PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp info? Stories?

SandmanGStefani24
03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
OK, so I looked at the mnsshp and now I have questions. Do you have to buy a second ticket to do this? Is the party a way to ride everything until midnight? What should I know about it before buying (or not buying) a ticket?

Thanks!
:marg:

abdcsl
03-20-2007, 01:47 PM
We went to the party at the end of September last year and it was fun but I don't know that I would do it again. We spent the whole day in MK and it was really nice and empty until the party started. It was much more crowded after the party began. Fireworks were cool, decorations were neat, and parade was great but if you doing it for the rides...I wouldn't
abdcsl
Pop Sept. 2006
Pop May 2007 (surprise trip for DS5 and my b-day)

HndrdPrcnt
03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes, you do have to purchase an additional ticket for this event. And yes, the attractions are all open and the crowds are usually less than they were during the day so you are able to get on to more attractions than you can get on during normal operating hours. In addition to the attractions though, they have special shows, a great MNSSHP parade and a cool fireworks show. They also have trick-or-treating stations set up throughout the park for the kids to collect candy.

We went last year and really had a great time. Our kids are young though so we headed out right after the fireworks. But, for the time we were there, we really enjoyed it. Beforehand we made appointments for our DDs to get all made up at Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique and they were in :cloud9:

I would recommend this event. We really did enjoy ourselves. Do not go there though thinking that the park will be a ghost town (no pun intended). It is still busy, but less busy than during the day.

GreenBeetle
03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
We've done MNSSHP twice now and love it. However, when we went last year (beginning of October) it was much more crowded than our previous trip. Apparently, word has gotten out about October being a great month to visit and how great the Halloween party is.

It's really something to see. The Magic Kingdom is completely transformed - decorations, creepy music, fog machines and of course, trick-or-treating. The parade and fireworks are awesome. I highly recommend it - but if you can, avoid a weekend visit.

Niecyboo
03-20-2007, 03:16 PM
While we have never done MNSSHP, I think that I learned something from the Christmas party that will help. These parties are a great themed evening with extra activities. If you plan on doing these parties to experience these extras, it is probably worth the extra ticket. If you are using it as a chance to ride the rides, it's really not worth it. We went with this attitude and were very disappointed with MVMVP. Now that I know more about it, I think we would have enjoyed it a lot if we understood it better.

We have also been to Disney on Halloween, and there is a lot to do outside of MNSSHP if you choose to go that way.

me...
03-20-2007, 03:19 PM
It is a seperate ticket event like everyone said but they do start letting people in for the party around 4 or 4:30 so if you are going to the party you can make a half day out of MK and not waste a park pass on the earlier part of the day. I hope that makes sense.

Out of all 3 parties this one is my favorite but I love halloween. Its fun o see people dressed up. We have different candy locations, fireworks a parade and different shows and dance parties going on through out the night.

NJGIRL
03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
We have been to the party at least four or five times so I guess you can tell I think it's worth it.

You do have to buy an extra ticket to get it so you can do it two different ways.

1) You can use a regular day ticket and do all the attractions during the day, get a wrist band at 4:30 have dinner then do all of the "Halloween Stuff" at night. There is more than enough to do at night if you have already ridden the rides during the day. Being there during the day avoids trying to get into the park when the crowds come at 4:30.

2) You can just go at 4:30 and skip the day. The only thing is that you will not be able to do all the Halloween stuff and all of the attractions in that time frame. You may have to visit the MK on another day to catch the attractions that you missed.

We have done it both ways and both have worked equally well.

bradk
03-20-2007, 06:06 PM
there are actually a few attractions that don't operate during parties, but you probably won't miss them. in addition to all of the above, there are special photo-ops not normally available, such as the fab 5 in costume for the even, snow white & the 7 dwarfs have been out the past couple of years.. the villains do a meet & greet after their show (last year it was malificent, jafar and frollo).

asrai555
03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Okay - so am I understanding this correctly? If I spend the $47 admission for the NSSHP that includes park admission - so I don't need a park pass for that day? That will be the difference b/t me getting a 5 or a 6 day ticket. Thanks!

