PDA

View Full Version : Buffet at Fort Wilderness?

pamickeys
03-19-2007, 08:32 PM
This year we are staying at WL and want to try something different. We have been intrigued by the descriptions we've read of the buffet at FW. Are we mistaken or is it worth the effort?

Figment!
03-19-2007, 08:35 PM
If you're a value conscience vacationer, it is the best dining value on property ...

Crow
03-19-2007, 09:14 PM
If you're a value conscience vacationer, it is the best dining value on property ...

what he said....
its the top buffet deal. it has taken the place of AKershus on my best buffet list (AKershus lost the Hot BOrdt...then went down)
the buffet at Shades of Green is 2nd for deal on my list..
yes go to Trails End. especially if you want lunch, stayin at WL or spending a day at MK, and you can get some discounts w DDE.
i havent had the dinner but would expect it to be as good.

ibrowse17
03-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Very much worth the effort:thumbsup: I would make an ADR for dinner, but you should be ok for breakfast and lunch.

Goofy1060
03-20-2007, 08:52 AM
We really like it and hit it a couple times for breakfast and at least once for dinner during our stays at ft. wilderness. I find it to be a great value.

January-2007
03-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Trails End is great! We ate there for lunch twice in January and it did not dissapoint! Drinks are included, it really is a great deal. We love to walk around Fort Wilderness so it worked out just great. SHH... it's a secret though, don't tell everyone you know, or else we might not be able to walk up and get a table....:D

hoop de do
03-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Good Ol' Country Cookin'. We always try and make the buffet. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, we have never been disappointed. Please let us know how you liked it and most importantly:
Have a GREAT vacation. :eat: :cheer: :babyroll:
p.s. The babyroll has nothing to do with your post or my answer: I just had to use it somewhere. :D

SgtTigger
03-20-2007, 08:30 PM
is it worth the effort

Yes, but there really is not much effort to get to Trails End from Wilderness Lodge...

You can hop a boat at the boat dock or take a bus that lets you out real close to the restaurant..... We go to Trails End every trip.... It has the best fried chicken........ Yes a must do for us every trip......

:cop: :tigger:

c&d
03-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I have to say thanks for the post and info. We're staying at the Villas and I was looking for a place to eat since we couldn't get Chef Mickey's on the EMH night. After reading the posts I made reservations there.

Crow
03-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I have to say thanks for the post and info. We're staying at the Villas and I was looking for a place to eat since we couldn't get Chef Mickey's on the EMH night. After reading the posts I made reservations there.

good choice:cowboy: :chicken: