PDA

View Full Version : Mouse ears

DNS
03-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Where can I get mouse ears embroidered?
Is there any special kind of mouse ears to get for embroidery?
How much does it cost per letter?
Do they come in adult and child?

Thanks for your help!

disneykaitie26
03-20-2007, 12:20 PM
1. Mousears can be embroidered at the Chapeau on Main Street.
2.You can embroider any kind of mousears. They have many different ones, different colors, patterns, and so on.
3. I believe it's around $3 for a name.
4. Yes, they all come in youth and adult sizes.

mmouse566
03-20-2007, 05:49 PM
They also provide embroidery at MGM but it takes a day. I have heard from CMs that the quality is better then MK but at MK you hand them the ears, they do it and your off. They do come in adult and children sizes. Usually the children's have straps though the last pair I bought had a strap as an adult sized ear. The cost has been $2.00. The last time I got a pair done was this fall so it is possible the price has increased.

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 07:32 PM
We had DD done in MGM and it only took an hour. The choices in type of print and color of print are way better

DNS
03-21-2007, 05:34 AM
Which shop at MGM?

Tink#64
03-24-2007, 12:30 AM
During our first trip to WDW both DS's got the classic black ears at the Chapeau on Main Street. Their names were put on the hats with an embroidery machine. It took probably less than 5 minutes & we were out of there - no extra cost for the names! I don't know if this is still the case?:mickey:

Christine
03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Which shop at MGM?

The Celebrity Five and Ten (row of shops on the right when you enter MGM).

Ray C.
03-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Mouse Ear hats can also be purchased and embroidered at the Days of Christmas shop in Downtown Disney. There is a small room towards the back of the store that, in addition to the hats, has many other items that can be personalized for a fee.

DNS
03-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Thank you all so much!

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Just to let you know, the Chapeau has a policy that they only put proper names on the ears. They charge $2. I loved watching the lady embroider the hats right there... she was so fast!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-07-2007, 08:49 PM
When did they start charging for names?? :confused: The last time we got ears at MK was 2005 and we were not charged to add a name. That kinda stinks but, I guess it was only a matter of time.
Just curious.

Piglet822
04-08-2007, 01:18 PM
When did they start charging for names?? :confused: The last time we got ears at MK was 2005 and we were not charged to add a name. That kinda stinks but, I guess it was only a matter of time.
Just curious.

I believe Disney started charging for this service several months back, possibly as close to a year ago. I've got a friend who's a CM in Frontierland and he told me it was due to the high cost of maintaining the machines used to do the stitchery. The machines are getting older and becoming more costly to maintain and repair.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I believe Disney started charging for this service several months back, possibly as close to a year ago. I've got a friend who's a CM in Frontierland and he told me it was due to the high cost of maintaining the machines used to do the stitchery. The machines are getting older and becoming more costly to maintain and repair.

Thanks for the info. We usually buy ears for the new additions to the family (nieces, nephews, etc) and we need to get two pair this September. I will have to keep that in mind.