PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight: Fantasyland

darthmacho
03-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Answer the following questions about Fantasyland:

1. What is your favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why?
2. What is your least favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why?
3. What do you think of the other rides and attractions in Fantasyland?
4. What do you think of the dining and shopping in Fanasyland?
5.What things about the theming in Fantasyland work for you?
6. What things about the theming in Fantasyland don't work for you?

Thanks for playing!

King Triton
03-20-2007, 12:13 PM
1. Mickey's Philharmagic (unless I can count Ariel :) ) Philharmagic was a great addition to Fantasyland...it was due for something new.

2. Least -- probably Peter Pan's Flight -- not because I don't like it, but it is far too short and it doesn't justify the long lines.

3. It was nice to see a rehab for IASW...Snow White's Adventures and Pooh are good...but not worth a long wait...rides are OK, but not much different than typical amusement park.

4. Dining...usually skip it and go to Columbia Harbor House, which is right on the border of Fantasyland and Liberty Sq.

5. The part of theming I like is the old-time amusement park atmosphere...almost renaissance fair like...draped banners, etc.

6. I don't see what's "fantasy" like about it. Maybe its getting a little old...

PirateLover
03-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Mickey's Phillharmagic! Great show. Very interactive, entertaining, and crystal clear picture!

I would say Mad Tea Party simply because it is really uncomfortable to squeeze multiple adults in there, and no one I ride with wants to spin as fast as me!

I love everything in Fantasyland, even Dumbo. There is just something so innocent and carefree about this area

I like Pinocchio Village Haus but other than that there is not much here to interest me in this area with shopping

I do like the whole Big Top theme and the music loop. I can't help but smile when I hear "You Can Fly"

I guess it could be more "fantasy" like in a sense. Also when the lines are long you are mostly outdoors and the wait can get tedious.

TikiGoddess
03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Ooh, this is a tough one. I'll have to go with Mickey's Philharmagic. Best 3D show in the entire World!

Snow White. Just not a big fan.

Love the area, love the carousel, Dumbo, Pooh, Small World, and Peter Pan!

The Pooh shop is a favorite of mine.

I love the fact that the entrance to Fantasyland is the Castle. The Medieval Faire theme is okay. I can't imagine what else they could instead of it...
The outdoor (and boring) queues.

TikiG

Bobby T
03-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Peter Pan. The biggest complaint is the wait. But be smart and get your FastPass, and you will be soaring over London in no time.
2. What is your least favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why? Dumbo. Long lines...hot sun..carnival ride...no thanks.
3. What do you think of the other rides and attractions in Fantasyland? Philharmagic is clever as is Pooh. IASM and Snow White are classics. Cinderella's Carousel is nice to watch, but not my cup of tea.
4. What do you think of the dining and shopping in Fanasyland? I'm not a buyer in that land, but the theming in the shops is well done. As for the dining, I'm going to focus on the Village Haus. One of my childhood/adulthood traditions was to enjoy a hamburger overlooking IASM. Sadly, "Gepettos" has now concentrated on Italian "Specialties".
5.What things about the theming in Fantasyland work for you? The emphasis on the characters.
6. What things about the theming in Fantasyland don't work for you? The inevitable stroller jam.

Thanks for playing!

smartinez1
03-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Great Post, thanks! I think we should do this for every land and park!!

1. My favorite attraction is Peter Pan's flight. I always loved this one ever since I was little. Most of the times we have gone have been off season so there was very little wait. I do think they need to refurb this ride though, it seems a little dingy to me.

2. My least favoirte attraction is Dumbo. Sorry, it just is a ride you can do anywhere, there isn't really anything extra special about it to me.

3. I love all of Fantasy land

4. I don't usually shop or dine in Fantasy land. I don't think Fantasy land has much sit down places to eat, and in the summer, it is important for us to get out of the heat.

5. I really like the theming of FL

6. The boring que's and standing out in the hot sun.

SBETigg
03-21-2007, 09:34 AM

Peter Pan's Flight, because I love flying over London and Peter Pan has always been a favorite.

