PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Boma-Flavors of Africa...

Tinkerbellove
03-19-2007, 04:27 PM
at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? My dh and I are doing the ddp and choose the Boma restaurant as one of our options. Is the food good? Do they have vegeterian options, and if there is a better restaurant at Animal Kingdom or the Lodge please let me know! Any input would be great!!! Thanks!!! :) :thumbsup: :mickey:

pox24
03-19-2007, 04:38 PM
The best buffet at WDW..... by far! Zebra Domes rule!:thumbsup:

huzzah4
03-19-2007, 04:43 PM
I've only had breakfast there, but I definitely give it 2 thumbs up for that. It is definitely the best breakfast I have had at Disney, and in the top five anywhere. We will probably be eating there in the Fall.

NJGIRL
03-19-2007, 04:43 PM
We stayed at the AKL in October and we loved BOMA. I am a vegetarian and they had tons of options for me. We did do the breakfast not dinner, but it was great. One thing, I know alot of people like the punch they serve but no one in my family cared for it.

RockChalkKimball
03-19-2007, 04:44 PM
We ate at Boma a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. There were lots of options, some that were very recognizable and others that were exotic. We tried them all! The server was very good about describing everything to us, so we wouldn't accidently take something we didn't like. They had lamb dish with cinnamon that I thought was weird, but my husband loved. My son loved the dessert choices and always wants to go back just for that. And... as the previous posted stated... Zebra Domes....YUM!

Disney Doll
03-19-2007, 04:56 PM
We loved Boma! There is a wide variety of food. Plenty of choices for the adventurous and the not so adventurous. I'm not a vegetarian, but it looked like there would be many items on the buffet you could eat. I've always heard that Boma is very accommodating for special dietary requirements.

mouseketeer mom
03-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but....I just didn't love it. The food was very good, I'll say that much. Maybe we were just there on a super crowded nite or something, but the lines for food were outrageous. I mean super outrageous. I don't think the five of us were ever at the table together. We were up and down, up and down, and waiting in lines forever. Like I said, everyone raves, soo..maybe just an off nite??

WDW1985
03-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes you can't go wrong with Boma. Having lived in East Africa for a few years, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised at how many flavors (spices and exotic fruits) we recognized from our time there. They incorporated many African dishes, but successfully brought them into the American palate to make them more appealing. Also, when the hostess found out that my wife had a mango allergy, the head chef came over and gave my wife the grand tour of the facilities to show that although mangoes were used in the preparation of many dishes, they were careful to not mix it into other dishes. Wow, were we impressed! We never asked for him and they were very busy when he did this, so that's an example of great customer service. Boma has become one of my families favorite restaurants and it deserves at least one try. :thumbsup:

luvdiznee
03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
We've been there for the dinner buffet twice, the second time bringing friends who had never been to Disney at all and they LOVED the buffet. As we did from the first time, which is why we had to do it the second time. Can't wait to do it for breakfast! :mickey:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Best ribs at Disney. Wish I were there right now.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
03-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to going to Bomas in November with my husband. We're going from Nov 7-17 for our 10 year anniv. Can't wait to try the exotic food.:mickey:

cinderellagrl
03-19-2007, 06:56 PM
I have to say my boyfriend and I just don't care for Bomas. We live in a college town, which has foods from all over the world. We love thai, Indian, and Ethiopian, but just didn't care for Bomas.

Besides the food not being what we had hoped for, Bomas was very crowded and noisy!

good luck thought... to each his own~!

Tinkerbellove
03-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks alot for everyones opinions!! So it looks like i made a great choice choosing Boma restaurant!!! :mickey:

mousetrapper
03-19-2007, 08:28 PM
We love Boma! It's one of our favorite restaurants at WDW. We've only had dinner there, no other meals. There is such a huge variety of foods, you won't believe it. Everything is delicious. There are some unusual dishes with uncommon ingredients and spices but everything is so good! We were worried about taking our DDs there when we first went (they were 8 and 5 then) but that's always one of their "must do" restaurants every visit since. (They're 16 and 13 now!) Yes, the zebra domes are to die for...going to Boma also gives us a chance to take in all the atmosphere of the AKL...just an incredibly gorgeous, magical place. We always come a little early to look around and go to the bar to have a drink before dinner. Just all around a wonderful dining experience!

Enjoy!!

Crow
03-19-2007, 09:19 PM
good but:
personally i have something against it cause i met my ex there when she was a hostess.
its a good bet if staying there, but i wouldnt travel to AKL just for that as theres too many good places.
and im trying the dining plan this next trip, but no buffets using it as im thinking mayb you get more value wo a buffet on it.
think dinner is a better idea than breakfast for different things to try. ive tried both.

magicman
03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Most of the food was a bit zesty for my country bumpkin family's taste; however, they did have such a variety that we all found something good to eat.

I WOULD do it again just so I could go to the animal kingdom lodge. We can't afford to stay there, so this gave us a great chance to check it out.