PDA

View Full Version : never flown Airtran before

packofjedis
03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Since I'm not familiar with how they work, I have a question about the rates you can get cheaper where you "get seats at check-in." What are the chances of getting 4 seats close together at check-in? Or at least together in twos? I'm wondering if it's not worth the extra $$ to have piece of mind that I know my children aren't sitting alone.

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup:

King Triton
03-20-2007, 12:48 PM
You shouldn't have a problem. AirTran has 24 hour prior to the flight online checkin and seat assignment. So if you make your reservations online and checkin shortly after the 24 hour window starts, you'll have no problems sitting together.

SheLovesDisney
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM
You shouldn't have any problem. We checked in 24 hours before our flight and the system automatically assigned us 4 seats together. We could choose to keep those seats or change them. On the way home, we were well within the 24 hour window when we checked in and still had no problem getting seats together. Have fun!

CanadianWDWFan
03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
A buddy of mine did forget about the 24 hour check in window. He checked in about 15 hours in advance and he still got his family sitting together. Myself, I am planning on having a bunch of alarms go off. I have programmed my cell phone to go off as well as my email program here at work to email me a note to remind me. I really don't want to forget to do this!:D

Still I am not worried.

ADevereaux
03-20-2007, 01:53 PM
I've used them a bunch and never had any problem whatsoever. :thumbsup:

They have the greatest rates!

wdwnomad
03-20-2007, 10:32 PM
The past two times at Disney we forget to check-in online for our return flight. Both times we checked in at the airport and we able to get seats together. Once was with three people and the other with four. Going down we always checked in the day before the flight and we all sat together.

animalkingdomguy
03-21-2007, 12:13 PM
We have flown AirTran a couple of times and had no problem either trip. As far as getting seats together that is a hit and miss proposition. We fly with children, when flight attendants ask other travelers if they would move to accomodate getting children and parents together we have gotten 100% compliance. It guess people feel guilty, uneasy or greatful not to be seated next to a strange kid who might freakout and cry for mom and dad. I have never had to ask for a switch to get two adults toegther. Good Luck.