PDA

View Full Version : Do We Use the Extra Magic Hours?

princessamygrant
03-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm sooo happy to have found Intercot! I've been reading posts for the past several weeks and have learned A LOT! I have a 6 y.o. dd and 7 month old foster son and we are making the trek to DW 5/23-5/30. I'm SUPER excited as I haven't been there since high school (that was like 13 years ago).

I am wondering about taking advantage of EMH. I read somewhere that the parks that has EMH is more crowded on those days. Anyone know if that is true or not? We were planning on going to MK on 5/24 & 5/25 and those days are both EMH so now I don't know if I should change my itinerary or not. Please help me decide!

Thanks!

King Triton
03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Overall, it is true that the EMH park is busier. But not always...

I haven't looked at the schedule specifically for your dates, but EMH at MK is *generally* AM on Thursday and PM on Friday. Thursday is usually a very busy day for MK...if you can get there to take advantage of EMH, great...if not, you might want to skip it or come back in late afternoon. The impact isn't quite as great for PM EMH, but it will be more crowded than usual for the evening hours.

Your dates are also the beginning of Memorial Day weekend, and thats going to jack up the crowd levels as well.

Strmchsr
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
:welcome: to intercot!!!

Yes, it's true, but not necessarily all day. For EMH evenings it's often good to go to the park in the morning then switch in the afternoons to a different park. For EMH mornings, you can come to the park late in the afternoon and crowds have died down some. The key, if you don't want to do the EMH, is to not be in that park close to the EMH time.