PDA

View Full Version : Hall Of Presidents

Marker
03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
What a great show!!! I hadn't set foot in this attraction in years, but last week I decided to change that. I really enjoyed it!!!! No, it's not a "thrill" ride but it was thrilling nonetheless.

However, while I was waiting, and looking over the displays in the lobby, I noticed a father and son who came in, looked around, and then turned and left with the dad saying "This is a place for Grandpa". I thought that was kind of sad. An educational opportunity for a father and son, was relegated to a place only for old people.

So what's wrong with a little lesson in history? Why is it only for old people?

So, when was the last time you visited the Hall Of Presidents?

pox24
03-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Visited couple of weeks ago.Still an old favorite. Did ya see the cigar sticking out of Clinton's pocket? Really life like. Only kidding!
Always tear up at the end.

JPL
03-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I went last summer but I have to admit mostly to escape the heat. I do enjoy the show just not a must see every trip.

DNS
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
This is an absolute must do for us. We think it's terrific. My nieces and nephews love it too. Very sad that someone thought this was just for older people.:sad:

HndrdPrcnt
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
We were there during our last trip in September. I love this attraction and make it a MUST DO for every trip. I was with extended family, 10 of us in all, and I think that I was the only one that was awake for the whole show. Too bad for them because this is really a great attraction. I think that all my planning and running around just ran them in to the ground:blush: .

KylesMom
03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Alas, HoP is on our "want to do" each trip, but we never seem to make it in there due to timing when we pass by. Now that DS is 9 and is truly interested in history, I've placed it near the top of my list of "things we NEED to do" this year. :mickey: I honestly don't remember much about the show, as the last time I saw it was 1991 . . .

NJGIRL
03-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I love history and always try to make this show but I have to admit with all the other things to do it's hard to work it in because of the show times. Sometimes we "just miss" the time it begins and forget to go back later.

I also wish that the MK would make a bigger deal out of this attraction. For people who don't know about it and never see anyone waiting outside, they may think it's just an empty building.

KAJUNKING
03-20-2007, 03:41 PM
it is a must do everytime we go! i love it and it is a great place to get out of the heat :mickey:

mm59
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Too many people miss this Great attraction. We love to see the small movements that make the Presidents look Alive.

AwPhooey
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I try to go to Hall of Presidents at least once every visit. Sure, it may not be the most exciting, adrenaline-pumping attraction at WDW, but it's still a great show. I can't begin to imagine how much work/time it takes getting those animatronics to look *exactly* like the presidents.

I'll admit that sometimes I go in there to, dare I say it, take a quick snooze (:secret:), but that's the exception, not the rule.

bradk
03-20-2007, 06:02 PM
i've seen it maybe every 2-3 trips.

always pay my respects to that play pen with the eagle rug they got in there.

and still trying to figure out how many there are. i've heard 2 and 3. i'm inclined to believe 3 because i heard the smithsonian has one at that makes sense but i don't recall seeing it at the museum either.

between the sister of the liberty bell and the presidential seal, it's amazing what treasures disney was able to secure and display for people who just finished blasting zurg.

(and word has it, clinton has been found to have things much more damaging than cigars in his pockets... and nixon has been known to be considered a crook)

Speedy1998
03-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Try to make it every trip, but only seem to make it every other trip. One of my favorites, anyone else remeber when people used to stand while the soundtrack played Hail to the Cheif? It used to be one of the popular attractions in the park back then.

mrsHerbie53
03-20-2007, 06:15 PM
We have not had time the last few visits, but DS8 is now soaking up this kind of thing, so it is on our list for next time, too.

Question: Does HoP get busy during Presidents' weekend????

Sharon1026
03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
We see it every few years. Though I wish we could leave before Bush starts yakking. :shake:

DNS
03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
And I love that they add new presidents as soon as one is elected. Very cool!

SBETigg
03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
I haven't gone in years and I can't imagine that changing. I just don't like it. It could have something to do with the fact that on my last visit, Abe Lincoln malfunctioned and looked like he was melting a la the Wicked Witch of the West over and over again, plus the AC was out of commission. In August. It was a nightmare!

I can't do it again. Don't make me. You go on ahead. I'll be over on Big Thunder Mountain.

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
We love it!!! See it every trip
Unlike Sharon1026, my favorite part is when President Bush is "yacking"

battle beast
03-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I made sure I did the HoP when I went in October. There was a guy named James, a castmember, who made the ENTIRE wait for the show worth the WHOLE DAY at the park. He was nice, friendly, KNEW WHO THE PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA IS, (AND WAS!!!), and inaugurateed a little girl as the 44th president of the us of a.

I even went to city hall and priased him, and left a message for some higher up boss, too.

Totally made the whole trip for me!

FormerCastMember
03-21-2007, 05:05 AM
if everyone has a great appreciation for The Hall of Presidents im curious to hear your opinions about The American Adventure over in Epcot.

"America...spread your golden wings...sail on freedoms wind across the sky...great bird with your golden dreams...flying high...flying high"

The film at the end with all the audio from JFK and the Apollo 11 landing always gets to me no matter what.

NJGIRL
03-21-2007, 09:33 AM
between the sister of the liberty bell and the presidential seal, it's amazing what treasures disney was able to secure and display for people who just finished blasting zurg.

I only know this because my son just finished a report on the Liberty Bell. The bell Disney has is not the sister bell. The sister bell's home is at Villanova Universersity in PA. In 1950 each state was given a replica of the Liberty Bell as a gift celebrating it's 200th anniversity. That is the bell that is in the magic Kindom. Just a little trivia.

Belle619
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I have to say that it was all my sister's idea to see the HoP on our last trip (it was my first time at WDW) but I really ended up enjoying it. I was impressed by the work that must have gone into the animatronics and who knows, maybe the next president will break the mold!

Seriously though, if you can learn at the same time you're being entertained, then I'm all for it!

mrsgaribaldi
03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I love this ride. I always get goosepimples when I see it. I know they are fake but they seem so real:blush: We did it last time in Feb.

DNS
03-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I made sure I did the HoP when I went in October. There was a guy named James, a castmember, who made the ENTIRE wait for the show worth the WHOLE DAY at the park. He was nice, friendly, KNEW WHO THE PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA IS, (AND WAS!!!), and inaugurateed a little girl as the 44th president of the us of a.

I even went to city hall and priased him, and left a message for some higher up boss, too.

Totally made the whole trip for me!
That's terrific not only the he was informative and entertaining, but that you took the time at City Hall to praise him. Very nice of you.:thumbsup:

jaredkari
03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I love Hall of Presidents. I wouldn't say it is our first stop at the park or something we do everytime. But when you are tired of standing in lines and it is hot it is the best attraction (it and COP).