PDA

View Full Version : Touring the MK the same day as a MNSSHP

BritCody
03-20-2007, 08:12 AM
My 2 teens, 2 senior citizen parents and myself are planning on attending the MNSSHP sometime the week before Halloween. We have never attended the MNSSHP before and I heard that somethings close down prior to the party to get ready for the party. What typically closes down? Also, what do you suggest as the better plan. To tour the MK the same day as the party and stay until the end of the party or to do something else in the day and arrive at the MK just before the party begins? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! :pumpkin:

Strmchsr
03-20-2007, 08:45 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

Nothing closes until 6, so you'll have plenty of time in the parks. As for whether to tour the park the same day, it depends upon the energy level of your parents. The party goes until midnight, so being in the park all day and then going again for the party can be a little much for some folks. I know some people choose not to buy park tickets that day and spend the day at their resort pool, or in DTD shopping. You can get into the park with your party hard ticket beginning at 4:30 which allows plenty of time then to see the park and enjoy the party. Usually we go to the park open to close, but we're in our early 30s with kids who don't take naps. It makes a difference!

kakn7294
03-20-2007, 09:10 AM
When we did MVMCP in Dec, nothing at all closed down that we were aware of unless it wasn't going to be open for the party - and those things closed at 7p when the park officially "closed" to those without party tickets. At any rate, you can stay in the park while the transition to the party is being made. We chose to be in MK all day after an early morning stop at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique so the girls could get spiffed up for the big night. We are planning to be in MK all day again for P & P party in August as of right now, but that may change depending on what we've been able to accomplish to that point and what we might want to do again elsewhere since it will be our last day.

mook3y
03-20-2007, 09:31 AM
For us, traveling with DD2 DS4, we are not about to do all day/night at any park.

What we did last year and are planning to do again this year is hit one park at opening and stay a few hours. Head back to the resort for a swim and then put the kids down for a nap before heading off to MK for the party.

But, when we have gone to WDW, we try to stay 8 - 11 days so that we can take our time and go at a relaxed pace. We have yet to open and close a theme park. Something that I am sure will change when our kids are teens... then it will just be my DW and self taking the naps ;)

Don't miss the parade or the fireworks! That was our favorites by far!

Darbylew
03-20-2007, 09:48 AM
:welcome: :rocks: You will love it here. We
love MNSSHP. It is great....you will get a
wrist band so you can stay in the park. We
have done both been there all day and then
stayed for the party and then we have been to
another park and head over to MK late in the
afternoon. Have a FUN time! :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
MAY 29! :D

Wolf
03-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Wow dont worry just about the energy of your parents! Me and my mom went when I was 19 and she was 46 and did not do any parks the day of (it was our flying day) and by the end of the party we were both really dragging. Its so high energy and just amazing it wore us right out LOL be sure to dress up ok? It really makes the party great! Have fun and welcome to intercot!!!!!

JPL
03-20-2007, 11:24 AM
As a reminder the party ticket allows admission starting at 4PM so a good plan is to arrive and use your party at this time. It will allow for a good 8 hours in the park.

I have toured the entire day at the MK and then stayed for the party this past december if you pace yourself and take a few extra breaks you should be fine. It was the first of my trip after very little sleep the night before and an early flight. I really didn't feel the effects until the next day;)

bradk
03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
there are attractions that don't operate during any party. these include jungle cruise, carousel of progress, enchanted tiki room.. there may be a couple of others, but those always come immediately to mind

chrisandmattsmom
03-20-2007, 12:37 PM
We were at MNSSHP in October last year and we loved it! The morning of the party we slept in and then took our two boys ages 7 and 4 to Chef Mickeys for a late breakfast around 11:00 a.m. Then we went back to the Wilderness Lodge and went swimming. We then went over to MK around 4:00 and had dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern around 5:00. We got done with dinner in plenty of time to enjoy the party. We got lots of candy and we didn't have to wait in line for the rides very long. In fact, my sons stayed on Barnstormer without having to get off for another ride! The parade and fireworks were spectacular! Have a great time!

Lehman Family
03-20-2007, 01:44 PM
We went last year for the first time and absolutely loved every second of it. In the future we might plan our trips around that time of year just to hit that party everytime. I have a DD-2yrs (at the time we were there) and DS-5mos (again, at the time we were there) and stayed until it ended. We went to MGM earlier in the day and then went back to the room to take a nap before the party. The only issue we ran into was transportation. We watched at least 7 busses pass by our stop because they were full from the previous stops until they got to ours. We weren't very happy with the transportation at all that night :mad: After we did get there though everything was great.