PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite DVC resort

dlpmikki
03-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Here is the promised poll on favourite DVC resort - only one choice available!

Please reply to the thread to say if your favourite resort is NOT your home resort :mickey:

ElenitaB
03-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Okay, I had to limit it to ONE choice ;) I picked BWV... VWL is our home resort.

Unfortunately, I bought our points a year too late to get BWV as our home resort!

5 Mousekteers
03-20-2007, 08:14 AM
OK, our home resport is SSR, but I prefer staying at VWL. It always feels special staying there, a more relaxed, slower and scenic enviroment. When we buy more points they are definately going to be at VWL.:cap:

Maleficent's Dad
03-20-2007, 03:45 PM
It's really a tough choice... I mean it! We love the theme and ambience of the VWL. We love the atmosphere and accomodations at OKW. BWV are the sentimental favorite for us with a superb location. But I chose the BCV - it has, above all others, the best location of DVC! And SAB... :diver:

I could choose several of them, but the BCV seem to win out. Not really a bad choice here! :thumbsup:

Ed
03-21-2007, 05:14 PM
We actually have two "home" resorts, Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom.

But our REAL favorite is Vero Beach! :cool:

And a very close second would be Old Key West.

I suspect that once the Animal Kingdom Villas come available, our on-property favorite will change.

But Vero Beach still wins in our opinion.:thumbsup:

c&d
03-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Voted for my home resort, VWL. We bought there because we so love the look and feel of it.

Fortgoofy97
03-28-2007, 09:02 AM
This is a very tough pick! We have stayed at all of the resorts ar WDW and each has its own place in our top list. They each rank first for one thing or another! And depending on what we are there for! Picked Boardwalk since that was the original resort to stay at and our original Home Resort!!

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 01:01 PM
In 2003 we became members at BCV, but we have never stayed there. We love OKW-the space and privacy can't be beat! We just bought additional points at AKV, and I have no doubt that it will be our favorite once completed. We love AKL and if we're not at OKW, we're there. I know AKV will be our favorite and we'll likely spend all our vacations there. We can't wait!

Priority Four
04-03-2007, 12:44 PM
VWL is our favorite in regard to theme, but BCV definitley has the edge in location and pool.

WDWfeelslikehome
04-16-2007, 08:32 AM
We enjoy our home resort SSR, it's a nice quiet escape from the parks. We stay at SSR on more than half of our trips.:thumbsup:

BluegrassDaisy
04-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Our home resort is SSR - but I love the theming at VWL. It just seems cozier to me. That said, I also LOVE BWV and I am staying at BCV for the 1st time in a just a couple of weeks :mickey:

Pocahantas
04-19-2007, 05:40 PM
BCV is our home resort and our favorite!

DisneyGiant
04-19-2007, 10:58 PM
I always pick the Beach Club because of the pool. I really like the BWV too - but staying at the BC gives you the best of both worlds.

Haven't stayed at my home resort yet.......

IDreamofEeyore
05-09-2007, 11:15 PM
BWV was great especially since our room overlooked the BW and SSE. But our favorite is our home resort VWL...hands down! We love the theming, the quietness, and everything else associated with it!

True Disney Fan
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
:number1: Hands down, I go along with the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. This has been our home since 2001. Have stayed at OKW, BWV,and Saratoga Springs. Looking forward to having a stay at Animal Kingdom Villas when available.

For quietness, theme function and availability to everything, the VWL beats all in my book.:thumbsup: :mickey:

KevGuy
05-23-2007, 11:08 AM
SSR i sthe best IMO!!:thumbsup:

If the BC is so great why is everyone selling their DVC? I look at all the resale sites and that is mostly what I see for sale. Hmm...All I know is I'll be enjoying SSR for 12 years after BC comes due lol.:D

MsMin
06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I love the convenience of BWV although our home resort is SSR, our first trip there is coming up. I loved OKW but it isn't the most convenient location and the buses were slow when we were there but it's been a long time.

jwallace378
07-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I love the relaxed and casual island atmosphere at Old Key West. Beach Club Villas run a close second.

