:

Have a great time!

Diane

DVC2004
03-20-2007, 03:45 PM
No! No adults look silly riding anything at WDW!:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
if you're gonna look silly, then so will we when we ride! i don't think anyone will give it a second thought...

and you should be fine on the spinning rides. the teacups are the only one to watch out for. i nearly made myself sick last time we rode it! of course i was doing everything i could to make it spin faster, so it's kind of my fault! :sick:

KAJUNKING
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
youll be fine, i ride all of those when we go :mickey:

KingdomHeartsFan
03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't worry you won't look silly at all! I am 25 with no kids and I ride ALL the Fantasyland rides every time to go to WDW. Last year we met a nice couple in their 60's that was getting on Dumbo the same time us. We chatted the whole time we were in line about how at Disney everyone is a kid! Have fun!

PirateLover
03-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Let me put it this way- The first time I ever went with my boyfriend to WDW I was 18 and he was 20. We were there for the MK Opening Ceremonies, and then we RAN straight to Dumbo. :dumbo: We were 2nd in line. So of course, I say: Go for it!!!!:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I never notice anyone else at WDW to see if they are looking silly... can you imagine how bored someone would have to be to even notice what a bunch of adults were riding??

princessimagineer
03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
If people think you look silly, then THEY are in the wrong place!

good point!

my only problem with dumbo and the carpets is the height problem. i hate heights. but if ur totaly fine with them then u shud be fine up there... (Soaring for me is a whole different adventure.... :scared: )

LoriMistress
03-20-2007, 06:06 PM
My DH and I go on those rides all the time! Don't think about looking silly, because you're going to be a kid all over again! :mickey:

Ian
03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Will we, 2 adult women and 2 teenagers, look silly if we ride Dumbo, The magic carpets and the Barnstormer in Toontown?All due respect, you're hanging out in a place where grown men walk around wearing Goofy hats and mouse ears ... how worried do you really need to be about looking silly? ;)

To your second point, you and I seem to be of similar temperament in terms of our ride tolerance. I would say that the Carousel is just about equal to Dumbo and Aladdin in terms of "spinology."

GINNY69
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
How can you look silly !! Your in WDW, everyone is a kid there.. Go and have fun ! Who cares what people think your on vacation go have the time of your life..

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
;) :mickey: If you look silly, so will alot of other adults, myself and DH included.

I do all of those rides too. Even when my two boys are standing on the ground with my husband laughing their butt's off at me going for a ride on Dumbo with my daughter(when they refuse because 9 and 7 are too old, yeah right!!)...It is what WDW is all about!!

Go for it and have a blast!!

As for the spinning factor, I don't think it would bother you. Very similar to the feel of the carousel.

pogo
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
One other point !

Who cares........ your not going to see 99 % of those people ever again !

Have fun, make a fool of your self, laugh, and don't worry about it ! :D

Caroleh
03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
One other point !

Who cares........ your not going to see 99 % of those people ever again !

Have fun, make a fool of your self, laugh, and don't worry about it ! :D

:ditto:

battle beast
03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I rode Alice in Wonderland (DL) by mtyslef, and I'm 23 yearold male. :D

Jeri Lynn
03-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks everyone, you all make great points.

I guess as many times I have walked through Fantasyland I have never noticed who was riding the rides!!

Come November I'll be riding a few rides I've never been on before!!:mickey:

big blue and hairy
03-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Will we, 2 adult women and 2 teenagers, look silly if we ride Dumbo, The magic carpets and the Barnstormer in Toontown?

You ask that like its a bad thing...:D

My other question would be, I am able to ride the carousel without a problem, could never ride the Teacups...how do Dumbo and the Magic Carpets compare to the carousel in regards to the dizzy factor?
The teacups make me :sick: ....Dumbo and the carpets are fine.

By the way, two adults, no kids, and I knew the answer....;)

:sulley:

ASweetLov
03-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh you wouldnt look silly at all;) My boyfriend and I are both in our 20's and we stood in line without any kids and being surrounded by them and had a great time on the Dumbo ride. I cant go on anything like the spinning tea cups and Dumbo isnt anything like it:mickey:

MsMin
03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
You can line up behind us. We ride the kiddie rides all the time. We love the cups.
When spinning don't look at the moving pavement. Keep your eyes on the ride and not the ground. Esp. in the cups if you dare and you don't have to spin the cup for the extra umph.
Just think of how silly we look me and my kids, we need 2 cups but their ages are 21,24 and 26!
Dumbo moves slower so the spinning is not bad. We do the astro obitors too. :dizzy:

Tick-Tock
03-21-2007, 02:19 PM
One of my nicest Disney memories is riding Dumbo on my 33rd birthday (it was raining hard at DL that day and there was no line at 10 on a Saturday morning!). Just me and my boyfriend, no kids.

tron80
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree with all of you. At WDW everyone is 5 years old again.

Goes4FastPass
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
It's Great To Be an Adult-

You can ride Dumbo at 1pm and drink beer at JellyRolls at 1am.

angedeaile
03-22-2007, 01:24 AM
I love Disney World because it is one of those places where it is okay to be silly.

