PDA

View Full Version : Safari in morning or UG's after lunch advice?

cleblanc
03-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I subscribed to UG and he does not have us going to the safari until after lunch. Would you follow his touring plan or go to the safari first?

mouseketeer mom
03-20-2007, 11:27 AM
We always find the animals to be much more active in the morning. We did the sunrise safari last month and could not believe how incredibly active and different the safari was at the early hour. It was terrific. The animals always seem lazier and sleepier later in the day., many of them are more difficult to see in the afternoon.

JPL
03-20-2007, 11:47 AM
The addition of Everest have changed most touring plans to make Everest the first ride of the day. I would however suggest going over to EE getting a FP and then heading right over the Safari. The animals are usally very active the guides are fresh and a little more enrgetic on their earlier runs. Even the Animals on the Pangani Trail seems to be more active early in the day.

bradk
03-20-2007, 12:00 PM
as a zoo/animal enthusaist, i can't really disagree with the above responses. you will always see something on the safari, so it's not like you'd go o it in the middle of the day and wonder where the animals went, but depending on the time of year you go, it can be hotter in orlando than it is in africa and the animals aren't that crazy about running around in that heat any more than you would be. big cats sleep upwards of 18 hours a day, so the hotter it is, the less likely you will be to spot an active lion or even an active tiger on the marahajah trek.

if it's cool out, it's better. or just after a big rain. in fact, if it's really cold out one day, the opposite may be true. afternoon might be the best time.

cleblanc
03-20-2007, 12:27 PM
bump

Lehman Family
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I agree that the morning is the best time to go. The last time we went during the early morning EMH and saw more animals than we would normally see if we went an hour or 2 later in the day. They were also more active which makes it a bit more interesting.