DVCWDWMEMBER
09-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Have not stayed at the OKWV or BWV yet. Will be Staying at the Boardwalk in November. My favorite for easy access is the BCV and off course for the beautiful wooded resort it't WLV.

Mackflava99
11-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Beach Club wins out due to Location, walking distance to Epcot and Boardwalk, fishing, the pool and Cape May make it a very good destination. I also give props to Wilderness Lodge, because its definitely good for non-park activities and quiet time.

KineGirl
01-19-2008, 01:18 AM
AKV is just too amazing!:number1:

tomatoe pie
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:i love them all..... and now have a home at 4 of them and someday hope to have a little bit of each one. each one is so special for one reason or the other.

i always make my reservations acording to who is going with me and what that person likes to do. the vwl if you have children who want to be close to the mk and also with easy access to the lake, monorail, and the wonderful restaurants at the surrounding resorts. bcv if you want to relax around the pool or walk in the sand before bedtime at night (it is amazing what that does for tired feet and legs after a long day at the park). bcv or bwv for great access to the restaurants at epcot. akv for the extreme beauty of the resort and those magnificent animals. also boma and jeko. the pool at akl is also lovely.

the more i write the more i don't know which is my favorite. i love them all!!!!:welcome:

DizNee143
03-05-2008, 11:32 AM
boardwalk without a doubt..i absolutely LOVE this resort!!:mickey:

makin_memories
03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
My favorite so far, besides our home at OKW, was Wilderness Lodge by far. The atmosphere was wonderful, and the villas are so close to the main lodge that the food and gift shop are only a little walk away.

I have also stayed at HHI. It was beautiful, and the clubhouse on the beach was handy. But it wasnt WDW, so it is hardly worth comparison. :mickey:

AHOTE
03-26-2008, 12:53 AM
I like OKW, it's comfortable, it's like an old friend. I also like the fact that you can get two beds in a studio rather than a bed and a pull out. We're never in the room that much that a sofa becomes a priority. I'd like to have the option of two beds in a studio in other DVC resorts.

DVC_dad
09-23-2008, 04:55 PM
We are a family of 7 kids and 2 parents so.....

Old Key West has it for us. It's BIG and that's important. We can walk right out the door to our Suburban and that's also important considering strollers and such. Now that the main pool has a kickin water slide, it's all good at OKW. It is a very good location as well, near the MK but also easy to get to other areas going "the back way" you know. A very close second would be Boardwalk but after that the more recent ones have rooms that are IMHO significantly smaller! Owning at OKW, Boardwalk, BCV, and Srartoga, I am quite sure that my assessment of room size is accurate. We've stayed at every DVC property many times over. Alas, I can't wait to find out what the Contemporary DVC is going to be like.

DVC_dad
09-23-2008, 04:58 PM
A quick word about Hilton Head...

Pool is great. Beach house is FANTASTIC but back at the resort...Get a restaurant would ya??? We love Hilton Head but my cheif complaint about the whole island is that there aren't a lot of really really good places to eat. Maybe I just don't know the island that well? We have only been one long weekend.

Disneyfamilyoffive
01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Not sure really, we have been to SSR, VWL our home resort is Animal Kingdom which I am looking forward to staying. So far it has to be VWL love the quite, the way it is decorated and being so close to Magic Kingdom.

SFD998
01-12-2009, 08:48 AM
OKW is our home resort, but would have to say AKLV is our favorite.

lockedoutlogic
01-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club Beach Club

Honorable Mention:

Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk
Animal Kingdom
Old Key West
Vero Beach
Hilton Head

Ian
01-12-2009, 09:14 AM
I didn't vote, since Bay Lake Tower isn't on the list. But that's one of our home resorts and that will certainly be my favorite.

If I had to pick now it would be Beach Club, though.

MarkC
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Got to vote for Beach Club-- love the pool, location, everything about it. In response to the prior poster noting that he sees a lot of Beach Club for sale, I'm not sure what site you are looking at. I just checked the Timeshare Store and there are about 5-6 times as many SSR listings as BC listings. I realize it's a bigger resort but I've seen as few as 4-5 listings available for BC at a certain time. All of them are going to have some for sale as people realize they made a mistake or their finances change.

