PDA

View Full Version : 'High School Musical' Hits the Ice

Figment!
03-19-2007, 09:32 PM
'High School Musical' Hits the Ice

Associated Press
3/15/2007

It's a hit TV movie, a quadruple-platinum CD, a touring live concert and a top-selling DVD. Now, "High School Musical" is hitting the ice.

"Disney's High School Musical: The Ice Tour" will open August 31 in Lakeland, Fla. and travel to at least 100 cities in the next year, Disney officials said Tuesday.

"`High School Musical' has been a smash hit in virtually every area of the entertainment spectrum," said Thomas Schumacher, president of Walt Disney Co.'s Disney Theatrical Productions. "The ice tour celebrates the fun and music in a whole new way."

The production will feature "some of the world's most talented skaters" performing music from the "High School Musical" soundtrack, said Nicole Feld of Feld Entertainment, the production company behind the ice show.

"With the ice as the dance floor, this event will be an unprecedented twist on a fan favorite," she said.
Tickets for the U.S. dates will be available April 2.

dtootsie42
03-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Cool! I have a daughter who is a figure skater and she would love to skate in this show. Of course she is only 15 and has to wait a few years before she can even audition...by then they will have something new and cool! :mickey:

RPHX2NC
03-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I go mine early! I had a promotional email from Ticketmaster with a code for early tickets!:thumbsup:

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Yay!!!

Roger's #1 Fan
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM
We picked up our tickets the other night for the December 29th show here in Philly.
Going to Disney on Ice is an annual holiday tradition for our family so the HSM theme just adds to the fun. :party:

RedSoxFan
04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I got DH, DD and I tickets last week with the pre-sale code. Front row seats on the ice for Jan 2008 in Syracuse. Can't wait.:mickey: