PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Kids' Favorite Restaurants?

ElenitaB
03-20-2007, 08:37 AM
I thought that others might enjoy getting the viewpoint of our kids. DS started to reply to another thread and then I realized he had way more than five favorites. Here goes:

From the viewpoint of an 11 yr old:

Top for Breakfast
Donald's Breakfastosaurus
Crystal Palace ("they have awesome bacon there")
'Ohana

Top for Lunch
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Turkey legs stands (eliciting an "ewww" from mom)
San Angel Inn
Mama Melrose ("the pizza is awesome even though it doesn't look appetizing at first")
Chef de France

Top for Dinner
Teppanyaki
Rose & Crown
Crystal Palace (I'm seeing a pattern here)
Liberty Tree Tavern

Top at a Resort
Whispering Canyon Café
Spoodles
Olivia's

Downtown Disney
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Puck Express

Any other kids out there who want to give their opinions?

SBETigg
03-20-2007, 08:59 AM
My kids are teens. Their favorites:

Breakfast:
The DS- Sleep late and pick up cs later.
The DD- Resort CS(Kona Cafe's banana bread) and breakfast on the beach with Mom while the guys sleep in, or Crystal Palace (Piglet fan).

Lunch:
The DS and DD: San Angel Inn, Sci-Fi, or cs at Casey's.

Dinner:
The DS and DD: 'Ohana, Chefs de France, or CS at Cantina de San Angel or Casey's.

Given the choice, my kids would much rather grab a CS meal on the run than sit and have a leisurely TS meal, with the exception of San Angel Inn, their lunch must-do for every trip.

May524
03-20-2007, 09:15 AM
My neices all time favorite place is LTT! Oh and she is 8 :mickey:
We did Crystal Palace on her last trip...but she said she didn't care to go back. Don't know what happend!

LibertyTreeGal
03-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Warning: My kids are NOT normal -- they despise normal kids foods, with the exception of pizza. We went last about 2 months shy of their 5th birthday

Lunch -
Liberty Tree Tavern (they love the salmon and sharing crab cakes with the adults)
Pizza Planet
Casey's Corner (they hate normal hot dogs, but they love kosher ones)
Flame Tree BBQ

Dinner --
Crystal Palace (chili-rub salmon)
Bomas
Whispering Canyon

Snacks --
Mickey Ice Cream Bars
Turkey legs

What did they hate? Biergarten of all places. They thought everything was too bland LOL

TBY2225
03-20-2007, 09:34 AM
My DD5's favorites are:

Wolfgang Puck's express-
She said they were the best chicken fingers she had ever had!

Chef Mickeys-
I think she liked the atmosphere and Donald Duck the best. She wants to go back, but didn't really talk about the food that much!

Princess Storybook Breakfast- Norway Epcot
She loved all the breakfast food. I think it was the most she ate all week!

Strmchsr
03-20-2007, 09:43 AM
DS6 loves Donald's Breakfastsaurous and Crystal Palace for breakfast. He loves CP for any meal.

Favorite counter service is Pizza Planet (MGM) and Cosmic Rays (MK).

Table service: Prime Time Cafe (MGM), Teppanyaki, Coral Reef, and Whispering Canyon.

Darbylew
03-20-2007, 09:57 AM
:mickey: In the MK our kids like Cosmic Ray's, Casey's
Corner and Harbor House
In Epcot they like Liberty Inn, Lotus Cafe and
Electric Unbrella
In MGM they like Pizza Planet, Blacklot Express
and Sci-Fi DIne
Over at AK they like Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus and Rainforest Cafe :D

Tinkerkel
03-20-2007, 10:32 AM
My DD9 is a very good eater at home, but when we are at WDW, she gets so excited that she doesn't eat very much.:minnie: So...she's more into the atmosphere of some places. In Magic Kingdom she loves Liberty Tree Tavern, Columbia Harbor House & Crystal Palace. In Epcot, we usually eat our way around the world. She loves to get chocolate in Germany, but our favorite table service would have to be Garden Grill in the Land. In Animal Kingdom, she loves Breakfastosaurus & Pizzafari.

NJGIRL
03-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Great thread! Here are my sons favorites. It's funny we were just talking about this over the weekend!

Food:
Scifi Dine-Inn
San Angels
Rainforest Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Tinkerfreak
03-20-2007, 11:20 AM
DD9's favorites are:
Boma
Garden Grill
Chef Mickeys
Sci-Fi

DD12's favorites are:
Boma
Sci-Fi
Rainforest Cafe

They too eat more adult like than kid like. They love steaks and salads and don't eat much pizza, chicken fingers or burgers.

cgriff
03-20-2007, 01:35 PM
All three of my kiddos (age range 5-9!) loved The Flying Fish... and I totally agree with them, for once!

cgriff

ADevereaux
03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
My daughter (9) loved Rainforest Cafe for lunch. :mickey:

Great turkey wrap, too! :thumbsup:

c&d
03-20-2007, 02:31 PM
One of our son's favorites is Chef Mickey's for the peel and eat shrimp. Also Cali Grill for the pizza.

DISFREAKS
03-20-2007, 08:13 PM
dd always loved '50s Prime Time but when we were there last year the food didn't seem as good. Has anyone else noticed this?

angedeaile
03-21-2007, 01:57 AM
He isn't my kid, but sometimes I wonder...lol

My DLB-9yrs raves about these places-

Wolfgang Pucks Express
This kid is purely a pizza kid and for some odd reason was up for tomato soup and grilled cheese. They didn't have it, so we got some sort of squash soup and a quesadilla. He gave us a hard time, but one bite and this kid was in heaven. I had to take a picture, because I knew my parents wouldn't believe it!

Cali Grill
The waitress really went out of her way to make him feel so special. She got down on his level, called him sir, and really gave him attention. He even left her a cute note of thanks on our bill. He LOVED it. Because he was in such a good mood, he was pretty adventurous and attacked my Sushi platter.

Sci Fi Diner
He thought this place was the “bees knees”!
He liked being the driver and thought our waitress was a hoot. I didn’t think it was the greatest, but he has told me that he MUST go to that place next time. As long as I get one of their milkshakes, I will be happy.

The one place we regret not going to and heard great things about is Chef Mickeys. We had to cancel our early ADR due to a time crunch. I still haven’t lived that down by my DLB. Again..another place he says we MUST go to next time.