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:11 PM
like BW and BC
would like to stay once at the AK just to see it.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:57 PM
bwv and bc:mickey::mickey::mickey:

tomatoe pie
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
we own three dvc homes. akv, vwl, and blt. we absolutly love akv :paw:and vwl:cap::pine:. we hope to love blt:wishes: just as much. it is according to the mood of the vacation which one we want to stay in each time. they are very different.

we also love bcv because of the location, sab and we do enjoy cape may cafe. we may buy there when the resales get down in price. but meanwhile we can stay there with our points.

we just love wdw :mickey:and dvc no mater where we are.

gallicdenis
05-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Hands down my favorite is Old Key West! No! I mean Boardwalk! Wait a minute! I mean Beach Club! No, I mean Vero Beach! Hmmmmm... Hilton Head! I luv Saratoga Springs. No ... Animal Kingdom Lodge . . . Just a second now . . . Wilderness Lodge. Heck!!! I love em all!!!

patandtwins
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
We love BWV and think I would love BCV more. We love to walk to Epcot and HS. Epcot is our fave park, so we spend the most time there. Our kids are getting to the age where they will be able to come and go on their own (almost), so the Boardwalk area will definately be the place to stay. We've had difficulty getting into BCV, but hope to someday as the pool looks really cool. We stayed at the Contemporary and that was awesome, so I would love BLT. Taking the monorail into MK and it's resorts(for dinner) is super easy (less wait than the busses), but the kids are getting too old for MK, so we don't spend too much time there.

wdwfan53
07-19-2009, 04:04 PM
even though our home resort is SSR, i did love BWV. i loved to be able to walk to DHS and to epcot and i just love the entire resort.

honestly i am planning on staying at all of the DVC resorts eventually so this preference may change

MinnieMommie
07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Right now we have membership at BLT and SSR. BLT is not on the list but if it were I would vote for it. SSR is my second favorite (and my vote on this poll) then AKL (where we will probably end up buying into). I love each one for a different reason and vacation experience. :mickey:

Queen Stephanie
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Vacation for me is relaxation. Old Key West is the best. Palm trees, turtle shack and friendly neighbors. I love OKW.:thumbsup:

AeroFloyd
11-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Old Key West is my favorite! :number1: Its also one of the only DVC resorts we've stayed at.. but I love it the none the less! However we're booked for the jumbo house at the Animal Kingdom lodge villas. Never been but I hear they have a pool table so I'm excited! :thumbsup:

ehaimann236
02-18-2010, 12:59 PM
My favorite DVC Resort is Old Key West closely followed by Boardwalk (our home base). Old Key West has the largest room sizes as it was the first created. All those following get smaller in size. The different "apartment complexes" of Old Key West make it a great peaceful getaway and doesn't give the hotel feel.

As far as Boardwalk the closeness to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios is amazing especially since we like to eat at the World Showcase as often as possible.

Disneyfamilyoffive
02-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Well since I have to pick a favorite one I will have to choose Animal Kingdom Kidana Village. It is so awesome to wake up and be able to see animals off your balcony or walk thru the resort and look out the windows and see animals.:mickey:

tgropp
03-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Since we always go at Christmas time, VWL is great. But BCV is also there

Patti
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
My home resort is SSR, but we enjoy staying at AKV Jambo.

DVC Mike
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
I've stayed at all 7 DVC resorts at WDW, and I'd rank them as follows:

1) BLT
2) BWV
3) BCV
4) VWL
5) AKV
6) SSR
7) OKW

I haven't stayed at VGC yet, but I suspect that will rank in the top three.

I haven't stayed at HHI or VB, and may never do so.