Snow White's Scary Adventures- is that still open? It's so second rate, to me. It feels like a slightly above average carnival ride. Where's the Disney magic?

I have to admit that Fantasyland is my least favorite land (not counting Mickey's Toontown which doesn't even count for me as a land). I could take or leave most of the Fantasyland attractions, and I think even PhilHarmagic is way over-rated.

4. What do you think of the dining and shopping in Fanasyland?I love exploring the shops, but don't buy anything. I never dine in Fantasyland.

5.What things about the theming in Fantasyland work for you?Cinderella Castle opening right to the Carousel add an element of fun and fantasy, and I love the rooftops and look of the buildings with the "medieval faire" feel. Visually, it all works and charms me.

6. What things about the theming in Fantasyland don't work for you? All those pesky little children running around. (just kidding!). I miss 20,000 Leagues very much every time I walk through Fantasyland. That ride added considerable magic to the land for me, and I still feel the loss.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-21-2007, 10:48 AM

Peter Pan...I love the movie and I love the ride. I wish it was longer. I love flying over London and seeing Peter and Capt Hook playing their games.

Mad Tea Party...It just makes me sick. If I can go on with someone who does not spin them too much I am a little better. :sick:

They are all great. Pooh is adorable, I love Dumbo just for the fact that it is Dumbo you are in. Ariel's grotto is my favorite character meet and greet.

We never dine in Fantasyland...We always hit that part of the part later in the afternoon. Tinkerbelle's Treasure's is my daughter and my favorite store in the MK. :cloud9:

Everything!! Love the sites, sounds and atmosphere.

Like alot of others have said..Outside, boring queues. The masses of strollers everywhere..even though we add to it. ;)

TheRustyScupper
03-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Peter Pan - because it reminds me of when I could fly, before I grew up.

Dumbo - only because the lines can get so long.

I think they are well geared toward the targeted audience.

4. What do you think of the dining and shopping in Fantasyland?
I think there could be better dining. By the time people get to Fantasyland, they get hungry.

Belle619
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
1. What is your favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why? Its a small world and actually the carousel (great for taking in all the magic!)
2. What is your least favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why? Mad Tea Party - I get motion sickness too easily!
3. What do you think of the other rides and attractions in Fantasyland? I wish they had Pinnochio's ride like at DL, but other than that, I love them all.
4. What do you think of the dining and shopping in Fanasyland? There's dining in Fantasyland?!?!?! Guess I'm too busy shopping!
5.What things about the theming in Fantasyland work for you? The bright colors and light hearted feel. I also love walking through the castle.
6. What things about the theming in Fantasyland don't work for you? I enjoy the old fashioned european-esquelook of DL's fantasyland more so - don't care for the faire feel.

Jared
03-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I love these threads!

1. My favorite Fantasyland attraction was always Peter Pan's Flight. Then someone brilliantly conceived Mickey's PhilharMagic, and the show quickly became my second-favorite Magic Kingdom attraction after Splash Mountain. Between the great 3D effects, amazing soundtrack and unbelievable presentation, Mickey's PhilharMagic is an instant classic.

2. Ariel's Grotto is barely an attraction, but this glorified photo opportunity is my least favorite in Fantasyland. I know some people are willing to wait for a long time to meet a scantily-clad mermaid. I am not one of those people.

3. We start our day at the Magic Kingdom by walking straight through Cinderella Castle to Fantasyland, even though the youngest in our group is now 10. Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's PhilharMagic and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh are three of my favorite attractions in the park. The lines become long quickly in Fantasyland, so we experience everything there before 10 a.m.

4. We don't dine or shop in Fantasyland. When I was younger, we occassionaly ate lunch at The Pinocchio Village Haus, but stopped when we learned the merits of Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

5. The background music and costumes are delightful in Fantasyland, but they are even better in Disneyland's version of the land.

6. Fantasyland always feels congested. Because the area is relatively small and filled with young children strollers, just walking around is difficult in the afternoon.

Keep these threads coming!

