PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back "Disney" Magazine!!!!!!!

Marker
03-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I really miss that magazine.

JPL
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I really miss it too. It was great treat and even though most of the articles became watered down press information. It was a great way to keep on what was new and exciting not only at the parks but with movies, TV and books. It was a really nice overview of the company.

Jenemmy
03-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Funny you mention it....my son was looking at an old copy just yesterday (I guess it had gotten mixed in with his books in his room) and I literally circled him until he gave up and let Mom here have the magazine ---LOLOL. I DO miss it!!

Strmchsr
03-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I think it could be really successful as a "behind-the-scenes" sort of magazine. As a Disney news magazine it's useless since Intercot would have anything posted weeks before the magazine came out. :thumbsup: But, as a special interest / this is how we create the magic sort of thing i think tons of people would be interested.

2Epcot
03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
I also really enjoyed the Disney Magazine. I remember seeing the first one when I was in grade school. I think someone had brought it in with a bunch of other magazines. I believe after that, I kept asking my parents if we could go to Disney World. For a while I used to order two of them, so I could keep one in good condition. A few times I had to call Disney and tell them it is not a mistake that I'm getting two magazies, they just kept extending my subscription instead. I still have a couple of boxes of them. I'm not a fan of online type magazines. I prefer to read things printed on paper, and of course enjoy the pictures ... but I do like Intercot. :mickey:

Jenemmy
03-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I think it could be really successful as a "behind-the-scenes" sort of magazine. As a Disney news magazine it's useless since Intercot would have anything posted weeks before the magazine came out. :thumbsup: But, as a special interest / this is how we create the magic sort of thing i think tons of people would be interested.

Great idea! Plus, we probably have the talent pool right here on the board to start it and staff it -- and provide a lot of subscriptions! lol. My background is journalism, what the heck! :mickey:

Disneyluvr2
03-20-2007, 10:31 PM
I really miss my Disney magazine too. I used to sit down and read it cover to cover when it came. I was actually in two of the issues in the section where you could send pictures in! That was really fun to see myself in my favorite magazine! Sign me up Jenemmy when you get your magazine going!:thumbsup:

vizsla
03-21-2007, 04:59 AM
I really miss the Disney Magazine also. Although the information in the magazine was what I would consider old news, since the information provided was already released, it was still a nice magazine to read.

jefmblrd
03-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I miss the Disney magazine as well; it was fun to read and helped give you that Disney fix between visits.

castlelady36
03-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I enjoyed it as well and wish they would bring it back. Since I can't be in DW all the time it was a nice to get a fix on a regular basis.

pook@wdw
03-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I agree! I still have the old issues and still read them. :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
03-23-2007, 09:12 PM
ME TOO !! I have them in magazine folders, labeled by year - right next to Cake Decorators, Paint Works, Doll Magazines, etc. -two shelves the length of our garage. Wonder what they would be worth on E-Bay?:thumbsup:

jedigrrrl
03-24-2007, 12:23 AM
I really miss that magazine.

MEEE TOOOO!!! Family Fun is sooo borrrriiing!!!

Amaya-chan
03-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I agree!! I miss Disney Magazine so much. We got a subscription /right/ before they cancelled the magazine, which was really upsetting. I would have liked to see more.

LudwigVonDrake
03-24-2007, 11:07 AM
I really enjoyed that magazine...

DizneyFreak2002
03-24-2007, 03:31 PM
I subscribed to the Disney Magazine. When I received the notice the magazine was being cancelled, I was bummed... But, like everything else, I got over it... Yes, I miss it... And if they decide to bring it back, I would subscribe once again... But for now, we have Intercot, not to mention the 100's of other Disney sites out there...