PDA

View Full Version : My last 2 TS credits

Crow
03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
i have 2 left for my May trip (arriving Tues May 29 leaving Mon late June 4th) so i have 7 days to eat.
so far my ADRs are.. Le Cellier on Tues
Ca Grill Wed
Coral Reef Sunday
im thinking:
use the last 2 TS for Artist Pt which i loved.
or use 1 each for 9 Dragons, AKershus, or San Angel...have eaten at all of them although AKershus was prePrincess dinner. and i like 9 Dragons and the atmosphere at San Angel.
i spend most time at Epcot also.
and i will still have all my CS & snack credits to use...i dont eat 3 meals a day much either.
what thoughts? esp any recent visits to the places

CanadianWDWFan
03-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Have you tries Spoodles? It is just a short walk from International Gateway at the BWI. We had a great meal there in July 2005.

I know that this isn't at Epcot, but one of our new favourites is the Kona Cafe. I have some of the best prime rib there. My DW swears by her crab cakes.

offwego
03-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Kona really is yummy!! and at 1TS you'd have another one to do at epcot.

Frankly the food at San Angel never seems to live up to the atomsphere for me. Stop in and just have :marg: and some nachos out of pocket instead and head for 9 dragons if it was me.

I can't wait to hear how your trip goes.

pogo
03-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree with Natalie and Brian. :thumbsup: Try the Kona Cafe. I also had a wonderful Prime Rib dinner there last year. Chased with a Lapu lapu !:number1:

Hhmmmmm.......... now your making me think I should eat there again this year. :D

CanadianWDWFan
03-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I agree with Natalie and Brian. :thumbsup: Try the Kona Cafe. I also had a wonderful Prime Rib dinner there last year. Chased with a Lapu lapu !:number1:

Hhmmmmm.......... now your making me think I should eat there again this year. :D
How could I forget about the Lapu lapu's? Oh yeah, I forgot! It was the Lapu lapu's that made me forget!:D

Crow
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
yes i tried the Lapu Lapus last trip. thank goodness for them, as i had to deal w the ex (whos a CM)shortly after.
I have tried Kona for lunch on a previous trip and it was good....so many places so little time.
i should try SPoodles, Ohanas so many places i havent even though ive been there so much....
even Bistro de Paris....hmmm not sure

Crow
03-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Kona really is yummy!! and at 1TS you'd have another one to do at epcot.

Frankly the food at San Angel never seems to live up to the atomsphere for me. Stop in and just have :marg: and some nachos out of pocket instead and head for 9 dragons if it was me.

I can't wait to hear how your trip goes.

i sorta agree w San Angel.
and i just realized Bistro isnt on the dining Plan...thats ok too many other places to do.

moe513
03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
You need to try Ohanas at the Poly. We like it very much and go each visit to wdw. It is very popular and usually gets great reviews. It also has a great atmospere and a lot of tables have a view of the castle.

HndrdPrcnt
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I would also recommend O'Hanas if you are going to make it in that direction. We did it for the first time on our last trip and loved it. Good news....Lapu Lapus here too!!

Another Epcot restaurant that I would recommend is Marakesh. Great food and atmosphere. Best of all, it is something different that you wouldn't get at home.

The problem I have with the Nine Dragons and San Angel is that you can go to any Chinese or Mexican food restaurant back home and get as good (if not better) food. There is nothing special about either of those restaurants.

Another really fun restaurant in Epcot is Biergarten in Germany. The food is good, they have great beer, and the show they do is a lot of fun. How can you beat eating and doing the Chicken Dance??

Well, enjoy!! There is just so much great dining at WDW that it gives you plenty of opportunities to make new choices with each trip!:thumbsup:

KAT1811
03-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I would do San Angel Inn and 9 Dragons. I love San Angel Inn; it is most certainly one of my "must dos" while in WDW. Or try Kona Cafe, everyone on here raves about it. I personally wouldn't do another 2 TS meal again. You are already doing CG.

Natazu
03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
How about Wolfgang Puck's? That place is fabulous. Then you'll have one left for Nine Dragons (leaps and bounds over Akershus).

Crow
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
yes i do like Wolfgangs
not so much Biergarten; ive done it a few times and that was enough for now.
Marrakesh was ok. ive tried it twice
and the 9 Dragons-Chinese CMs, chinese food, and the places in Japan are gonna b closed for rehab then.
i should try another place that i havent i guess.....doesnt leave much in Epcot WS.

Sharon1026
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
i have 2 left for my May trip (arriving Tues May 29 leaving Mon late June 4th) so i have 7 days to eat.
so far my ADRs are.. Le Cellier on Tues
Ca Grill Wed
Coral Reef Sunday
im thinking:
use the last 2 TS for Artist Pt which i loved.
or use 1 each for 9 Dragons, AKershus, or San Angel...have eaten at all of them although AKershus was prePrincess dinner. and i like 9 Dragons and the atmosphere at San Angel.
i spend most time at Epcot also.
and i will still have all my CS & snack credits to use...i dont eat 3 meals a day much either.
what thoughts? esp any recent visits to the places

I would say to try Spoodles, Ohana or for 2 TS Jiko. Or for 2 TS, go to Hoop de Doo or the Poly Luau Show.
As someone else said, you can get chinese and mexican most anywhere back home. Marrakesh in Epcot has gotten good reviews, too. Let us know what you decide!

SBETigg
03-20-2007, 09:46 PM
My DH dines alone on occasion while traveling for business, and this happened to be how he tried Spoodles. He thought it was not a great place for single diners, just to add an opinion on that. It's a loud place with a boisterous family atmosphere and it made him feel more left out and lonely than most places, plus he wasn't crazy about the food or service. He isn't one to get annoyed easily, but the noise and ruckus really annoyed him here, for some reason.

Perhaps redo Artist Point or maybe try Chefs de France? (which will have Jym shaking his head, but you can possibly also do his Wolfgang Puck's suggestion).

Crow
03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
looking at menus
SPoodles looks like good drinks, but dont know otherwise
Ohanas is all u can eat for $25.99 dinner so i might get more out of another place $$wise.
Konas looks good. crab cakes, mahi mahi and lapu lapu Ive only done lunch there.
and i am considering Maya Grill as im staying at CS.

Natazu
03-21-2007, 02:57 AM
and i am considering Maya Grill as im staying at CS.
Maya isn't bad, pretty good in fact. I think of it as a place to go when there isn't anything else available. So, that definitely puts it above Sci-Fi and Chefs de France.

Crow
03-21-2007, 08:02 PM
so Maya will b put on my list for consideration....
use 1 TS at which 2:
Maya
Kona
9 Dragons
Wolfgangs
or just use the last 2 at AP?
wondering what are Jyms top 7 to avoid
or top 7 :marg: :beer:

Natazu
03-22-2007, 03:14 AM
so Maya will b put on my list for consideration....
use 1 TS at which 2:
Maya
Kona
9 Dragons
Wolfgangs
or just use the last 2 at AP?
wondering what are Jyms top 7 to avoid
or top 7 :marg: :beer:
I haven't been able to come up with 7 restaurants to avoid. There are probably 7 we don't go to very often but there are only a few we avoid. Anybody?

Jym's Top-7 Best :marg: :beer: at WDW:
7. Frunch with a shot of rum (AKL, sort of)
6. Grand Floridian Iced Tea (Citricos)
5. Boddington's draft (UK)
4. Mexico's Margarita Stand
3. Rosa Regale (Italy)
2. Lapu Lapu (Poly)
1. Kungaloosh! (AC)