BritCody
03-21-2007, 01:04 PM
1. My favorite Fantasyland Attraction is Philharmagic. It is by far the best 3-D show that the theme parks have to offer.

2. My least favorite Fantasyland Attraction is It is a Small World. I am a tall guy with long legs and my knees are pressed right up against the back of the seat in front of me. It makes for an uncomfortable ride.

3. I pretty much like all of the other Fantasyland Rides.

4. As for shopping in Fantasyland. The shops are nice but, I do most of my shopping on Main Street . As for Dinning I agree with a few of the other posts. We used to go to the Village Haas, but getting a table is always an issue. It is easier to go to the Colombia Harbor House.

5. I love the theming of Fantasyland, how it is centered around the characters. It always make me think of my childhood years.

6. The thing that doesn't work for me with the Fantasyland theming is the Old Skyway to Tomorrowland. It is just sitting there, it looks so empty. I don't know if space permits, but It would be a nice spot for a new ride!!!

darthmacho
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Great answers!

This is what I'm getting from the answers so far...

1. Mickey's Philharmagic is taking over the top spot from Peter Pan as most favored attraction, but the latter is still popular.
2. The dining is limited, and the shopping is easily overlooked, unless you know what to look for.
3. No one ride is really unpopular, but each ride has something to gripe about, depending on your grievence.
4. A lot of people agree on the small space, hot outdoor queues, and stroller congestion.
5. Theming is fair, but suitable for most.
6. Fantasyland, while geared towards little kids, can be very enjoyable for adults too!

Keep the opinions coming! :mickey:

IDreamofEeyore
03-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Definitely Philharmagic...love it...love it....LOVE IT!!!

It's a Small World...aaaagggghhh!

We enjoy all of the other rides...well, except for the teacups. :ack:

We don't normally do either of these in FL.

We enjoy all of the theming!

Feels tight and I agree with the others about the boring lines.

indytraveler
03-21-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks for playing!

1.) favorite - Peter Pan, b/c of the music and it brings back may memories of being a child and riding with Grandparents

2.) least - Cinderella's Carousel ride at any zoo. (I know, I know)

3.) overall its a great place to ride the rides with your kids. however, coming from Haunted Mansion makes it a log jam with all people for IASW and PP.

4.) Don't do any dining or shopping in Fantasyland

5.) Good Theming - most works for me. The bavarian look around Peter Pan and IASW.

6.) Bad Theming - not sure there is any really except meet and greet area where 20,000 was.

mttafire
03-21-2007, 11:00 PM

Peter Pan. The biggest complaint is the wait. But be smart and get your FastPass, and you will be soaring over London in no time.
2. What is your least favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why? Dumbo. Long lines...hot sun..carnival ride...no thanks.
3. What do you think of the other rides and attractions in Fantasyland? Philharmagic is clever as is Pooh. IASM and Snow White are classics. Cinderella's Carousel is nice to watch, but not my cup of tea.
4. What do you think of the dining and shopping in Fanasyland? I'm not a buyer in that land, but the theming in the shops is well done. As for the dining, I'm going to focus on the Village Haus. One of my childhood/adulthood traditions was to enjoy a hamburger overlooking IASM. Sadly, "Gepettos" has now concentrated on Italian "Specialties".
5.What things about the theming in Fantasyland work for you? The emphasis on the characters.
6. What things about the theming in Fantasyland don't work for you? The inevitable stroller jam.

Thanks for playing!
that sums it up for me!!! :mickey:

Crow
03-21-2007, 11:38 PM

Philharmagic cause its good
Dumbo cause i dont do it
they are too crowded. i pass thru here pretty quick usually.
I dont
well its a Fantasy
the queus.
and seeing the old Skyway station

Thanks for playing!
You are welcome:mickey2:

