PDA

View Full Version : "Free Dining Plan 2007" Semi-Rumour

Wells
03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
This just in .......
Rumor central has it that the free dining plan will be offered this year for WDW visits between 8/26 - 9/22. According to semi-reliable sources, this will be avaiable for trips booked between 4/12 and 6/24.
But it is just a rumor...wait for an official announcment before contacting your freindly Disney travel agent!

GottaLvDisney
03-17-2007, 11:25 AM
That'd be nice...hope it's true. :mickey:

Zakerdog
03-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Here's hoping they are 3 for 3, we have had the free DDP the past 2 years and it is great. We have our room booked at Pop already for September so we are just waiting to hear the good news. Melissa at YMJ will look after us as soon as something is announced.:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
03-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Well, since we want to go in Oct, I'm hoping they do it so it will draw the "fall guests" to go go in Sept so that maybe a few less will be there in Oct!

While its great that its free, we like the flexibility of doing what we want and we won't be there long enough to sit down every day.

I hope its there!

Crow
03-19-2007, 12:53 PM
yeah im torn. for a few yrs i went in Sept wo dining. im trying the dining plan in May for my trip for the first time. but i would much rather have cheaper rooms than free dining methinks, as i dont eat as much as it would include and id like to b able to afford WL or such.
then again i am thinking about end of Sept beginning Oct to try the F&W fest again, so free dining may draw more earlier as stated in the previous post......:confused:

KAJUNKING
03-19-2007, 07:41 PM
i hope its true we really enjoyed the dining last sept, and would love to have it again :mickey:

kathiep
03-19-2007, 07:43 PM
:cloud9:

Thanks for the info; you just brightened a very long day.

We are booked for 9/15 - 9/23 and I just made my first ADR's this morning!

mjaclyn
03-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Ugh. I was really hoping that Disney would skip the free dining this year. DH and I have been planning our trip this September for almost a year now and I was really looking forward to going during (what is supposed to be) one of the 'least crowded' times of the year. I'm not trying to offend anyone here who is hoping for free dining, I was just looking forward to a less crowded time - especially at the restaurants.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Ugh. I was really hoping that Disney would skip the free dining this year. DH and I have been planning our trip this September for almost a year now and I was really looking forward to going during (what is supposed to be) one of the 'least crowded' times of the year. I'm not trying to offend anyone here who is hoping for free dining, I was just looking forward to a less crowded time - especially at the restaurants.

We've been hoping the same thing. :bolt:

glenpreece
03-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Well I for one hope it is true. I am taking a good friend of mine and I am footing the bill for the disney portion of the trip so I want the free dining. This way we can do characters meals everyday !!! LOL

Spaceship Tigger
03-20-2007, 08:16 AM

I feel the exact same way. I was hoping for no free dining and higher AP discounts instead. This could be especially bad if free dining is only offered for a four week period like this rumor says - things could be even more crowded than years past for these weeks.

mook3y
03-20-2007, 09:20 AM

We have gone the last 2 years during this time. Yes, some of the restaurants were pretty busy. The good news it the parks seem to be pretty empty to us.

We have never done WDW during peak times, but having been to Disneyland on days when they quit letting people in the park, I believe I have an idea of how crowded it can get during peak times.

The longest waits were around 30 minutes for Expedition Everest. Others were 10 minutes or under. Many of them being less than 5.

Know this doesnt help for the restaurant part... but at least when your playing, the crowds are not that bad! IMHO

BrownEyedGrrl
03-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I just saw this posted on {another site}, too. I'm in the middle of helping my dad plan a trip for my sister, BIL, and their three girls (first trip for the girls!) and we were hoping the free dining would be offered.

Hmmmm, if it is offered, maybe I can talk DH into going back this year too... :cool:

magicofdisney
03-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Does the rumor mill state whether more than a one day base ticket will be required?

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I had a question about the timing, we are going down for our Honeymoon, 9/16-9/26 could I get it for the whole time I am there because my check in time is before it expires or would it expire on the 22nd at the end of the offer?

Figment!
03-21-2007, 12:20 PM
In the past, Guests were eligible for the discount during their whole stay as long as their stay started during the discounted time span.

2MuchWDFun
03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm hoping it comes about, too! I'm paying for my son and friend to go to WDW in August as a bribe...I mean a "thank you for getting excellent grades his first year of college.

This will save a lot of cash for me...tuition is already enough! ":spend: Karen at MJ is on the lookout and will make the change to the reservation as soon as this fabulous deal becomes available!

rsumrall
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
To those worried about the crowds because of Free Dining - they are still very managable, if not down-right light. Maybe everybody is too busy eating...

Free DDP is a good thing, IMO. It gives folks who could not otherwise afford it a chance to Disney "all the way."

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
If the free dining plan does come out, do people recommend making more ADR's because the resturants are packed?

BMan62
03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
PLEASE!!! Only make ADR's for those places you are going to dine on each day! Part of the hassle with making ADR's is that there are a number of people who book more than one restaurant for any given day/night/meal.

If you make an ADR, then someone else cannot book those seats. So, if you book 3 ADR's for the same night, you are effectively keeping 2 other people from booking their ADR.

CleveSJM
03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
8/26 seems like a late start especially since they rolled Value season back to 8/5. And 9/22 an early stop...

Booking dates on the rumor sound off as well. I'd expect a Saturday announcement for the Visa people (3/31 or 4/7) and to the public on Tuesday. Helps balance the reservationists time.

Like others, I was hoping for a non-food based discount to influence me to take a late summer trip. Each TS seems to take 2-3 hours out of your day. Hit a CS and add 5-6 attractions to your day...

mousaholic
03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
If anyone has insight into this it would be helpful: If I booked a vacation that started before the free DDP beginning date,but ran through the free DDP time period, would I start the free DDP when it began - 0r-would I have to pay for the first few days? What does anybody out there think? (Trying to plan my resrevations for our trip! ) Thanks!

CaptSmee
03-22-2007, 03:23 PM

It's still one of the least crowded times of the year. Crowds are back to WDW yearround, but Sept. is by far the least crowded still, free dining or not.

faline
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM
If anyone has insight into this it would be helpful: If I booked a vacation that started before the free DDP beginning date,but ran through the free DDP time period, would I start the free DDP when it began - 0r-would I have to pay for the first few days? What does anybody out there think? (Trying to plan my resrevations for our trip! ) Thanks!

In this case, you would need two reservations. One that begins when you arrive and for which you don't have the dining plan and the second which would coincide with the beginning of the dining plan offer. Otherwise, the terms and conditions of your stay are governed by the date you check in. If you don't have the dining plan when you check in, you don't have it for the duration of your stay.

Crow
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
as i said, i would rather have a good discount on the resort. but i would have to figure the cost both ways.
considering right after Labor Day for my birthday, or late Sept to start my stay at the end of value season n catch the first of F&W fest. but at the end i wouldnt get the free dining. mayb Visa will offer a room discount

mousaholic
03-22-2007, 05:13 PM
In this case, you would need two reservations. One that begins when you arrive and for which you don't have the dining plan and the second which would coincide with the beginning of the dining plan offer. Otherwise, the terms and conditions of your stay are governed by the date you check in. If you don't have the dining plan when you check in, you don't have it for the duration of your stay.
What if I had paid out of pocket for the dining plan for the two days that I was there before free dining begins? I know this is very hypothetical but I am trying to figure out all of my options. I don't really want to make two reservations because of the way that tickets are sold.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-23-2007, 12:45 PM
PLEASE!!! Only make ADR's for those places you are going to dine on each day! Part of the hassle with making ADR's is that there are a number of people who book more than one restaurant for any given day/night/meal.

If you make an ADR, then someone else cannot book those seats. So, if you book 3 ADR's for the same night, you are effectively keeping 2 other people from booking their ADR.

I'm sorry if i was mis-understood, but I meant more than usualy, I was only planning to make ADR's for about 2-3 of my meals, but with this dining I was asking if I should make ADR's for nearly all of my meals. I would never make ADR's for more than one place and shut other people out, that's terrible.

Wells
03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
O.K......Everybody take a deep breath and read the information below:

Rumor
Pronunciation: 'rü-m&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rEon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
1 : talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2 : a statement or report current without known authority for its truth
3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event

As stated in the original post, all dates and avaibility of the free DDP are subject to change before the official announcment. So don't plan your vacation around the free DDP until you are sure that it will be offered. You'll just have to wait a couple more weeks!

Jeff G
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
We have taken addvantage of the free dining the past two yeas in September and both years the crowds were very lite in September, the only downfall is that the restraunts were a bit busy. The parks though were quiet as usuall with very limited lines.

Last year they offered the free dining discount originally and around June a room only discount was also offered for the same time period. I was told this was because even with free dining not all the hotels filled as they wished.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I was hoping it would start about 10 days earlier than this, since we already have our trip booked! It would be hard to change the dates because I planned it around which week I have to do payroll! And since I don't have anyone trained as backup, there isn't anyone who could cover for me.
Hummmm, I guess I need to work on that! It's nice to be needed, but what if anything should happen to me? Like if I was awarded a stay in the castle and had to extend my trip?

BMan62
03-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry if i was mis-understood, but I meant more than usualy, I was only planning to make ADR's for about 2-3 of my meals, but with this dining I was asking if I should make ADR's for nearly all of my meals. I would never make ADR's for more than one place and shut other people out, that's terrible.

Sorry, I wasn't directing this comment at you, but rather those who would suggest people make multiple ADR's on the same night just so they have options when they arrive. Although a great idea in purpose, in practice it just cuts the number of available ADR's for everyone else.

Crow
03-26-2007, 12:59 PM
i know someone had mentioned the Disney Visa special offer site being down and was hoping it was cause they were getting ready for an announcment. they sent out an email that they were updated. it was just about offer for 20% off at disneyshopping. nothing much else new.....yet at least
how many want free dining and how many would rather have a room discount? i guess it would depend on how many people and how much of a difference on rack rate vs discounted room. for me it would probably b a solo trip, so id rather take the room discount.

tony2979
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
We have taken addvantage of the free dining the past two yeas in September and both years the crowds were very lite in September, the only downfall is that the restraunts were a bit busy. The parks though were quiet as usuall with very limited lines.

Last year they offered the free dining discount originally and around June a room only discount was also offered for the same time period. I was told this was because even with free dining not all the hotels filled as they wished.

We went last Sept also and got to use the free dining plan. I wouldn't, in any way, shape, or form, call the parks crowded. The very longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes with most waits being 10 minutes or less (lots of walk ons in all parks) The restaraunts were a bit crowded, but the only significant waits that we had was at Whispering Canyon (20 minutes), Liberty Tree Tavern Character Meal (40 minutes, but something had gone wrong....it was still worth the wait) and Cap'n Jacks (15 minutes). The BBQ place at Animal Kingdom was the only CS that we had a long wait. Still had great service and great food almost everywhere.

KAJUNKING
03-26-2007, 11:10 PM
We went last Sept also and got to use the free dining plan. I wouldn't, in any way, shape, or form, call the parks crowded. The very longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes with most waits being 10 minutes or less (lots of walk ons in all parks) The restaraunts were a bit crowded, but the only significant waits that we had was at Whispering Canyon (20 minutes), Liberty Tree Tavern Character Meal (40 minutes, but something had gone wrong....it was still worth the wait) and Cap'n Jacks (15 minutes). The BBQ place at Animal Kingdom was the only CS that we had a long wait. Still had great service and great food almost everywhere.

i would have to say as much as we enjoyed the free dining, i dont think it impacted the crowds at the parks, case in point, while we were there labor day week last year we walked on soarin and after it was over we were exiting and the cm yelled anyone wishing to ride again please grab a seat cause they didnt have enough people to fill the ride, so we sat down for another ride, it was awesome :mickey:

GreenBeetle
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM

I didn't think it was possible to do this. I was told by CMs several times that their system won't allow you to book more than one place during a meal time for the very reason you stated. Since everything is linked to your phone number/reservation number they can keep close tabs on this. Was I misinformed?? :confused:

robhink
03-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I didn't think it was possible to do this. I was told by CMs several times that their system won't allow you to book more than one place during a meal time for the very reason you stated. Since everything is linked to your phone number/reservation number they can keep close tabs on this. Was I misinformed?? :confused:

No I think that is correct, but if you only give them your phone number it would be possible to make reservations using your home phone, work phone and cell phone for example. There are always ways to get around a system, I think that most people are honest and would only take one ADR for each meal

CleveSJM
03-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Any insider updates out there? They announced Free DDP on Saturday April 1 last year (no fooling:blush:). Are Saturday announcement's normal? Are they staffing extra reservationists anytime soon?

:secret: Someone has to have the scoop... ;):D:thumbsup:

C'mon massive room discounts! Free dining is ok too...

stitch34
03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Should i assume since it is so late to announce the free dining plan that the second rumor for arpil-june was just a rumor...

robhink
03-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Should i assume since it is so late to announce the free dining plan that the second rumor for arpil-june was just a rumor...

The April - June dates would be the booking window if the plan is offered.

Donald Duck
03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Assuming those dates are true:

We are tentively going Aug 20 - Aug 26, checking out on the 27th. Would we be able to get the free dinning since we will be staying at disney on the 26th ?

I'm pretty sure Disney will allow it, as long as one night is between those dates.

Marker
03-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Ok, since DW and I just went a couple weeks ago, DD is non nudging me to go in..... as luck would have it..... August or September.

So here's my question.... If I already have my trip scheduled including the DDP, and the rumor happens to come true, with the "free" part be reflected on my total. Or does it only apply to trips schedule AFTER they announce it (if they do at all). Does it apply to all reservations made, or is it selective on some other criteria?

We haven't decided if we're actually going, but the gears are turning in my brain and the potential to save those dollars could make a difference in the ultimate decision.

Bethanymouse
03-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I keep checking this forum every morning and night to see if anyone has any inside scoop. I am really looking forward to this- question to you.....if it is the same as last year with the 5 nights 6 days free dining, can you book two weeks of that? Can I book for 11 nights, 12 days? I hope we find out soon!

Crow
03-29-2007, 09:24 PM
has anyone figured out the costs?
rack rate w free dining vs room costs w potential discounts?

BMan62
03-30-2007, 08:06 AM

I PM'd you a breakdown of the most recent offers - AAA 20% room discount, Disney 40% room discount & Free DDP, based on 7day/6night stay, Value Season, all 3 resort types.

Strmchsr
03-30-2007, 08:35 AM
So here's my question.... If I already have my trip scheduled including the DDP, and the rumor happens to come true, with the "free" part be reflected on my total. Or does it only apply to trips schedule AFTER they announce it (if they do at all). Does it apply to all reservations made, or is it selective on some other criteria?

If you book before the announcement is made, you would have to cancel your current reservation and rebook in order for the free DDP discount to be applied to your reservation. This is where booking with Magical Journeys helps as they do that for you automatically. Whatever discount they are going to offer for the fall - free DDP or something else - it should be announced in the next couple of weeks.

Spaceship Tigger
03-30-2007, 09:17 AM

I broke this down for our family. It depends on the rack rate of the resort, the number of nights, and how much you believe that you would spend on dining by paying OOP or on the DDP. I looked at everywhere we planned on eating and estimated the amount we would spend if eating on the free DDP. I kept this amount the same if we were paying OOP. We are staying in a courtyard WL room and found that if we were on free dining, we would save about $200 more than if we had a 40% AP discount for the 8 nights. But using the DDE card with the AP would knock off about another $100 for us. So really are savings are just about $100 on free dining. And if we were staying at a more expensive deluxe resort then the 40% AP would certainly be a better savings.

BMan62
03-30-2007, 10:49 AM
If you book before the announcement is made, you would have to cancel your current reservation and rebook in order for the free DDP discount to be applied to your reservation. This is where booking with Magical Journeys helps as they do that for you automatically. Whatever discount they are going to offer for the fall - free DDP or something else - it should be announced in the next couple of weeks.

That is not true. If you booked through WDW Central Reservations all you need do is call and ask them to update your reservation with the new offer. I did this two years ago and they actually refunded a few dollars due to the change in package price.

Strmchsr
03-30-2007, 02:43 PM
That is not true. If you booked through WDW Central Reservations all you need do is call and ask them to update your reservation with the new offer. I did this two years ago and they actually refunded a few dollars due to the change in package price.

It's the same basic procedure. You still have to call WDW central reservation and get them to change/update/rebook, etc. I can't say personally what the current policy is having not done that myself, but I can confirm that several folks last summer talked about getting a new confirmation number when they changed to the new discount.

mikeb1967
03-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Hello, good news, we just booked our trip to DW from 9-14-07 to 9-22-07 because the FREE DDP will be offered at that time. We received a AAA newsletter in the mail today and it advertises the Stay, play and Dine promotion from Aug. 5 to Oct. 3 2007. Our DW reservationist told us that if we booked today we would be eligible for the FREE dining promo, we just have to call back and have it added because it is not in their system yet. He told us it will be comming up in a few days to a week. We booked the Pop Century/ 9 days/ 8 nights/ Standard room/ All tickets with park hopper option and water park and more option for 2 adults and 2 children( age 9 and 12) and FREE DDP and free magical express for $1955.80. WOW what a deal!

nellyj
03-30-2007, 06:32 PM
we are going in december this year....do disney ever give december discounts..? as we are from the uk we can't do AAA or florida resident etc...do they give the free dining plan ? we are going dec1st til dec 15th.
:mickey:

dyin tago
03-30-2007, 06:37 PM
we called disney reservations and aaa and neither know anything od the free dining this year. we did the free dining last year and sure hope for it to happen again this year!:mickey:

nellyj
03-30-2007, 06:43 PM
was that for december or october that you had the frre plan?

mikeb1967
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
From Aug. 5, 2007 til Oct. 3, 2007. We just booked our trip and the DW reservationist told us that is was going into effect in the next couple days to a week. YOu have to schedule your trip between those dates to get the FREE DDP for everyone in your group for the entire length of stay. You have to specifically ask about the promotion they will not volunteer any info. This is advertised in our AAA newsletter that we got today, but you do NOT have to be a AAA member to get this promotion. MikeB

onjbj
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm hoping this is accurate info- we are going to Port Orleans Riverside from 9/11-9/16 and free dining would really make my hubby happy. It's kind of the selling point for him as I am the one pushing this trip before nd our twins turn 3 and we have to pay for them!!

Karin

CleveSJM
03-30-2007, 08:02 PM
From Aug. 5, 2007 til Oct. 3, 2007. We just booked our trip and the DW reservationist told us that is was going into effect in the next couple days to a week. YOu have to schedule your trip between those dates to get the FREE DDP for everyone in your group for the entire length of stay. You have to specifically ask about the promotion they will not volunteer any info. This is advertised in our AAA newsletter that we got today, but you do NOT have to be a AAA member to get this promotion. MikeB

Cool. Can you tell us what AAA newsletter it is in? What AAA region? I expect this announcement to hit Disney Visa within 7-8 days and the public a couple days after that. Those dates make sense with the new Value season. Thanks!

jpcns50
03-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know if travel agents can set this up now as well, or do you have to go directly through Disney until it is offically annouced?

Also where are these things officially annouced, I am both a AAA member and a Disney Visa card holder and I have not heard about it anywhere.

CleveSJM
03-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know if travel agents can set this up now as well, or do you have to go directly through Disney until it is offically annouced?

Also where are these things officially annouced, I am both a AAA member and a Disney Visa card holder and I have not heard about it anywhere.

No one can set this up until it is officially annouced. Disney Visa holders typically get first shot for a couple days.

You will see it here first. Magical Journeys will be allowed to publish it first and Intercot will put it on the front page. They did it last year on April 1st.

Strmchsr
03-30-2007, 08:19 PM
we are going in december this year....do disney ever give december discounts..? as we are from the uk we can't do AAA or florida resident etc...do they give the free dining plan ? we are going dec1st til dec 15th.
:mickey:

Yes, there will absolutely be a discount of some sort for December. Not free dining as that has traditionally been an August-September thing, though it has NOT been officially released/announced yet for this year, though the rumor mill is flying wildly as you can tell. They usually release the November/December discounts in August or September. However, you can go ahead and book your trip now and adjust your package when the discounts come out.

Mariaşoş
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
My husband and I (adult only trip) went to Disney last year during Free Dining and it was great! It was a bit eerie to have the parks basically to ourselves. We walked straight onto Splash Mountain and were the only two people on the boat, only one's on the boat for Pirates of the Caribbean and there were only two other people in front of us on Space Mountain. Dumbo didn't even have a line. The longest wait was for Everest and that was 15 minutes. AK was also the most crowded the week we were there. We're so hoping for Free Dining again this year especially since we're taking the kids this year. If we're able to use Free Dining this will save us at least $1,365.00 since the children are considered adults. Not to mention we can choose anything we want to eat and not have to nickel and dime to get the cheapest meal possible if paying out of pocket. No pb&j's this trip please! :ack:

Bethanymouse
03-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know if we can use this for a 12 day stay and double the amount of time?

emmaes1
03-31-2007, 08:15 AM
I am using it for 11 days. They said we could use it for up to 14 days I believe.:mickey:

CleveSJM
03-31-2007, 10:43 AM
On another Disney board site I found:

Now that the September offer is on the TA page and because of the dates that are being defaulted, 8/26 - 9/22 are probably going to be the dates for free dining.

Is TA, Travel Agency? Any know what they are talking about? Seems like an open offer for free dining but only for a limited Sept. timeframe?

aj_steig
03-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Good Morning!

I just had a question for Mikeb1967. I called the Disney Reservations line this morning and described the newsletter advertisement to them, and they said that it wasn't a special promotion. She said it was just a "catchy" form of advertising get people to go during that time of year (because when I typed in the advertised prices into the Disney website, it came out to the exact same price full price as Disney charges, approx. $730 per adult). How did you get this deal? Did Disney confirm that it was the free dining plan? I am just asking because I don't know if the person I was speaking with just wasn't very helpful or knew what was going on. I am REALLY hoping that this rumor is true and just wanted to know how you got it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!:mickey:

toomanypins
03-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Same here AAA has no idea about a mailing ???
Could someone scan and post a link to what it looks like ! My AAA called thier main office which said that there is no such mailing ????
Thanks, Al

Bethanymouse
03-31-2007, 03:06 PM
I called Disney today to "fish" for information to see if they had any idea if they would be offering the free dining promotion so I could start planning my trip. They released no information and stated they were not informed of it yet......just an FYI of where I got with the entire process so far.....

kathiep
03-31-2007, 03:07 PM
We booked through AAA last year and rec'd the free dining. Our agent has been on alert that we are looking for it again this year, but nothing has been announced and I haven't seen any mailing. Called him again today and there isn't anything to report yet....

aj_steig
03-31-2007, 04:21 PM
I am a AAA member, but have never received an advertisement. When I called today, I said that I heard of some speculation on the discussion boards that there was a newsletter released by AAA and described to her what I had heard so far. Whether she has actually seen it or not, I have no idea, but she said that there is no dining promotion at this time.

CleveSJM
04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Notice all the WDW shows on The Travel Channel today? I think it bodes will for a discount annoucement shortly.

I think Disney Marketing will use the Travel Channel marathon to "launch" it's big summer discount annoucements.

What a way to pump people up and then start running the "free dining" and/or Dream commercials...

Smart move, if they do it.

Disneymom of many
04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi, new here, but familiar with Disney discussions, travel, and had the Free DDP two years ago.

Been holding my breath for the free DDP to be announced, because I talked my dh's family into going to WDW, and dangled before them the potential of free dining. Sigh.

Re: Rebooking - The only caveat I have heard to calling and applying the sale to an existing reservation is if there is no availability for the type of room ressie you already have or the resort you are at. Sometimes you have to change type of room or resort choice.

Here's to free food!

Crow
04-02-2007, 07:05 AM
nothing yet that i see on Intercot or my Disney Visa offer page. of course yesterday and today it said not available, but no offers. so mayb they are getting something ready. who knows and who knows if i would take advantage of it having to pay rack rates, either way im off to work....59 days at this time i will b on the plane to WDW

maymay
04-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Just got off the phone with a CM and still no announcement on the free dining. She just said to keep checking. Still think we are getting a better deal with 40% off of mod. resort........hope I am right on that :blush:

Still not sure how this trip will go with the in-laws going..........Wish me luck:D

Bethanymouse
04-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi my name is Beth and I am obsessed with this dining promotion!:blush: I just got off the phone with disney and was told that nothing has officially been announced yet however if it is going to be announced to check it out after Easter.....not sure if this is a positive thing or a negative. Also read on another disney website:thedolls: (not to worry my alliances are here I am just obsessed with finding out about this plan!) that Lou Mongello's podcast announced it will be offered again this year during the same dates and will be released on April 12. Not sure if there is any truth to these rumors but just wanted to keep everyone in the loop!:rocks:

CleveSJM
04-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Beth. My name is Steve. I am also obsessed with this offer. I have been off the dining plan for 6 months. :D

You mention "during the same dates." What does that mean? Value season or the late August/mid Sept mentioned in the OP?

Thanks!

maples123
04-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi Steve and Beth,
I'm Cindy and I have also been spending way too much time researching the Free dining plan. I read on another Discussion board that a guy named Jim Hill had written about this years offer. So naturally I googled him and found an interesting article. It gave me faith.

(http://www.jimhillmedia.com)

maples123
04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi Steve and Beth,
I'm Cindy and I have also been spending way too much time researching the Free dining plan. I read on another DIScussion board that a guy named Jim Hill had written about this years offer. So naturally I googled him and found an interesting article. It gave me faith.

Forgot to mention it is the article about Disney having too many rooms to fill from Monday.:confused:

CleveSJM
04-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Nice article from an insider. That's about 3 places I've heard 8/26 - 9/22 starting 4/12.

Too late of a start, small of a window to entice me. Mid-August will be a great time to visit. Everyone will wait until Free Dining hits.

Wonder why they backed up Value season to 8/5 if they aren't going to promote it.

Also, the replay's of all the Travel Channel shows are on 4/12-13. Imagine that?!?! ;) Every other commercial will be for MYW+FD. I'd also bet the Visa folks get a few days crack at it before 4/12.

Oh well, looks like Cedar Point and Hershey for me this summer. (unless they start it closer to 8/5...) :(

Bethanymouse
04-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi Beth. My name is Steve. I am also obsessed with this offer. I have been off the dining plan for 6 months. :D

You mention "during the same dates." What does that mean? Value season or the late August/mid Sept mentioned in the OP?

Thanks!
I read it from two sites. The first site stated it would be offered the same dates as last year or starting Aug 5th. The other site, I believe it was Jim Hill media stated Aug 26th. I am hoping for the early start. Not sure though.

Hi Steve and Beth,
I'm Cindy and I have also been spending way too much time researching the Free dining plan. I read on another Discussion board that a guy named Jim Hill had written about this years offer. So naturally I googled him and found an interesting article. It gave me faith.

(http://www.jimhillmedia.com)

I googled him too- hoping for some sort of plan here. Really obsessed with checking this! I also put a call in to the travel agent. He told me that they usually get the information before it is released to the public and he would let me know when he finds out any info. So I will certainly share when I find out. Lets get some pixie dust started for free dining plan!!!:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Bethanymouse
04-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Found this on another disney site :thedolls: , I know I am really fueling my addiction here.....

"O.k. I spoke with a friendly cast member this morning. Here's what she said. She has strong feelings that YES indeed free dining will be offered. She also said everything on the internet is speculation when it comes to dates, and lengths of stay. It has not formally been announced, but she said there is something in their computer stating on APril 12, 2007 there will be an announcement and yes she does believe it is free dining. I asked if my dates would count into the date line, and she said yes they would entitle me to free dining, if that's what is announced. Just so you know she did not give out specific dates, but my dates are Sept. 4 - 8, 2007"

Not sure the truth of it but it sounds like good news and that is always good for me! This lady posted this this morning so sounds promising! Just wanted to keep everyone in on the loop. I am now finding myself googling free dining plan 2007.....I definately am obsessed!:marg:

Ruprect
04-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I saw the Jim Hill article too and got excited. We actually booked our reservation with MJ today for that time frame. I figure with the rumored booking window starting April 12th and based on last year we'd be looking at it being offered on the Monday after Easter (April 9th) for Disney Visa card holders so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything this week.

Also try not to bug the poor CM's at Central Reservations about this because even if they did know anything they wouldn't be able to tell us about it. They probably have better things to do than field phone calls about things they can't talk about.

Dr. Disney
04-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Received an e-mail from Disney a few hours ago announcing the 'Wonderful Weeks of Disney." Doesn't seem all that special, but the dates are 8/5 - 10/3, right along the line of all the speculating. It states a family of four could stay at a value resort, including theme park tickets, for 7 days/6 nights for less than $1450. I priced out the vacation online and it does charge extra for the dining plan :(. Sorry I don't have more info.:blush:

BelleandtheBeast
04-04-2007, 01:41 AM
I really wish they would do this during a different time of year, like January *wink wink*. I would love to have the chance to use this offer, but September is never good for us. :(

SnowWhiteWannabe
04-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi guys! New here! :blush:

I wanted to see if there was any more information online, but I heard on the WDWRadio podcast that they were going to announce free dining next week on the 12th.

The only other question i have is that is this something that will sell out really quickly? Like in a couple of days after its announced? Or is it available to everyone during the time it is offered?

Thanks!! :number1:

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
04-04-2007, 10:54 AM
This waiting is killing me, I have been keeping up on this for weeks now. I am trying to book my honeymoon and I want this released!!!

CleveSJM
04-04-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't think it'll sell out that quickly. They even extended it a bit last year to get more people booked.

What will be tough is restaurant ADR's. I'm sure people are taking the latest rumors to heart and booking. Once they book, they are inside the ADR window and will fill them up quickly.

I would suggest if you know you can go between 8/26 and 9/22 to go ahead and book it. All the rumors seem to confirm those dates. If you were hoping 8/5-8/25 or 9/22-10-3, then I'd wait. I'm also pretty sure the 4/12 will be the public annoucement time. Disney Visa holders will probably get next Monday-Wednesday to book it and all the details will be known then, not 4/12.

Everyone ready for all the free dining commercials? I hope they update the one they have, no way the "baby" looks under 3 in that one... ;)

Almost forgot, Welcome SnowWhiteWannabe!!!

mook3y
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Everyone ready for all the free dining commercials? I hope they update the one they have, no way the "baby" looks under 3 in that one... ;)

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing last night.. My DD is 2 will be 3 in June and that "baby" looks way older.... was thinking to myself... mmmm sneaky sneaky...

But, one thing they nailed.....

Everytime my kids hear that commercial, they come running. hehe

Goofster
04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
:mickey: Glad to hear there is a date set for an announcement. My wife and I are planning a 'parents-only' trip for the two of us. We would like to go 9/27 - 9/30, but are willing bump it up a week if there is free dining! :party:

Figment!
04-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear there is a date set for an announcement.Rumoured to be set.

Please keep in mind that this whole thread is just rumours at this point.

Nothing has been officially released nor have any of the reports been substantiated by credible sources that would be directly privy to the discount plans.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I was wondering "if" the free dining plan is announced is there a limit of days you can get it for? We are planning a 10 day trip the end of September and was just wondering. Thanks!

lilmattie13
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh My! This has been torture waiting for this:sick:
I spoke with my travel agent and she has heard nada!
She told me to call her when I know lol
Can someone just remind me again when it is you can call to reserve your ADR's is it 90 or 120 days prior to your check in date?
Is the line open at all hours or are there business hours for it?
I am getting so prepared:party:
At least I know I am not alone in my waiting on pins and needles...
My husband thinks I am nuts!
Thanks guys...

Strmchsr
04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I was wondering "if" the free dining plan is announced is there a limit of days you can get it for? We are planning a 10 day trip the end of September and was just wondering. Thanks!

I don't recall there be a limit on the number of nights, but if it is released, be sure your read all of the fine print.

Can someone just remind me again when it is you can call to reserve your ADR's is it 90 or 120 days prior to your check in date?

180 days prior to check in, which is why everyone is going so nuts right now as the time frame for the anticipated discount is already under 180 days and I'm sure many ADRs are already being booked up in anticipation. If you're planning on going during September or August go ahead and book and get your ADRs going. If they don't do free dining they'll still do a package promotion that will be just as good, I'm sure.

robhink
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM

ADR's can be made 180 days in advance for most restaurants.

lilmattie13
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
I havent booked yet but wanted to know if I can go ahead and book the restaurants.
Oh my God I am having a small heart attack now lol
I thought it was less days and had to be after you booked the package.
Also is this just in the park reservations or also at the restaurants that are at other resorts?
Thanks so much. I am so glad I asked.:mickey:

CleveSJM
04-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Intercot has a great ADR info page at http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/pss.asp.

It has most of the answers right there.:thumbsup:

wire0monkey
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Don't panic TOO much about ADRs. The crowds are still lighter than they are during the rush periods, like Christmas week. They have more restaurant capacity than they can fill.

Last year I made last minute plans to go to WDW during the "free dining period." (I got a really great discount on rooms at AKL.) Less than 30 days out from my trip, I called and got reservations for dinner at California Grill, Rose & Crown, Raglan Road, Biergarten and Liberty Tree Tavern. The only one that had a "bad time" was LTT (4:30 pm), but I took that because it was a character meal. I also made breakfast reservations at Boma and O'Hana with no problem.

However, I did call this morning and make an ADR for the Brown Derby Fantasmic package because I wanted to make sure I had it. The best seating I could get for that was 4:30 pm. Everything else was taken.

I think I can work around everything else.

Terk24
04-04-2007, 04:16 PM
This is kind of funny how many people are missin gthe point that this is a rumor and all speculation. Still so many questions being asked....NO ONE KNOWS!!!!!!

Jodi
04-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I can only hope that Disney offers this again this year. This is the only thing that allows us to go to DisneyWorld and be able to afford it. We absolutely LOVE this special. PLEASE bring it back !!! :mickey:

lilmattie13
04-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok so thanks to everyone I called today and made my reservations.
I got just about everything I wanted. A little hit or miss on the times but thats ok.
But as I read the threads the brown derby thing peaked my interest.
I just reserved lunch with the characters at Play and Dine and we are hoping to see fantasmic at night but if you could embelish a little more on the brown derby that would be great.
Again, thanks everyone.:number1:

wire0monkey
04-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Hollywood Brown Derby and a couple of other restaurants at Disney Studios has a dinner package that allows you to sit a reserved seating area for Fantasmic. Rather than showing up 60-90 minutes early to get a seat, you eat dinner at the restaurant and then show up about 30 minutes early to get a spot in the reserved seating area.

I have two little kids. They can't wait for 60-90 minutes for anything.

disneyfan369
04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, Saturday is fast approaching. Maybe this Saturday we'll be lucky?? :pixie:

toomanypins
04-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Not a rumor it a fact! Look on the disney travel website. Go about half way down on the travel site main page under ADDS you will see Goofy and a link to click on that has the words free dine in the address. Hope that this is working by the morning. For now you can see the link. Be patient and watch the adds go by until you see Goofy in a chefs hat!

toomanypins
04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Not a rumor it a fact! Look on the disney travel website. Go about half way down on the travel site main page under ADDS you will see Goofy and a link to click on that has the words free dine in the address. Hope that this is working by the morning. For now you can see the link. Be patient and watch the adds go by until you see Goofy in a chefs hat!

KevinJ
04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm not one to throw gas on a fire but what the heck........
Click the link below
http://home.disney.go.com/travel/
Look along the right hand side for the changing ads. After the Disney water park ad Chef Goofy appears and it says Free Offer One Delectable Deal. Click the link (I have a hundred times) but it won't work yet.

Try to decode the writing on the address line.

Anyone's mouth watering?

lauralemm
04-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Link doesn't go anywhere yet, but I guess this means its a done deal!:mickey:

Jodi
04-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but, I cannot find what you are referring to. Any suggestions? I absolutely have to know that this is true !! Thank you.

EyeLuvDisney
04-05-2007, 11:23 PM
What website? Do you have a link to the site/page you are referring to?

jane52
04-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I have a quick question before I book the "free dining deal". If you are using a Disney Visa, can you just book the deposit for the package with the Visa and put the rest of the trip later on another card like Discover?

toomanypins
04-05-2007, 11:28 PM
There is the banner that appears on the disney.com Travel main page

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/diz/ea0b51e5.jpg

toomanypins
04-05-2007, 11:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/diz/ea0b51e5.jpg

BelleandtheBeast
04-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I really hope this is right, woot!

Figment!
04-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Considering that there is no linked page, it is still not a "fact" quite yet.

It could be an old add that got put in a current cycle or something that was planned 12 months ago and since rescinded, this is the same site that recently announced this year's Playhouse Disney In-Concert series with the previous year's concert details and dates ...

In any case the address is here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/promo/genericPromoLandingNav?id=Q407FreeDineNavPage&CMP=ILC-DOLtoWDWQ4FY07FreeDine).

I'm sure Magical Journey's will post all the details as soon as this deal is officially announced. Travel Agent's generally have the info prior to Disney releasing promotion info through their official site.

wagjb
04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't think it's an old link. Just look at the end of the link:

WDWQ4FY07FreeDine

Looks like Walt Disney World 4th Quarter Fiscal Year 2007 Free Dining to me!

Greg.

lilmattie13
04-06-2007, 01:31 AM
After seeing the last post I can now sleep peacefully.
I too unsuccessfully clicked on the link numerous times to no avail...
However that explaination of the link makes perfect sense to me lol
Have a great night everyone:cloud9:

Veectoor
04-06-2007, 07:53 AM
I called WDW twice this morning and inquired about the link. Both operators told me there was no free dining being offered. One of the operators insisted I was getting pop-ups unassociated with their site, even after I told her the link was clearly to their site.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as free dining means I can afford to stay at WL.

magicofdisney
04-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I have to admit I'm caught up in the frenzy because this will allow our family to take one last trip before our tickets expire. I don't remember being so anxious last year, but then again I'd already booked a vaction with free dining by this time.

Mary Poppins fan
04-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Waiting, waiting, waiting ... :wait:

mikeb1967
04-06-2007, 12:26 PM
I just checked the disney travel site and the free dining link has been removed.

laward32
04-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I was just on the travel site and after the water park ad is the year of a million dreams ad. The goofy ad is gone. I guess too many people are calling and they went and took it off.

kathiep
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
The ad on the travel page is now gone.

I'm still hopeful that it will come out. Maybe too many people were calling so they took the ad off until the offer is truly in place.

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

mikeb1967
04-06-2007, 12:50 PM
In the artical on Disney Filling Hotel Room by Jim Hill that was posted last night, it said....

"the Mouse is getting ready to bring back its very popular "Magic Your Way Plus Free Dining" promotion. Which will allow guests who book at least a four night / five day WDW vacation package (That must start sometime between August 26 to September 22) to then dine for free during the length of their stay on property. FYI: The domestic booking window for these WDW dine-for-free vacation packages will be April 12 through June 24th. So plan accordingly, people."

Wells
04-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Hmmm....as far as I know, this rumor was posted on this website first, so how do we know that these other sites did not just get their information by reading it here.....
Be paitent, it's just a few more days!

Wells
04-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh, and just by the way....did anyone notice that the Jim Hill article that was refered to also had the artist concept drawing for the Contemporary DVC tower posted?

disney's pocahanta's
04-06-2007, 03:48 PM
This just in .......
Rumor central has it that the free dining plan will be offered this year for WDW visits between 8/26 - 9/22. According to semi-reliable sources, this will be avaiable for trips booked between 4/12 and 6/24.
But it is just a rumor...wait for an official announcment before contacting your freindly Disney travel agent!

i'm hoping that the free dining is offered the same time as last year!!!because im going back the same time it would be terrible if it is offered in late august...::( :(

mreinventtt
04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
It isnt a rumor. I called Disney Visa myself and it is true.
It is to be announced on Monday and Visa cardholders have first dibs then everyone else can get in on it on the 12th.
Free dining is good from Aug 26 to Sept 22.
Too bad I am going a week earlier.
MIssy:thumbsup:

Terk24
04-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I wonder why so late. I just called too to confirm the code is ZHQ. booking starts the 9th and ends in June. I do beleive (this part I cant remember for sure, but I think it has to be a minimum 5 night stay) There go our vaca plans.

Spaceship Tigger
04-06-2007, 06:28 PM
If this is true and I need to book with my Disney Visa starting Monday, can Magical Journeys change my reservation, or do I have to book it myself another way? My Disney card is the one that I gave to Magical Journeys to book with.

Stil not sure how I feel about Free Dining though, with the crowd increases and all.

lilmattie13
04-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh boy I was feeling better last night after seeing Goofy and now he's gone:(

WDW is driving us mad this year lol

Why the wait, lets just get this thing offered already.

And we think the kids are impatient:-o

Good thing Easter will be a distraction this weekend lol

Have a great Easter everyone:mickey:

Figment!
04-06-2007, 11:46 PM
It isnt a rumor. ... but until it's announced it isn't for sure either.

Things have changed at the last minute before, so let's keep things in this thread till we get an announcement.

Tink1
04-07-2007, 08:22 AM
If this is true and I need to book with my Disney Visa starting Monday, can Magical Journeys change my reservation, or do I have to book it myself another way? My Disney card is the one that I gave to Magical Journeys to book with.

Stil not sure how I feel about Free Dining though, with the crowd increases and all.

Not to worry, we'll have you covered!

Nanci

mook3y
04-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Mj can definately make the changes!

I would recommend just sending an e-mail with the request. I have a feeling this is going to be an extremely busy weekend for them. But MJ can take care of it all for you.

We have gone the last two years during free dining period and didnt think it was very crowded at all. Most rides had under 20 minute waits, with many well under the 10 minute mark.

Granted my experience with big crowds has only been at DLR, but compared to busy times their, it was very light crowds.

readytogo2
04-07-2007, 01:07 PM
we were planiing a trip 9/21-9/29. would we still get the free for the entire stay or just the 2 days?:confused:

SBETigg
04-07-2007, 01:12 PM
If you book when free dining is in effect, you will get it for your entire stay. If you book before it is in effect, you won't get it at all. I'm out of luck, but that's okay. When it comes to WDW vacations, it's not about money for us. (though saving money is always fantastic!).

KODABEAR
04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
We've gone for a week in Sept. the last 20 years. Only change is getting reservations at some of the sit down rest. The lines and EMH are easily managed. A couple years ago we started using MJ and any discounts or changes are taken care of by Karen quickly!! :number1:

MaryPoppinsFan
04-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Man. I was hoping it would be one week earlier in August. We are going the 22nd through the 28th. I dont suppose they give 2 days free :) I'm also not really sure how this works since we are already booked. We would have to cancel our rooms and rebook? very confusing :(

SBETigg
04-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Man. I was hoping it would be one week earlier in August. We are going the 22nd through the 28th. I dont suppose they give 2 days free :) I'm also not really sure how this works since we are already booked. We would have to cancel our rooms and rebook? very confusing :(

Lisa, to get the two days, you would have to cancel and rebook for different dates or just to get those two days, and it honestly is not worth it for two days. You will lose the value of it in making up the ticket costs and hassle of having two separate reservations, unless you are willing to move your whole trip to after the Free Dining start date.

tinksmom02
04-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh boy I was feeling better last night after seeing Goofy and now he's gone:(

WDW is driving us mad this year lol

Why the wait, lets just get this thing offered already.

And we think the kids are impatient:-o

Good thing Easter will be a distraction this weekend lol

Have a great Easter everyone:mickey:

Whoops, is Easter tomorrow? The Easter bunny almost forgot our house LOL He was too busy reading the free dining rumors! :secret:

January-2007
04-07-2007, 10:49 PM
What time of day are new discounts generally released? I work early on Monday morning and won't be home until after 4... makes me so nervous. Oh well. Can't sweat the small stuff.

LoriMistress
04-08-2007, 12:26 AM

"LATEST HOT DEALS - AS OF 4/6/07

A special "free dining" vacation package at Walt Disney World (for check-ins 8/26/07-9/22/07) is scheduled to be released for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders on Monday, April 9. The same package is expected to become available to the general public on Thursday, April 12.

HndrdPrcnt
04-08-2007, 12:44 AM
This is great news!! We did the free dining last year and had the trip of our lifetimes!! We took full advantage of the free dining! Hoop De Doo, California Grill, Concourse Steakhouse, Whispering Canyon Cafe', Prime Time Cafe', O'Hanas, Earl of Sandwich (multiple times), and so much more! Wow! I must have gained a good 5 pounds on that trip.

Unfotunately, we won't be able to take advantage of this great deal this year. Hopefully it will be back in '08.:thumbsup:

hnybear22
04-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Planning on checking in At Pop on Sept 22nd-30:mickey:
does anyone know if the free dining will apply to our entire trip? If not we may back up a week to take advantage of the freebies- :cloud9:

Crow
04-08-2007, 08:17 AM
guess ill have to decide today what to do. then get up extra early before work to email MJ if i decide to do it.. Mayb they will b on the visa site after midnite?

kathiep
04-08-2007, 09:20 AM
As long as your check in date falls within the promotion, you receive the free dining for the length of your stay. :mickey:

eeyoresbest
04-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Assumming the rumors are true!! I was wanting to know if you book the visa package do you have to pay for the whole trip with your visa card then or can you just book it with the $200 like on the disney website?? :confused:

magicofdisney
04-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I went ahead and booked our ADRs last week, just in case. Then on Friday I contacted Magical Journeys and booked a trip on the "off chance" this rumor came true. Oh boy, am I excited! :mickey:

carribeanpirate5
04-08-2007, 11:36 AM
This is one week later than last year. we are there from 8/17 - 8/24. Oh well. We will go anyway.

Strmchsr
04-08-2007, 12:50 PM
You can book just the deposit on your package with full payment due by 45 days before arrival. This is regardless of who you book the package through.

LoriMistress
04-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Okay, I created the thread of this update, but my post get deleted?

Figment!
04-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Okay, I created the thread of this update, but my post get deleted?No, It got merged into this thread pre-exsiting thread on the same topic; hence the re-direct in the Dining Forum leading here.

You'll find your post just a few posts up. :)

disneyfan369
04-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I hope there's a surprise and the dates have changed from August 19 (our first day) through Sept 22nd. :) I'm willing to accept the fact that it won't happen, though.

CleveSJM
04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Anyone with discount experience think they'll announce something for 8-5 thru 8-25? Might be a great time to go with people delaying for the free dining. But the last couple years it seems that time was part of an offer. Seems like Disney is leaving a hole open for poor occupancy...

Bethanymouse
04-08-2007, 10:20 PM
We want to travel for about 2 weeks. If we plan to start our trip on August 19 and continue to August 31st how do we apply the free dining? Do I need to make two separate reservations? I dont believe I will be able to get free dining the entire time if Mousesavers is correct in the rumor area of dates......

Strmchsr
04-08-2007, 10:26 PM
We want to travel for about 2 weeks. If we plan to start our trip on August 19 and continue to August 31st how do we apply the free dining? Do I need to make two separate reservations?

That's my understanding. It would have to be one reservation pre-discount and one with. Check with MJ or whoever you use to confirm that, however.

Bethanymouse
04-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Best of luck everyone! I am sure we will all be abuzz tomorrow on here!:thumbsup:

lilmattie13
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Ok so I am so wound up here waiting that I just requested a price quote from MJ.
I usually use my own travel agent however she books through Southwest and is telling me she cant book that far in advance yet.
All this wait is killing me so I figured I would check around.
We will see what comes up:thumbsup:
Happy Easter everyone. Lets all sleep and dream sweet disney dreams:cloud9:

tinksmom02
04-08-2007, 11:31 PM
"Ok so I am so wound up here waiting that I just requested a price quote from MJ."

I did, too, and I went so far as to book it, as well! Fingers crossed, everyone!!

lilmattie13
04-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Lol that is so funny.

I will have to see what price they come back for before I go ahead and book it.

I already have some ADR's at DW and I dont even have the trip booked yet.

I think I have gone nuts:secret:

We went two years ago on the free dining plan but didnt go last year.

My poor husband heard me whine throughout the whole month of free dining days.

I never have any regrets in life but missing the dining plan last year was one lol

Not going to happen this year:thumbsup:

Veectoor
04-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Ok. I am already booked at WL during the "rumored" time for free dining. I don't have the Disney credit card. I'm am freaking out that even if I call at 7:00 Thursday morning, I'm running the risk of not getting in on the free dining. Seems like an incredibly popular program and I'm nervous.

Can anybody make me feel better?

Melanie
04-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Can anybody make me feel better?

Book with Magical Journeys. :thumbsup:

aimlyles
04-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Can someone tell me what I would have to do if they free dining starts on 8/26. Our check in date is 8/25. We booked through AAA!

Thanks,

Lily
04-09-2007, 06:49 AM
We are still waiting for it to become official. It is rumored to announce today to Disney Visa cardholders and Thursday for the general public. The announcement will appear in the Accomodations thread. :thumbsup:

Carol
04-09-2007, 07:11 AM
The Magical Journey staff has posted the information in the Accommodations forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=101424). I'm going to direct everyone there.

Happy Discounting. :)