PDA

View Full Version : Input on Swan/Dolphin Please!!

Ducklover
03-20-2007, 07:08 AM
:mickey:
I just saw that the Swan/Dolphin offers a nurse discount. Considering that, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how these properties are??? Are they along the line of a deluxe or moderate resort, and how are the amenetities/pool???
THANKS!!!!:thumbsup:

tomorrowschild
03-20-2007, 11:20 AM
We really enjoy our stays at the Swan. The rooms are very nice. The Heavenly Beds are to die for. I am a teacher so we get some great rates. The Swan and Dolphin have similar amenities to the Deluxe resorts. They are not owned or ran by Disney, but are on Disney property. You can walk to MGM in 10 minutes, or walk to EPCOT in less then 10 minutes. There are also boats that go to MGM or EPCOT if you would rather. These resorts also use Disney buses to get around to the other parks, water parks and DTD. I am not fussy about the pool- but that's ok.
For a great rate we have had rooms that face both MGM and EPCOT.

To See our Room (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brettyoung321/detail?.dir=475dre2&.dnm=f529re2.jpg&.src=ph)

Maleficent's Dad
03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
The Swan & Dolphin are pretty popular on these boards as they have a great location and offer discounts.

I'm not a huge fan of the resorts - I've stayed at both of them a couple of times. My most recent stay was in February. Read here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=98474)about that trip. (Sorry if it's not so positive!)

There was also a discussion recently about refrigerators in the rooms - here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=98877)

They offer some great things for a cheaper price. It's just not my cup of tea! :mickey:

Good luck and I hope that you have a great experience!

Crow
03-20-2007, 11:00 PM
i like them for location, Kimonos. few yrs ago got a great corner room w 2 balconies and heavenly bed

SallyP
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
They are a good value for a Deluxe Resort.
Spacious rooms, heavenly beds, all the amenities of a Disney Deluxe but no Hidden Mickeys.
We just returned from a stay at the Dolphin, $280/night (inclusive of everything, except valet parking). Believe me, I tried to get a Disney Epcot resort for that price and I couldn't. It was a last minute reservation and Disney just doesn't do that anymore for pass holders.
At check-in we were greeted by a smiling senorita who was very chatty and pleasant. We were given an upgrade ( a room with a balcony) and a voucher for a free breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean Market. One must be pleasant to expect pleasantries back (on their part and your part - it shouldn't be one-sided.)
Good restaurants, Fast food service, shops, great location.

DisneyDudet
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
We stayed back in 2003 and loved it.

We will probably stay again, since the teacher rate is about the same as a mod. The location is the greatest. My dad fell in love w/ the location when we stayed at BWI. He likes to get up early and explore, so staying here lets him walk to BW and the Clubs.

Its not Disney, but its nice on the pocketbook and offers almost everything Disney does.