PDA

View Full Version : Celebrations - what is it?

goofysbabe
03-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Was reading a live trip report and the poster mentioned she visited Celebrations today - what is it? From what I gather maybe a housing addition - she said she was moving there????? Help please :confused:

faline
03-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Celebration is a town near Walt Disney World. It was originally designed and run by Disney. Disney has since given up ownership.

This community of mixed housing - from single family houses to condos is designed to foster community involvement. There are also shops on site and, I believe, a hotel.

Michigander
03-20-2007, 10:18 AM
:) This is the town that if you love disney and what it can do you'll want to move here. There wasn't a town there 20 years ago it was just a big piece of land and disney built it from the ground up. It's wonderful. I love to go for an icecream and just drive around the place. Like when I was a kid and my parents would take me for the sunday ride. It's a beautiful place and any true disney fan should not miss the chanceto check it out.

goofysbabe
03-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Well now I've just added another must do to my list. Boy that list just keeps growing and growing:mickey:

murphy1
03-20-2007, 02:09 PM
It really is a neat place!! I remember when it was being built when I lived there. It is very expensive and very deed restricted and many of the houses have no lawns, but it has many amenities, merchants, activities and things around it. It sure beats parts of Kissimmee I have been too, very pretty. It is also like Seaside, the community that was in the Jim Carey movie "Truman"

SteveL
03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Couple of great restaurants there too.

magicofdisney
03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
When you're riding the TTA, there is a mini community you can see in one of the tunnels. I always think of EPCOT when I see it, but is it a variation of Celebration?

ILoveLegos
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
No, it looks more like Seaside in The Truman Show than the model comunity in TTA. But the original concept of EPCOT was for it to be a real comunity with actual residents - Celebration was kind of the "realistic compromise" of planning the Community of Tomorrow and making it a reality. I often spend time in celebration on my visits to Disney World, if not just to look at the new models going up or sight seeing. It's fun - for the Disney fan, an interesting diversion that I'd recommend.

ibrowse17
03-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I grew up not far from where Seaside is, so this sounds pretty neat. Will give it a look next trip:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Isn't there also a hospital in Celebration that has been mentioned in numerour newspaper articles? A friend of mine said it's defintely worth taking a ride to check the town out.