PDA

View Full Version : WDW in September

Goofy Pluto
03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
So here's the story...

Before my wife and I even thought about going to WDW this year, we planned a trip to North Carolina with family last fall. Half the house is already paid for and we cannot cancel it. Nor do I want to cancel on my family. So here's the thing:

So we've been thinking about this WDW trip for a while and thinking about when would be best to go. Originally we were thinking May, but that's really too soon for us as we need more time to save money. Then we've been thinking October for a while. But yesterday I figured out that it would be cheaper to go in September or even in December. We'll be half way to Florida in NC. So here's what all of this comes down to:

Has anyone gone in different times in September? We are thinking of two options: Go from North Carolina directly to WDW (since we'll already be half-way there) or later in the month to spread it out a little. That's either Labor Day weekend and the following week or maybe 2 or 3 weeks later. (Sunday to Saturday)

Does anyone know anything about crowd levels that time of year? What would be the better time to go to avoid crowds? Early, mid, or late September? Weather? What's it like over Labor Day weekend? (That's when it would be if we went directly from NC.) Good time or bad time to go?

Any help/advice/thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Jeri Lynn
03-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Hello,
I have been to WDW many times during September. I've been the second week, third, week, last week and first week of October.

The crowds are minimal this time of year, although when the Food & Wine Festival begins I have found Epcot to be a little more crowded, especially in the evening.

The weather is still very hot and humid. This is hurricane season so it can rain...I have only had one September trip where it poured every afternoon. I have been to WDW during Hurricane Floyd and Hurricane Jeanne, although the parks closed for a day the storm did not affect us otherwise and there really wasn't that much rain during the week.

Last year I went at the end of September/beginning of October and we attended the Halloween Party, something I would highly recommend, and I believe they start that in the middle of September.

I have also been to WDW in November and December. I loved the first week of November, the crowds were minimal and the weather was just perfect. The beginning of December is nice also, however the weather can be hot or cold...I was there one year where I froze, and I am from New England so cold weather isn't a big issue for me, and then the other times the weather was perfect.

This year I am going 11/25 - 12/2 and am looking forward to this time frame.

Good Luck on your decision!!

JPL
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
The further away you are from Labor Weekend the better. The crowds start a sharp decline after Labor Day. If you could wait a week after it you should have extremely light crowds. And starting on September 12th you can enjoy MNSSHP on selcet nights to add to your enjoyment.:thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
September (after Labor day) is one of our favorite times of year to go. The crowds are very light, and the weather is still warm enough to go to the water parks and enjoy.

MissT
03-21-2007, 01:17 AM
September is a great time to go. We were there with almost no crowds, walking on rides with no lines. Hurricane Rita was in the Gulf that day, sure that was a factor. Another trip in Sept. though crowds were minimal and weather was hot like we like it.
I would plan it rather on the events that you would prefer to attend.
Good luck with your plans and happy travels.

MissT
03-21-2007, 01:19 AM
forgot to mention, look for deals on dining. Last couple of years they offered free dining plan in September. :thumbsup:

CarolinaWDWFan
03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
September to mid-October is a great time to go. Depending where you will be in North Carolina(I am assuming the coast), it will be about a 10 to 10.5 hour trip for you, easily knocked out going down I-95. I agree that Epcot picks up during the Food & Wine Fesitval, but for the most part, the crowds are light.

I hope you make it down there!:thumbsup: