PDA

View Full Version : Training the kids to handle Disney Characters

LibertyTreeGal
03-20-2007, 07:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone else "trains" their kids in the handling of character meets? I found it very helpful and boy do I have the pics to prove it!

About six months before we went, I started training my sons (then 4 years old) to kiss hands. WELL, when we got to WDW, not only did they kiss every princess' hand (which visibly charmed the princesses, let me tell you) but also ALL of the lady performers (acrobats, etc..) and a lot of the lady CMs. The later two groups were just awestruck, and I have so many pics of the boys with honorary princesses, like the hosts at Bomas.

And I'm not even going to mention the four young and beautiful chinese women they had following them around taking pictures of them because they called them "pretty like Mulan" and kissed them.

It really made for a special and neat time. Once they got used to it -- Pocahontas over at AK broke them in, and she was stunning -- nothing could stop them.

magicman
03-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I train my kids...don't mess with Tigger...he can take you out :D

Seriously, you bring up a good point. Giving your kids an idea of how to handle meeting the characters ensures they have a very positive experience, and of course we just want them to love Disney as much as we do.:mickey:

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Training your kids on how to act w/ the characters in a fantastic idea! Not only will you get great pictures, but the charcters will always spend more time with the really sweet kids vs. the ones that are pulling their tail and punching them....

BelleandtheBeast
04-05-2007, 11:10 PM
My son just turned 1 and is terrified of the Easter Bunny, so I am not planning on him liking any of the character just yet.

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 12:36 AM
We never have but I have heard of some people that used the "Disneyland Fun" Sing Along video to help kids get used to the look and relative size of the characters.

imaprincess!
04-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Absolutely! I refer to it as giving my children a "proper Disney education!" :mickey:

We took our children to WDW for the first time in September 2001. All summer long, we watched Disney movies so they could be familiar with all the characters. That was how I had them spend their quiet time in the afternoon.