PDA

View Full Version : Do We Use the Extra Magic Hours?

princessamygrant
03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm sooo happy to have found Intercot! I've been reading posts for the past several weeks and have learned A LOT! I have a 6 y.o. dd and 7 month old foster son and we are making the trek to DW 5/23-5/30. I'm SUPER excited as I haven't been there since high school (that was like 13 years ago).

I am wondering about taking advantage of EMH. I read somewhere that the parks that has EMH is more crowded on those days. Anyone know if that is true or not?

Thanks!

JPL
03-20-2007, 01:56 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Morning EMH are a great time to get in a few big attractions before the regular crowds start rolling in. However the parks do tend to get a bit more crowded at around 11 AM. The best suggestion for these days is to take advantage of the EMH then hop to another park as the crowds start to increase :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
03-20-2007, 07:39 PM
If you can get to the morning EMH right at opening, you'll have a great time. Morning EMH is awesome. In fact, the first 2-3 hours in a park are the best time to be there, crowdwise. (sorry, I can't understand people who go to WDW and arrive at the parks around noon... you've just missed the best time in the parks!)

Evening EMH is a different story. I've found them to be crowded and not really worth it unless you stay until the last hour or so. I went to an evening EMH in the MK last summer and the park was open until 2am. The crowds only started to thin after 12:30am, and by then I was beat! You have two small children so I would stick to the morning EMHs and park hop around lunchtime (or go back to the hotel for a nap) if the crowds get to be too much to bear.

Have fun!
TikiG

battle beast
03-20-2007, 11:03 PM
During my EMH, the MK was open untill 11:00, abd the park started thinning around 9:30, so there was enough space to do some of the good rides (not thety aren't all good!)

MissT
03-20-2007, 11:54 PM
We always take advantage of EMH and plan our stay around what will maximize our time at the parks. If you start out early getting there for opening at one park, hop to the EMH evening hours park after eating dinner or having down time at the resort. 2 years ago, we only had 1 park day to spend, made it to all 4 parks in one day ending with EMH at MK until 2AM. It was awsome! Our DD's were teenagers and fared better than DH who ended up ruling out Disney for any future vacations but we were able to sway him back last year and working on him for this April, he just doesn't know it yet. :secret:

TinksPixieDust
03-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I agree. If you can get up early and be at the park when the EMH start then its an awesome time to get some of the more popular rides done. Also kind of plan out where you wanna go because if you at MK and you want to go Buzz and then Splash but then want to do the Race cars... then you;ll be wasting more time walking back and forth. EMH evenings I found have been really crowded and then thin out as you get to the weeee hours of the morning. Its fun for a little while and its fun to people watch but I woudl not bank on being able to get on a lot of stuff even though you do have 3 extra hours. It probably also depends on the time of year you go to... because I usually go in the summer and everyone is out of school soo more people are enjoying WDW. :)

have a magical time though!!:mickey:

KAJUNKING
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
We always take advantage of EMH and plan our stay around what will maximize our time at the parks. If you start out early getting there for opening at one park, hop to the EMH evening hours park after eating dinner or having down time at the resort.

:ditto:

pook@wdw
03-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!:party:
As a rule of thumb, we usually avoid parks w/EMH. Crowds seem to be bigger. We find that if you get to the park early enough, you don't need EMHs.:mickey:

jaredkari
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
I agree with some other post on here. The morning EMH is worth going to. It is less crowded and cooler in the morning. The night EMH is completely worthless. In our experience the lines are longer and everything is more crowded than during the day. I think everyone who was at the other parks all go to the EMH park at the end of the day. AVOID NIGHT EMH AT ALL COST!!!!

Here we go again...
03-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Are you going to have park hoppers? If so, plan to go to the park with the morning EMH. If the park gets too busy then hop to another park.

I like the night time EMH. Yes, they can get crowded, but nothing like the day time in the park. And, it is not as hot at night.