PDA

View Full Version : Bringing drinks into the parks???

ldc12377
03-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Can you bring drinks into the parks? We are staying at ASMu and are getting refillable mugs. My plan is to fill them up at the room but put the drinks in disposable cups with lids for my kids (8,6, & 2) so we won't have so much to keep track of in the parks. A friend of mine told me that she doesn't think I'll be able to do that because you can only bring in bottled water or the refillable mugs. You can't bring any other drinks into the parks. Does anyone know if she is right? I don't want to get to the gates and be told we can't bring their drinks in.

Strmchsr
03-20-2007, 10:53 AM
The only things I know for certain you can't bring into the park are alcohol, glass containers, and coolers. Beyond that, I've never seen, nor heard of, restrictions, so I think you'll be fine.

mkymws
03-20-2007, 11:02 AM
We were at the parks last week, and brought bottles of water & pop with us into the park.

Not sure you would want to bring something disposable that wouldn't be a bottle. It might be tough to carry (crushing).

We even brought small containers of snacks with us, for snacking.

Good luck

tim

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-20-2007, 11:07 AM
We usually bring a few juice boxes in to the parks for our kids. Usually just three, one for each, for their first drink at the parks. I just throw them in the bag that I am carrying and have never had a problem.

I would be a little leary with my kids bringing a disposable cup just because we take the buses in and they would not want to hold them getting on/off, walking into the parks, through security, etc. Guess who would be stuck carrying them?!

HTH

Nascfan
03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Something extra to keep in mind, no straws allowed in the Animal Kingdom. Safety hazard for the animals. Beyond that, I don't foresee you having a problem with your plan.

mickey&missy
03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
We usually take a big bottle of water and a few juice boxes. I've never had a problem. You mentioned disposable cups. I used the First Year brand plastic ones you can get in the baby section of Target on our first trip and they were great! Their hard enough plastic that they don't get crushed and their not too big that the kids don't drink the whole thing. You might also think about reusable straw cups, like the playtex ones, I think I might go that route next trip. Each of the kids will have their own and there will be no arguing whose drinking whose drink,plus their insulated!

CleveRocks
03-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Can you bring drinks into the parks? We are staying at ASMu and are getting refillable mugs. My plan is to fill them up at the room but put the drinks in disposable cups with lids for my kids (8,6, & 2) so we won't have so much to keep track of in the parks. A friend of mine told me that she doesn't think I'll be able to do that because you can only bring in bottled water or the refillable mugs. You can't bring any other drinks into the parks. Does anyone know if she is right? I don't want to get to the gates and be told we can't bring their drinks in.Your friend is incorrect, and Strmchsr is 99% correct. You can bring in ANY food and drink you want except for alcohol, glass containers, and HARD-SIDED or ROLLING coolers. Soft-sided coolers are fine. The sole exception to the glass containers exclusion is baby food jars.

As others have said, your disposable cups might be tough to transport, from a practical perspective.

And Nascfan's right-on with the no straws at AK thing.