PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

PrincessJadesMom
03-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Can anyone tell me about Fantasmic? Nobody that I know has seen it. What is it like? Is it hard to get a good spot to see it? Do you stand up to watch it or is it in a place where you sit down? My DD is 6 years old, would she enjoy it? Thanks for any info you can give me.:mickey:

mtown71
03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!! If you have the chance to see it, please go & see it! My sis (disneydrmr) & I got to see it when we took our trip & loved it! You sit down during it & I really can't tell you about a good spot for we got there late & just sat wherever we could find room. It has plenty of action & the water effects are well worth it. You will see so many characters. It centers around Mickey. I think there is a description of it here on Intercot. Check the MGM part & look for Fantasmic. I know that I will def. go see it again whenever I can make it back to WDW!

SBETigg
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
It is a show in an actual theater with bench seating, so it isn't like the parades or Illuminations. You line up an hour(more or less depending on crowds) at the gate and wait for them to start admitting guests or, you can do a Fantasmic dinner package which includes a special entrance and special seating. The restaurants that do the package are Hollywood Brown Derby (two DP credits), Mama Melrose, or Hollywood and Vine(both one credit on the Dining Plan).

Without giving it away, the show involves some floats, some fire effects, fireworks, water effects, and characters including some villains-- so if you have little ones, you may want to consider the potential scare factor. The best seats are considered to be in the center aisles, not the dinner package seating which is off to the side. But there isn't a bad seat in the house. Sitting too far front, on breezy days, can lead to getting wet. It's really an incredible show and I wouldn't miss it.

magicman
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
It is every bit as good as Illuminations & Wishes, albeit totally different. You are in stadium seating & there is a mixture of holograms, lasers, fireworks, & special effects that are extremely good; however, the great part of it is that there is a live action story going on with Mickey as the hero.

If you're going in off-season, you should arrive at Fantasmic ~30 minutes early. During peak-season, you should arrive around one hour early (& once you get your seats send someone to the concession stand for snacks).

Ya' gotta do it. It's greatness.

MOJoe
03-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Fantasmic is the most unusual show in WDW. It has the elements of a fireworks show, a parade, a live action show, and a movie projected on a wall of water. There is nothing else like it. You may love it, or you may not, but you must see it at least once. It is held in a large outdoor theater with bench seating for 10,000. The best viewing area is in the middle, but there isn't really a bad seat. If there are two shows the day you are there, try the second show, as it will be less crowded.

TinkRocks
03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Fantasmic is shown in both MGM Studios and Disneyland.

This comment, and the above comments also, refer to the WDW version.

Depending on crowds, be prepared to wait for this show.

The theater does have a significant seating capacity, but you may want to go early. There are several sections of seats, with each section being represented by a different character. Mickey represents the center section, so try and be seated there.

Inside the theater area, there are food and merchandise stands.

I've seen a lot of people who have waited in the Fantasmic theater while their kids / rest of family have gone to ride Tower of Terror or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which are both right by the entrance to the Fantasmic theater.

It is a definite must see! It's a ½ hour show.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Fantasmic is a must do for our family every trip. We have been lucky enough to get the lower Mickey section (center) each time. Awesome seats...not that any of them are really bad.

My kids love it. Even the three year old who is not too thrilled with scary things.

We did the dinner package the past two year and did not use the preferred seating off to the side because the CM's told us to move to the center for better seats.

Go see it..You will love it.:mickey:

DNS
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
This is my favorite show in all of WDW. The show is great and the music is fabulous. I think it's perfectly Disney. Tons of characters. I think your 6yo will love it.

kaliepooh
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
It is GREAT!!! Don' t Miss it!!!:mickey:

2Epcot
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
As much as I love Illuminations at Epcot, Fantasmic is still my favorite nightly show at WDW. I enjoy the Disneyland version better, but for viewing, the WDW venue at the Studios is much better. As others have said, it is definately a must-see. :smickey:

PrincessJadesMom
03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks everyone for telling me about the show!! We'll definately go see it!:mickey:

KAJUNKING
03-20-2007, 06:47 PM
it is a dont miss!!!!:thumbsup:

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Just one tip. Depending on the time of year you go you may want to take a jacket. We went the 1st week of May last year and the breeze was blowing in off the water and DW got so chilled she came down with a cold.
Best show in "the world"

joelkfla
03-20-2007, 08:16 PM
A couple of comments on previous replies:

No holograms, just lots of mist screen projections.

The Hollywood Hills Ampitheater is large, but it does fill up. If you are saving seats for other members of the party, they will not be readmitted if the theater is full when they return.

If there are 2 shows on a night you're there, you can generally count on getting in to the 2nd show without lining up way in advance.

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
The Show is Simply Amazing! You will not want to miss it!