PDA

View Full Version : RnRC & NEXTEL beep....

Marker
03-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Has anyone else noticed....

I just rode RnRC last week, during the preshow I noticed that when the "manager" takes out her phone to call for a limo for the fans, that I heard a NEXTEL walkie-talkie beep. I even rode it again to make sure I wasn't hearing things. Has anyone else noticed this? When did they add that? Obviously it wasn't part of the original, because I don't think the NEXTEL beep existed when this ride opened.

Figgyluv03
03-19-2007, 01:00 PM
I've never heard that before. I have the audio for the ride on my home computer. I'll have to check it out after work.

Scar
03-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't know about the preshow, but my company has had NEXTEL since 1996 (we used to call it NO TELL, it has gotten better.) I'm pretty sure the "beep" has been part of NEXTEL since at least '96.

kakn7294
03-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't remember it in December (and we also rode it twice) but I wasn't listening for it either. Maybe someone who knows for sure will be along shortly - now you've got me curious too!

JPL
03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't remember hearing it in the pre-show. But is it possible it is just a similar sound that was used and it doesn't relate to Nextel at all. I know going through banks of sound effects some are just generically labelled as cellphone sound #1 or ringtone #2.

LudwigVonDrake
03-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I never noticed but then I wasn't listening for it :mickey:

Jared
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I've never heard the beep, but it's probably a coincidence. No way Nextel would sponsor the attraction and receive nothing but an uncredited tone. Chances are what you heard is just a regular cell phone sound effect.

Marker
03-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Ok, since I've been home, I've listened the soundtrack of the preshow from a couple different sources.... no cell phone "noise".

I know I heard it when we were there a couple weeks ago. I "thought" I heard it on one visit, so I went back and I'm "sure" I heard it..... at least I sure think I heard it.

Anyone going down soon wanna pay attention and give it a listen?

If it's not really there, and I was just hearing things, then that means my brain was still thinking about work when I was there.... yuk.

bradk
03-30-2007, 12:12 PM
i honestly haven't a clue, but i'll give you some credence.

remember, disney did switch from radios to nextel starting around 2004.

perhaps this was in fact added as a nod. just one of those inside things. perhaps something someone probably wanted initially as part of the attraction but couldn't because it would be like having a pepsi sign in the background.

Scar
03-31-2007, 02:32 PM
OK, I just heard the whole spiel on Live365, and I think I heard it. It was very faint so I’m not sure, but I think it was there.