PDA

View Full Version : License Plate

drummerboy
03-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I was in Raleigh Saturday and got behind a van with a plate that read "DSNY FRK". I thought surely it must be an Intercoteer, but I wasn't able to get next to whoever it was to say anything. Anybody want to fess up? :thumbsup:

Ian
03-19-2007, 02:48 PM
That's funny ... whenever we go to Disney World we always see a ton of plates like that ...

WLTNME ... WDW CM ... WDW4EVR ...

And I always wonder if any of them are INTERCOTters!

Also, has anyone else ever noticed how many people drive around with Mickey antennae toppers on?? I swear ... around here it's like every 5th car has one!

Another kinda funny license plate thing ... we went through a series not long ago that started with three letters beginning with D.

That means we went through ones like DVC ... DAK ... DTD ... all these ones that were Disney acronyms. Every time we'd be behind a car that had one of those I'd be like, "Look hon! Downtown Disney!"

I'm such a nerd ....

offwego
03-19-2007, 03:00 PM
The weirdest one I ever saw was my own screenname of offwego. (And no I didn't ask him to give it back to me or anything).

But it is cool to see it. And Ian I agree with you they are everywhere. But if you see a pink one with hearts on Ontario plates pm...someone stole mine and I'm still looking for it. :spy:

goofiecrazy
03-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Mine says GOOFIE :goofy2: :goofy: with the Disne plate cover it.

TinkiTime1989
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Yesterday on the way home from the NASCAR race with my dad we also saw a car with a plate that read DSNY NUT. I think it was from Ohio. Perhaps it was a fellow INTERCOTee.:mickey:

J9
03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
My PA license plate is DISNY

2Epcot
03-19-2007, 07:07 PM
2Epcot used to be my plates ... I still have them. If I ever move back to where I grew up, I will put them back on my car.

TikiGoddess
03-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I have been dropping hints to hubby that all I want for my birthday is vanity plates... even went online and checked through the CT license plate database...

Honey, if you're reading this...

WDW FAN is open....

:D
TikiG

crazypoohbear
03-22-2007, 08:52 PM
We saw one her in Mass a while ago that said either WDWDVC or DVCWDW. I can't remember now which way it went.

BronxTigger
03-22-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw a WDW license plate frame yesterday that said something like "been there, done that, going back!"

Was that yours?? It was on 23rd Street. :mickey:

Here we go again...
03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I love seeing the Disney plates on cars, it brightens my day.
I just got my Epcot plate and I am thinking about getting one for my DH. I was having a hard time deciding between 2 plates so I know the other one is still open. Hmmm... I might have to get it for his birthday. :D

Brer Mickey
03-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Me and DW applied for these plates 2WDWIGO, IGO2WDW, OFF2WDW, but they were already taken in the state of Utah.

Maybe we will try something else in the future.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-24-2007, 01:03 AM
We saw one her in Mass a while ago that said either WDWDVC or DVCWDW. I can't remember now which way it went.

It was WDWDVC. We tried to follow her, but I think we scared the beejesus out of her, cuz when we finally caught up to her, she was inside the police station! Sorry to whomever you are, we just wanted to say hi.

BMan62
05-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Had to dig this thread back up---

Yesterday, as I was going past York college of PA, I noticed the car in front of me had a Pennsylvania license plate -- W-DISNEE

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I love seeing the Disney plates. They make my day. :) I don't have a Disney plate, but I have a sorceror Mickey antenna topper. :thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
05-02-2007, 03:52 AM
I would LOVE to have one but we can only have 6 letter/number combination... if we can come up with one that has my SN on it somehow (can't think of how w/ only 6) I would SO get it.

Maybe DZN DDT? No.. ok

DIZ NUT? probably taken

Can't come up w/ something.. and with being in Texas.. it will be hard to find a good name not taken..

Any Ideas?

DisneyDudet
02-05-2008, 04:13 AM
Just wanted to let yall know that my dad finally got around to ordering my Christmas present (I guess now it can be a Vday gift).

I now will have a vanity plate that says DSNY RN. How gosh darn cool is that?

alpro2
02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
The weirdest one I ever saw was my own screenname of offwego. (And no I didn't ask him to give it back to me or anything).

I am glad you posted this, Natalie. I saw the same car and I thought that was you. I pulled up next to "you" and tried to say "hi" but the person was so nasty. :D

mickey&missy
02-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I saw a minivan not to long ago that had the New York License Plate "NY2WDW" I swear I almost had an acident trying to look!!! I saw a car in a local restaurant parking lot that had a vanity plate that was disney related, I can't remember what it was though. They also has all sorts of stickers and an antenna topper. I was hoping I could figure out whose car it was when I was in the restaurant so I could complement them. I thought maybe they'd have a disney sweatshirt on or something, but no luck!!

goofysbabe
02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I had one made for the front of my van that says: Mickey Dreamin' (like the song California Dreamin') with a Mickey on it. Then my back cover says Been There Done That Goin Back with the characters all around it.

brad192
02-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Here in Michigan, everyone had to "upgrade" to new plates last renewal. When I received mine, the ID started with BTM - I immediately thought "Big Thunder Mountain!" Jeez, I'm obsessed! :mickey:

On a funnier note, I have a friend who, several years ago, had to replace her plate due to an accident. She received one that read STN 666. :thedolls: She freaked, took it back to the SOS, and told them in no uncertain terms that she was NOT going to drive around with THAT plate on her car! :mad: They gave her another, with no apparent meaning attached, and she was satisfied.

Beast_fanatic
02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Just wanted to let yall know that my dad finally got around to ordering my Christmas present (I guess now it can be a Vday gift).

I now will have a vanity plate that says DSNY RN. How gosh darn cool is that?

:thumbsup: Now I'll know if I see you driving around town!

DisneyDudet
02-05-2008, 11:22 PM
:thumbsup: Now I'll know if I see you driving around town!

If that wouldn't give it away, my bright yellow sporty car with a blue mickey antenna topper will!

disneydrmr
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
No disney vanity plate for me yet.. but I do have a Stitch antenna topper and I have a Stitch in an airplane beanie, a Lilo beanie and a Mater beanie all in my back window.

MicMouse
02-06-2008, 03:54 PM
When I was going to school at Illinois State, there was a girl living in my apt complex that had EPCOT on her license plates.

I'm getting one of those Mickey antenna toppers when I go in June!!

Tink#64
02-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I'd never really thought about getting a Disney related plate until I read this! I think it's the next obvious step for me! :blush:

I have a "100 Years of Magic" plate on the front of my van, my "Been There, Done That, Goin Back" plate frame on the back, I have a Tink decal on one window & I have about 15 antenna toppers! I love to change them for every holiday, sport, etc! Now you've all got me thinking! Thanks! That would make a great birthday present! :party: