PDA

View Full Version : DDP and tipping?? Are gratuities included?

Tinkerbellove
03-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Just a quick question.... are gratuities included on the DDP?? Sorry if this questions has been asked before...:confused: Thanks though!!! :mickey: :thumbsup:

faline
03-20-2007, 10:56 AM
They were included when we did the plan a couple of years ago.

As alcoholic drinks are not included in the plan, you should plan on tipping for any drinks you might have - or anything else not covered by the plan.

Some folks added an additional little bit if service was excllent.

AuntDJ
03-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Tipping is included in the plan...however, we had an excellent "cousin" at the Prime Time Cafe so we tipped some extra...

dj

Marker
03-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Tips are included.

However, concerning drinks, I noticed last week that at the end of a meal when we received the bill for the drinks, an 18% tip was already included in the total. So unless you wish to tip above and beyond the default 18%, be aware that the total already reflects the tip.

Natazu
03-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Tips are included.

However, concerning drinks, I noticed last week that at the end of a meal when we received the bill for the drinks, an 18% tip was already included in the total. So unless you wish to tip above and beyond the default 18%, be aware that the total already reflects the tip.
While this happens from time to time, it is not supposed to. Unless you are a large group, the server shouldn't add a tip for themself on a cash ticket. It is a good idea to keep an eye out for it, though.

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 06:20 AM
While the tip is included on the DDP, we always tip above the included tip if we get excellent service. If no one did this, then the servers would have no reason to give good service as they would get their tips regardless. So, when we do get excellent service, we give extra and we make sure to let the manager know how much we enjoyed the service.:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
. . . While the tip is included on the DDP, we always tip above the included tip if we get excellent service. If no one did this, then the servers would have no reason to give good service as they would get their tips regardless . . .

1) So, unless servers get 20%-25% tip, they don't serve well?
2) How much you tip when you pay cash at home.
3) It is certainly nice to have 25% tippers.

ldn324
03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Tips are included.

This happened to us as well on four separate meals where we had "add-ons". We realized it after we had paid extra for the first one, then knew from then on to look at the bill first.

There are a couple of meals that we had I wish we could have actually deducted the tip the service was so poor! I'm hoping that's not the norm.

vamaggie
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know how much the included tip is on DDP? Both DH and I have worked in food services:beer: and always try to tip well for good service. If the tip is only 12%-15% we will probably want to add some as we know what it is like to depend on tips. Thanks!

angedeaile
03-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Wow...I really think this "forcing" of tips is silly. If they are already adding on a tip, that really hinders folks from tipping more. I am usually a pretty good tipper.

If I didn't like it one bit, 10 percent. If I think service is okay, I do 15 percent. If I have a good meal and leave happy, I do 20 percent. If I had an amazing time and leave raving about the experience, I do 25 percent.

However, that is one thing I don't like about the DDP. If I like my service, I want them to know. With DDP already having the tip in there, I wouldn't bother paying what I normally would.

This is why I don't think it is fair for servers. They could be getting a good tip from me instead : )

I can see why folks on Intercot say they get bad service on the DDP. Servers don't bother trying, because they get a tip either way...and if they do great...odds are they don't get a better tip. Save the effort for the "paying" customers.

Mnchknbrat1982
03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
tip included with the ddp is 18%