AliceinDisney
03-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Fave Attraction: Alice's Tea Cups
Least Favourite: Dumbo (its for little kids but its still super cute)
What do I think of other attractions: I wish there were more like in Disneyland, I miss 20,000 Leagues, and I miss Mr Toad. But I like Snow White and Peter and Pooh.
What do I think of Dining and Shopping in Fantasyland? I used to love Tinkerbelle Toy Shoppe till it got overtaken by princess junk. Back in the day they had beautiful collectors dolls and porcelain figures. I miss Pinocchio's Village Haus' hamburgs and fries mmmm.
What Themeing works for me? Well, I love the theme in general. The bavarian buildings the cute character encounters. The little shoppes and the old Skyway :( sadly missed.
What Theming doesnt work? The fact that Fantasyland is very congested. Theres not a lot of room for more attractions in that area because the enclosed it so much.

rsumrall
03-22-2007, 10:46 AM

PhilharMagic is just so superior to any other 3D attraction anywhere! A close second would be Pan and Pooh.

Both Snow White and Ariel's Grotto hold little appeal for me. Snow White's scary adventure seems incredibly outdated. Ariel's lines are eternally long!

I think the nostalgia of the rides is the big draw in Fantasyland. Honestly, the rides in every other land with maybe the exception of Adventureland, are superior to FL. Still, I always ride every ride.:blush:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cinderella's Royal Table. I'm not sure if this is technically considered part of FL or not, but the view overlooking FL is fabulous. Despite its many flaws (unobtainable ADRs, overpriced menu, and mediocre cuisine), CRT is still a must experience. That aside, opt for Cosmic Rays or the Columbia Harbor House for CS meals.

5.What things about the theming in Fantasyland work for you? The attention to detail is wonderful. They **** you into a pretend world that reminds us all of a simpler time. I love the theming.

6. What things about the theming in Fantasyland don't work for you? I'm wishing that a more substantial ride would occupy the old 20,000 Leagues site. The big burm and Poohs 100 acre woods aren't doing it for me.

CraniumCommando
03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
1. What is your favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why? Peter Pan. I love the simple difference from that type of ride (Snow White, Pooh) that gives the illusion of flight.
2. What is your least favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and why? Tea Cups. I don't like spinning rides
3. What do you think of the other rides and attractions in Fantasyland? Philharmagic is great. The other rides are a little dated and mostly geared toward children.
4. What do you think of the dining and shopping in Fantasyland? Don't do much of either in Fantasyland. Pinocchio's is OK.
5.What things about the theming in Fantasyland work for you? Nothing really jumps out to me as noticeable.
6. What things about the theming in Fantasyland don't work for you? The old ride designs, boring queues, in the hot sun, too congested.

CarolinaWDWFan
03-22-2007, 04:30 PM

Thanks for playing!

Here are my answers:
1. Mickey's Philharmagic - makes me laugh everytime Donald shoots into the wall!
2. Carousel - it is a common ride found anywhere and does not get me in the Disney spirit.
3. I love the rest of the rides...we ride all of them and skip nothing except carousel.
4. Don't really do a lot of either.
5. Themeing is ok. I think the castle and the ride themeing makes it really feel like fantasyland.
6. It all works...no complaints.

Disney Doll
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Peter Pan's Flight. Love the movie, classic ride
Dumbo- lines are always so long plus it seems kind of dull.
Some of my favorites are here. Philharmagic and Small World are must sees on every trip.
Don't usually dine or shop here. We get in a few rides and get on.
I like the theming in the buildings and music.
The crowds, screaming kids, and stroller jams take away from the "fantasy". I can't be in FL very long before I need some breathing room.

pook@wdw
03-22-2007, 06:25 PM
1. Fave Attracton: Toss up between Philarmagic and Peter Pans Flight.
2. Least Fave Attraction: Snow White. Definitely needs an update or replacement.(there are so many new Disney characters to fashion a ride after)
3. Other Rides: Most still good.
4. Dining/Shopping: Love CRT. Don't do much shopping here now that DD is a teen. (bought EVERTHING when she was little)
5. Theme: Love the fantasy/fair flavor that surrounds the whole area.
6. Theme Problems: long waits for such short rides w/no "scenery". Should Fastpass be considered more in this area? :mickey: