PDA

View Full Version : Cabs

aljack34
03-20-2007, 01:30 PM
My Travel Agent just told me cabs are hard to come by at disney world. I am wondering if I should rent a car now. Specifically, I need a cab from DTD to MK. I would think there would be cabs ready to pick up passengers, but she said that is not the case. That in Most cases you have to call for one. Does anyone know what the cab situation is, especially in DTD. Would it be better to rent a car?

me...
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Everytime I have been at DTD I have seen cabs lined up all over the place, so from my experience I really don't think they will be hard to come by.

MN MINNIE
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
for one thing, we took that to Sea World ad it was $25.00 each way for the 4 of us. Travel agents like to sell the car renting part because they get more commission that way too, I know that because Im studying to become a travel agent.:mickey:

robhink
03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
First I want to say :welcome:

Second, everytime I've been at DTD I've seen lots of cabs, but if you don't mind me asking what is the reason that you would need a cab from DTD to the MK?

Just wondering if there are better options

January-2007
03-21-2007, 08:52 AM
what is the reason that you would need a cab from DTD to the MK?

Just wondering if there are better options

I'm not the OP but I can probably tell you why. There are no direct busses from DTD to the themeparks, therefore if you want to go to the Magic Kingdom from Downtown Disney you would have to take a bus to a resort first, then wait for another bus to the park. It eats up a big chunk of the day.

aljack34
03-21-2007, 09:20 AM
First, thank you for the responses. I wanted a cab because my dd has an appointment at bippidity and then we have to head over to MK for lunch with Cinderalla. I don't want to miss that so I want to make sure we get there on time. I heard it could take an hour from DTD to MK.

robhink
03-21-2007, 10:52 AM
First, thank you for the responses. I wanted a cab because my dd has an appointment at bippidity and then we have to head over to MK for lunch with Cinderalla. I don't want to miss that so I want to make sure we get there on time. I heard it could take an hour from DTD to MK.

Thanks for clarifying the issue, with the hard deadline the cab makes sense. If you just wanted to get there the bus from DTD to the Contemporary Resort is a good option, it would be a 10 to 15 minute walk from there to the front of the park. But you figure you might have to wait for 20 mins for a bus at DTD, 20 minute bus ride (roughly) plus the 10 to 15 walk from the Contemporary.

aljack34
03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Do you think they will be readily available at DTD? We should be done at Bippidity at about 12:00, I would think.

Also, my husband is a big sports nut and wants to go to the Wild World of Sports at least once. I understand that is hard to get to. That may be another cab ride?????

January-2007
03-21-2007, 02:26 PM
I've read before that you can take a bus to the Wide World of Sports Complex from MGM Studios. Also, when we stay at Pop we pass the Wide World of Sports Complex so I bet you could walk there from there:confused: or at least catch a cab for cheaper... MGM is where I would try first though.

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2007, 10:20 PM

Cabs aren't going to be able to drop you right at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. You'd need to take it to the Contemporary and walk. Or, you could take it to the Polynesian or Grand Floridian and then catch the monorail to the park. Or, you could catch a bus to either of those and follow the same plan.