Wolf
03-22-2007, 10:20 PM
It is a aditional ticket event thing. Its so worth it!!! We went October 12th it was so awesome!! Be sure to dress up and get to the parade early so you can see the horseman! Its amazing you really should go.

Goofy Pluto
03-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey, I have a question...

So we are looking at going in Sept. I see there are a few scheduled dates for the MNSSHP in Sept. Has anyone gone in Sept? Is it less crowded than it would be in October? We went one year on Halloween (AWESOME!), but just wondering what the atmosphere is like more than a month before Halloween. Thanks!

Disneytrotters
03-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Okay - so am I understanding this correctly? If I spend the $47 admission for the NSSHP that includes park admission - so I don't need a park pass for that day? That will be the difference b/t me getting a 5 or a 6 day ticket. Thanks!

That is correct, but you will not be able to actually enter the park on your Party ticket until 4:00 p.m. We went to the Christmas Party in December, and did just that. We spent the first part of the day lounging around the pool and visiting resorts to look at decorations. We then entered the Park at 4:00 p.m., had and ADR at the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, and stayed around until the Park closed. All-in-all, we were in the MK for over 8 hours...plenty of time to do and see what we wanted to. In addition, we got to watch the fireworks while riding Dumbo! Unbelievable!!! There was nothing between us and the fireworks but air! Sometimes, they were even a little TOO close!!! :D

mickey&missy
03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
We entered MK with our MNSSHP ticket shortly before 4:30 last year to get to our ressie at LTT for 4:30. The CM's were already setup to give out wristbands and it appeared they were turning away people trying to enter on a regular park ticket.

We went for the first, and definitely not the last, time on Halloween last year. It was a BLAST!! I really can't say enough about it! It was soooo much fun, the parade was great, the fireworks were superb, the trick or treating was so much fun! I could go on and on!! I definitely recommend that if your going to be in WDW during the time they have it to spend the extra $ and go!!

huzzah4
03-24-2007, 06:15 AM
We have been planning our trips around this time frame due to the Food and Wine expo at Epcot and decided to give MNSSHP a try last year. We will definitely be going back at this time every year now. The fireworks were grand, the characters were everywhere, and the parade was phenomenal (I especially loved the GraveDigger Silent Drill Team).

The fireworks show is quite different from the normal wishes show, and definitely worth it. I heard that instead of Tink, the Wicked Witch flies from the castle, but we were on the wrong side to see it, so I can't verify that. I have never seen that many characters out and about at one time, and there are trick-or-treat stations all over the place, and they give you literal handfuls of the stuff, you would almost think they get in trouble if they bring any back.

The parade itself is wonderfully done. It starts with the Headless Horseman riding along the parade route. When the actual parade comes along, the floats have all of the standard characters, but dressed in costumes for Halloween. As I said before, the Grave Diggers behind the Haunted Mansion float were my favorite, they do a routine that is reminiscent of a Silent Drill Team that is tons of fun to watch.

I have always enjoyed Halloween, but I am looking forward to it even more this year so we can go back, I would definitely recommend that you try to make it.

DISNEYFIX
03-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Hey, I have a question...

So we are looking at going in Sept. I see there are a few scheduled dates for the MNSSHP in Sept. Has anyone gone in Sept? Is it less crowded than it would be in October? We went one year on Halloween (AWESOME!), but just wondering what the atmosphere is like more than a month before Halloween. Thanks!

We are going in Sept. for the first MNSSHP and was told by Polygirl that we won't miss a thing. Anything put up or done for the last party is ready for the first party. I can't wait.

asrai555
03-24-2007, 07:21 PM
We went for the first, and definitely not the last, time on Halloween last year. It was a BLAST!!

How were the crowds on halloween night? I have heard some pretty bad stories. We will be traveling with two small kids so that is obviously a big factor for us.