My DLB-9yr would :blush: at how excited and crazy I would act at DW. That is until he realized,
it is okay to act like a kid at DW! You won't see these folks again and no one can judge at DW.

Everyone there is secretly a kid at heart...some are just better at supressing it than folks like me.

SO HAVE FUN AND LET 'ER RIP!

OH and be sure to skip atleast once down Main Street. It will get your inner child out and ready by the time you get on Dumbo :P

pook@wdw
03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
My mamma always said, "doesn't matter what others think, only matters what you think!" If you want to ride it, ride it! Not much dizzy factor on Dumbo or Magic Carpet. Barnstormer seats, however, are a little smaller than your standard Roler coaster seats. But at forty-something, I still love it too!:D

WDWFREAK101
03-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Of Course not. I have always told myself and other people that are embaressed about themselves.

1.Don't Worry- Like someone already said your probably not going to see those people again.

2.What could possibly go wrong-No one is going to look up at Dumbo and scream," Oh My God! 2 Adults and 2 Teenagers are on Dumbo!!!!!!

3.Live life the way you want it-No one controls your life.

4.Laugh at yourself- People that make fun of you generally are either scared of you or they wanted to ride Dumbo but they are scared. Also if they laugh at you just laught at yourself unembarrisangly (spelling?) and just walk away and keep it cool.:mickey:

Meteora
03-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Two years ago I went to WDW with two of my good friends--we were all twenty. And we took pictures with Mickey, went through Fantasyland...pretty much everything. A couple of months ago I went for the day with my 19 year-old sister and her boyfriend and, again, we did everything. Dumbo, the carousel...we made my sister's boyfriend sit in his own Dumbo while we sat in one together, and no one looked twice at the 19 year-old guy doing Dumbo by himself.

And normally when we go it's my parents, me (22) and my sister (19). We have never let our ages stop us from going on any ride we wanted to, or being as silly as we wanted to be, or taking pictures with our favorite characters. The only thing I would say is different is that if there was a long line and limited capacity for a character, we'd let the kiddies go in front of us. Same for a parade or show. We love Disney but recognize the importance of making sure the children have absolutely magical experiences, just like we did when we were younger.

No one will even give you guys a second glance. Disney is for families and friends of all ages.

DizneyFreak2002
03-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Go and enjoy yourself.. Ride what you want to ride... I personally do not ride these rides because I do not enjoy them.. But, this is Disney World, where adults are kids just grown up.... Who cares what others may think.. Heck, I wore a Tigger hockey jersey while in the parks, would never wear it at home... Go be a kid again...

mttafire
03-25-2007, 01:56 PM
No! No adults look silly riding anything at WDW!:mickey:
You got that right!!:mickey: :coaster:

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Everyone is a Kid At Disney World! I spend A LOT of time in fanstyland, riding everything....teacups more than once....Go For It! No one will even think twice about it!

MickeyAD
04-02-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm 21 yrs old and my 20 yr old best friend and I love the Fantasyland rides (especially the Pooh, Peter Pan, and Snow White rides).

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 02:58 AM
:mickey: Oh, I think you'd be far sillier if you skipped those attractions!!;) I have to confess - Magic Carpets is one of my very favorite rides!! I love the views, and letting my girls take us up and down (or getting control of the carpet myself and keeping us as "up" as I can get us...:D )

I say get on 'em all, and have a GREAT time - the more, the merrier!!:thumbsup:

hoop de do
04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
If anyone would ask, just tell them you're a INTERCOTEE. :trio: :dumbo: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TIdoubleGR
04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
You can ride Dumbo at 1pm and drink beer at JellyRolls at 1am.

Bingo! :number1:

I'm looking forward to looking utterly ridiculous in June with my other crazy 23 year old friends, running around WDW with our embroidered dream ears, pin lanyards, and pal mickeys as we get pictures, autographs, and ride everything we possibly can....

....and then going to the Adventurer's Club. :D

Jerry2
04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I think everyone has answered the question about looking sillly for you.

As far as the Dizzy factor… Very few people have worse equilibrium problems than I have. I literally can get queasy sitting on the couch watching TV. The tea cups are completely out of the question, but I can however handle Aladdin, Dumbo, the Astro Orbiter and the Carousel. I may have to concentrate a little toward the end, but I have never even come close to having a problem on any of them. Each of those rides with maybe the exception of the Carousel are almost exactly one minute long ( I’ve videoed the entire ride and checked the VCR counter) it shouldn’t be enough time to get too dizzy.

BelleandtheBeast
04-03-2007, 11:42 PM
No worries about looking silly. I was 22 and my father was 40 and we rode Dumbo and had a grand time. We even made our selves sillier on purpose by riding all the was down while everyone was high and also going up and down real fast, lol:dumbo:

tyandskyesmom
04-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I plan to wear a silver-colored plastic Little Mermaid tiara (it even lights up) to the P & P party in August - I'm 37 years old. I asked my girls and DH if they would be embarassed (just joking around with them - not seriously planning to buy it) and they all said the same thing: "you're in Disney World - it doesn't matter", so I bought it.

Oh, you were going to buy it anyway!!!