DaisyJune
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Hands down, Akl. The whole package makes it a fantastic vacation. The savanna's, the ambience, of the whole complex and the restaurants and pool are unbeatable.

lovin'fl
05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I love the Contemporary, so I'd say BLT. But a close second is BCV(walk to Epcot and HS). A split stay would be ideal.
I really like OKW- very quiet and rooms are huge and layed out well.
I like BWV for the convenience of walking to Epcot and HS.

ehaimann236
05-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I would have to say my favorite is Old Key West. Our home is Boardwalk which we like a lot but OKW is a bit better. OKW has the largest rooms of all DVC resorts and I like the design.

mjm12000
05-28-2010, 01:54 PM
You are missing Bay Lake Tower.... my home resort and my favorite ....

dlpmikki
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
You are missing Bay Lake Tower.... my home resort and my favorite ....
New resorts keep coming along! We will do a new poll at some stage......

Snickerdoodle
06-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I voted for my home resort Saratoga, but I'd love to stay at the Animal Kingdom :thumbsup:

WDW24
07-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Although my family and I often stay at the BWV, my personal favorite to stay at is the BCV. Everything about it is charming and relaxing, plus a great themed pool.

:mickey:

RAIDER
07-21-2010, 03:16 AM
My home one is the BLT but as its no there i voted for the Beach Club :thumbsup:

Mousemates
08-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Voted BC but as previous poster stated, I too probably would taken a bay lake tower option if it had been offered.

Mackflava99
12-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I must say, that we did vivist the BLT on our last trip-

Great resort, terrific room, and great location to MK. BUT not having a food option unless we go to the contemporary, and the awful check in process made it lose some glamor.

My top 3 are

Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge
Bay Lake Tower

IDreamofEeyore
04-28-2012, 07:49 PM
We've stayed at Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas & Old Key West at WDW and at Villas at Grand Californian at DL. Love them all! Each one is unique and has it's own personality.

Our home is VWL. Always a great experience: Quiet, relaxing and we love taking a boat to MK.

At BWV we were lucky enough to have a view of Spaceship Earth from our room... gorgeous! And it was fun to watch the boardwalk performers at night. + walk to EPCOT!

OKW was a huge surprise for us. VWL was booked, so we took a room there. We LOVED everything about it! Bus service was great. Would definitely stay there again.

VGC was beautiful, quiet, and you can't beat the convenience of walking right out of your door and into the parks & Downtown Disney. Again, lucky with a view of California Adventure.

hallijonny
05-07-2012, 05:52 AM
I like all DVC resorts but in that specially like OKW resort because Old Key West has the largest room sizes as it was the first created. The apartments complexes was also different and doesn't give feel like hotel and As far as Boardwalk the closeness to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios is amazing. They provide facilities are marvelous with affordable prices.

riley1129
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I chose Saratoga Springs primarily because I live in Saratoga Springs, NY. Although I love the resort, it reminds me NOTHING of home. The only thing that is the same is the street names. Because of that, my favorite DVC resort may be OKW or the Beach Club.

alongfortheride
08-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Vero is my favorite, with Boardwalk a close second. Don't own at either resort though.

Christine
03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Vero is my favorite, with Boardwalk a close second. Don't own at either resort though.

Now ya do!!! ;)

VWL Mom
03-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Now ya do!!! ;)

You added Vero today? Congrats! :yay:

Christine
03-10-2013, 06:44 PM
You added Vero today? Congrats! :yay:

We did!!!! Can't believe it!!!! Thank you!

patandtwins
05-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Just looked at this thread again and realized it is pretty much my order of preference...except the HH part:
1- BCV
2- BWV
3- AKV
4- OKW
5- VWL
6- SSR
7- VB

I'd throw HH somewhere around OKW. And BLT, which we haven't stayed at yet but we did stay at Contemp, I'd put around BCV.

lightyearfan
07-22-2013, 11:24 AM
me and dw became dvc members in 2011, we were on our 1st disney cruise(the magic) and went to a dvc meeting really just to try and win the on board credit, but at the end of the meeting it just made sense since we vacation no where else, anyway we choose Saratoga Springs as our home resort. since then weve stayed at :okw/ss/akl both/and vero beach. our least favorite was akl, we just didnt like the layout and the beds seem to be the worst so far, and the parking is out of wack to, in other resorts you pretty much park right in front uf your unit.

next up sept another stay at okw b4 we embark on our disney dream cruise

Victor:mickey: