PDA

View Full Version : Clarify "Length of Stay" Stroller Rentals For Me

Buttercup
03-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm renting a stroller for the first time on our next trip.

We're going to be there SUNDAY-FRIDAY. But we're taking the WEDNESDAY off to go to waterparks, shop, etc. so I won't need a stroller that day.

Can I get a length-of-stay stroller rental, but not have to pay for the Wednesday when we won't be using it?

DizneyRox
03-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I have never heard of "Length of Stay" stroller rentals. You pick them up at the parks and they aren't allowed out of the parks, so something tells me it's going to be a daily rental.

You can expect to pay for whenever the stroller is in your possession, even if you're not using it all the time (parked outside an attraction, etc).

magicofdisney
03-19-2007, 04:26 PM
There is a length of stay. I've not used it but I can tell you it's about $2 off the normal daily rental rate. I'm not sure if there's a minimum number of days. If not, then you may be able to split the days before and after that Wednesday. Like the pp stated, the rental is good for in park use only. You can't take the strollers outside the park.

CanadianWDWFan
03-19-2007, 04:30 PM
What I would do is get the stroller for the Sunday throught Tuesday. Then get another one for the Thursday to Friday. It is $2/day savings. Not a huge amount but still better in your pocket.

Plus once you get the tickets from the CM selling them outside of the park all you have to do is walk up to the stroller rental, give them your ticket and off you go! There is no waiting in the stroller rental line to pay. At MK the Multi-day Stroller rental CM's are standing by the front entrance just before you get through security.

kadesha
03-19-2007, 05:23 PM
i am slightly confused after that last post. We always go to MK first and get our stroller ticket from the CM outside of the enterance. However, we will be beginning our trip at Epcot this year. Will there not be a CM stationed before the entrance, can I get multi-day for our whole trip beginning at Epcot????

WishingStar2006
03-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't know anything about the strollers...sorry. but I thought this may be a good place to ask...is there such a thing as length of stay for the ECV's? I just had knee surgery and I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to make all day at the parks without one...anyone know?

Thanks!!!!!! :mickey:

DestinationWDW
03-19-2007, 06:16 PM
You can buy the number of DAYS you need....not specifically for certain days you want....so taking that day off in the middle won't be problem for you. Also you can buy the tickets at Epcot or any park for that matter!!! Have a great trip!:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
03-19-2007, 09:46 PM
i am slightly confused after that last post. We always go to MK first and get our stroller ticket from the CM outside of the enterance. However, we will be beginning our trip at Epcot this year. Will there not be a CM stationed before the entrance, can I get multi-day for our whole trip beginning at Epcot????
We only have done this at MK. Sorry I never noticed one at Epcot since we almost always start our park visits at MK. But I would image that if there was one at MK then there would be one at the other parks.

You can buy the number of DAYS you need....not specifically for certain days you want....so taking that day off in the middle won't be problem for you. Also you can buy the tickets at Epcot or any park for that matter!!! Have a great trip!:mickey:
We bought ours based in our length of stay. We needed the stroller for eight days and we were given 8 days to use them. We were then given date stamped tickets. So if we didn't use one day it was our loss.

Speedy1998
03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
We bought ours based in our length of stay. We needed the stroller for eight days and we were given 8 days to use them. We were then given date stamped tickets. So if we didn't use one day it was our loss.

Not sure you are right about this. I seem to remeber the ticket getting stamp when I picked up the stroller for the day.

What my experience was it that you tell them how many days you need, and they give you tickets for that many days. If I remeber correctly the savings was 1 dollar per day (though they have gotten rid of the dollar deposit, that you used to be able to get back).
When you go to pick up your stroller for the day they stamp the ticket with that days date, that way you can get another stroller if you go back to your resort, park hop, or have the bad luck that I have, where I come out of my TS meal and my stroller has left without me.

At least that was how the rental service was working in June. The ECVs we had to rent one day at a time, DW had to sign a new contract every day. (Wow 2 DW with broken foot stories in one day!!)

Beast_fanatic
03-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't know anything about the strollers...sorry. but I thought this may be a good place to ask...is there such a thing as length of stay for the ECV's? I just had knee surgery and I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to make all day at the parks without one...anyone know?

Thanks!!!!!! :mickey:

As stated in the prior post, there aren't any multi-day or length of stay rentals available for ECV's. You can however rent from an off-site company and have it available to you at all times (whereas the WDW ECV's are only available in the actual parks). Here's some information from info central regarding rentals (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/specialneeds/default.asp).

CleveRocks
03-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Here are the absolute FACTS about stroller rentals. No assumptions, no guesses, just facts.

There's no such thing as a "length of stay" rental. The CMs at the stroller rental places at each park don't know how many days your stay is, and they don't care.

The term is "multi-day." The reason you want to get a multi-day rental versus going there every day is two-fold. One, there is a $2 per day discount when you do a multi-day rental. Two, if you do multi-day you only stand in the "pay" line on your first time, when you pay in advance for the multi-day rental. Each subsequent time, you go right to the pick-up line. The pick-up line is either not a line at all, or you stand in line for 30 seconds, whereas the pay line can be a very long line.

You tell them how many days you wish to rent for. A number of days, not a span of time. So if you hope to rent on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, you tell them you want a 5-day rental. You'll get a strip of 5 perforated rental passes stapled to a receipt.

The cashier will stamp one of the passes with that day's date. You then take that to the pick-up line and show the CM. You'll get your stroller.

On subsequent days, skip the pay line and just go right to the pick-up line. The CM will stamp an unused ticket with that day's date, and then get you your stroller. This is a VERY fast process.

If you park hop, or if you return to the same park that same day, you just go straight to the pick-up line and show them your rental pass with that day's date stamped on it.

Any rental passes you don't use are fully refundable, but only at the rental places, and the rental places are ONLY in each of the 4 theme parks (no resorts, no water parks, no Downtown Disney). So, for example, let's say on Thursday you decide you're not going to parks on your last day, Friday. On Thursday, you can turn in your unused, undated rental pass (the one you would have used on Friday) and get a full refund, but you also need your original receipt.

By the way, the prices are $10/day single and $18/day double. And remember, the multi-day discount gets you $2/day off those prices.

Buttercup
03-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks CleveRocks.

That's what I was hoping - they would give me 5 vouchers that I can use any 5 days of our vacation. Perfect!

:D

CleveRocks
03-20-2007, 11:59 AM
And the rental passes never expire, either. So if you buy too many and aren't able to use them and aren't able to get a refund, you can save them for your next trip, or, as in my case if you won't have a next trip with strollers any time soon, you can sell them on eBay!