PDA

View Full Version : Neck pouch

JoDisney
03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
How many Disney park vacationers use the neck pouches only while exploring the theme parks? What I am referring to is the pouches that hold your passes, room keys, money, credit cards, and id. If you use this, where did you get it? I understand Passporter has a popular one that they sell. I like the idea of having one that has the zippered compartments.

NJGIRL
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I would also be interested in getting one. I don't carry a backpack, pocketbook and any other thing into the parks so this would be perfect.

DNS
03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't know what a neck pouch is, but my Hubby got a very nice shouder thing that is just perfect for the few things he takes. He got it in the shop just outside of AK. It is tan with a safari patch on it. I usually carry a waist pack which I got at World of Disney several years ago, but I'm changing to something different this year.

KAJUNKING
03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
i know they sell them in the gift shops at the disney hotels, i dont know about zippers? these are hard plastic and have a rubber seal to keep your things dry, hope this helps :mickey:

Sharon1026
03-20-2007, 06:33 PM
How many Disney park vacationers use the neck pouches only while exploring the theme parks? What I am referring to is the pouches that hold your passes, room keys, money, credit cards, and id. If you use this, where did you get it? I understand Passporter has a popular one that they sell. I like the idea of having one that has the zippered compartments.

I use a sling bag. I can carry all of the above, plus an autograph book, sunscreen, etc. Target has one online for $19.99. Better than a fanny pack, and smaller than a backpack. No one wants to be a pack mule on vacation!
:lift:

PrincessJadesMom
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I bought one from Passporter. It has a zippered pouch, a pouch which closes with velcro, and two other pouches which don't have a closure. It also has 2 pen holder pouches. It's kind of a plastic feeling neck pouch so I think it will be good for water rides. We will be going in 26 days so I haven't used the pouch yet. :mickey:

The Bookseller
03-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Me, I got myself something like a neck-"Tupperware" at typhoon Lagoon on my last trip.

It's a small container the size of a playing card deck that you can seal and place around your neck. The perfect thing to carry a room key, some other cards and some money! I love it.

Patti
03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
My husband bought me one at the military PX. It's great! I carry my AP, room card (which has charging privileges), DVC card, DDE card, and a few dollars.

I can breeze through security; no bag to check! :mickey:

JoDisney
03-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Princessjadesmom, They described the Passporter as a sturdy, blue nylon with only some plastic when I talked to them. Is your passporter all plastic or is it mostly the blue nylon? I don't want all plastic because that would tear after awhile. Let me know, please. The shipping is high on this; it is almost as much as the product.

PrincessJadesMom
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
JoDisney,the pouch from Passporter is mostly the blue nylon but it's the type of nylon that feels almost plastic-like (not like a nylon cloth bag). The inside lining is black plastic and there is a small outside outside pocket that is made of clear plastic so you could put something in there that you want to show through. I think that the nylon would be sturdy enough. I'm not sure about the shipping part because we ordered a book with it and I don't really remember what I paid for shipping. I hope that this helps. :mickey:

25 days till Disney World !!! :cloud9:

JoDisney
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Thank you for the info.

disneyfamily05
03-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmm.. i have one that i used on our last trip. It is more of a "wallet" like material & size- that folds over (inside is a "pocket" on each side - think of where you put credit cards in a wallet), a zippered pouch (for coints, etc), and a plastic covering where you can slide things like id/park tickets, etc in. It had a ring on it so i could connect it to a laynard i hung around my neck. I found it very convenient - 1) I am paronoid about money, etc falling out of my pockets, 2)it gave me easy access to get my park tickets for turnstiles, FP machines 3) i didn't have to worry about leaving it in a bag someplace - we had a bag w/ sunscreen, etc that we sometimes left in the stroller.

I bought it at the University I work out (so it has a logo), although i want to say i have seen similar "wallet" like objects even at the Disney store? If i recall i bought one for DS with the incredibles on it - they had them to connect to the bookbags they were selling in the fall.

I would also think anywhere they sell laynards in other stores would have similar things. I fully intend to take mine back it worked out so well.

Mariašoš
03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
You can get them at your local Walmart in the luggage section.

Marilyn Michetti
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Staples, Best Buy, Walmart, any luggage store. The one I bought at Staples had two to a package. They have a zip lock top, and hang hoizontally from both ends. They're plenty roomy.:thumbsup:

caryrae
03-22-2007, 10:07 PM
I used one for the 1st time last Sept and it works great. It had pockets with zippers and smaller pockets on the front keep closed with velcro which was great for fastpass tickets. Was so nice knowing everything was safe and sound around my neck and on rides I would put it under my shirt.