PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions would be helpful!?!

emurph
03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I am so very happy that I found this web site. So many interesting posts! Here is my dilemma. I am planning a Disney World trip for my grandson when he turns 5 in 2009. I know that this is a few years away, but I want to get the best price and have everything planned for him and my daughter to have a great time. I love the Polynesian. I have stayed there on 3 other occasions. Concierge Lagoon View the last time. Has anyone gone between 2 hotels because I am also interested in staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge ? I don't belong to triple A or have a Annual Passport and would have time to decide whether they would help out with a discount. Also, would buying the Park tickets now be advisable? Do you think that it is worth Magical Journeys time to get a request from me now or wait a year?

Has anyone gone in October. We plan on going for the Halloween festivities and was wondering what the weather may be like.

Thanks for any assistance! :mickey:

King Triton
03-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Its a little early to book things, but it doesn't hurt to start researching which resorts you'd like, etc.

I don't think MJ can give you 2009 room rates...I don't even think 2008 is out yet, but I could be mistaken about that.

Although historically AAA discounts have been available, there's no guarantee that will continue. I don't think it'll happen, but AAA and Disney could part ways at any time.

You could start looking at how October has played out and how it does this year and next. Again, no guarantee they'll repeat any offer or discount, but sometimes you can pick up trends.

Strmchsr
03-19-2007, 12:37 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

I would definitely talk with Magical Journeys, even though, as Triton said, the rates for that time period won't be out until probably around august of next year. While those of us on this board can offer opinions, they're the experts for planning this far out.

Weather in October is still quite warm with average high in the mid 80s, but the humidity is not quite as unbearable. It's still peak hurricane season, so travel insurance is a good idea, especially for air fare. Crowds are much higher than they used to be during October due to the increasing popularity of Fall Breaks with school systems, but they're not unbearable.

Have fun!!!

angedeaile
03-19-2007, 02:17 PM
If saving money is your aim and you want to plan now, I would buy your park tickets now.

I am pretty sure prices would go up for tickets before you go.

mouseketeer mom
03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes! We went between 2 resorts last month..the AKL and the villas at WL..it is doable if you plan well. The AKL is so different from the Poly. Hugely different. It might be fun to switch between the 2. Like having 2 different vacations!

King Triton
03-19-2007, 02:29 PM
If saving money is your aim and you want to plan now, I would buy your park tickets now.

I am pretty sure prices would go up for tickets before you go.

Yeah, I forgot this part of your question. I agree, you could go ahead and get your tix. Even if Disney totally overhauls their ticket methods, they've always been good about honoring past tickets...and of course the prices won't go down.

One piece of advice though: If you're not sure how long you'll be going for, buy for the high end. The per day addition on tickets is remarkably small once you get past 3 or 4 days. For example, a 4 day hopper is $245 (minus taxes) and a 7 day is $248. Similar prices for higher number of days.

The only caveat I can think of, is that if you buy your tickets now and there's some kind of package deal that includes tickets you either won't be able to take advantage of it, or, worst case, shelve the tickets you buy now for a future visit.

mouseketeer mom
03-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Ooops! I forgot to mention the Halloween festivities! The Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party is alot of fun. We have done it for the past 2 years. All 3 kids of mine dressed as Ninja's for the party and had a blast. Candy is a plenty, and the fireworks for the party are terrific. Have fun!

pook@wdw
03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Although it's a little early to book, it's never to early to plan. The idea to purchase tickets early is definitely something to look into. And we always go in October since that's our DD fall break from school. Less crowds, better weather (usually), and the MNNSHP is a must-do. Well worth the extra $. :thumbsup:

Grace
03-20-2007, 11:28 AM
:mickey:
I agree, it's not too early to talk to Magical Journeys - they won't steer you wrong. Have a Magican time!

P.S. Planning is part of the fun, too!

mickey&missy
03-20-2007, 11:40 AM
I definitely agree with the other posters who mentioned talking to Magical Journeys. It still too early to book for 2009, I'm still waiting to book for 2008 and its killing me! But, using an agent, especially a Disney World expert agency, puts you at a greater advantage then doing it yourself. The benefit is if you book and one package price and a better one comes along you get the better package price! If you did it yourself you would have to cancel and re-book the entire trip!

I can give you any advice on the Poly. Haven't stayed there yet, can't wait! I will say AKL is great!! If you are going to do it make sure you get savannah view!

We did MNSSHP for the 1st time on Halloween this past year and had a blast!!!!! I can't say enough about it! The weather was great. Not too warm,75 -80 and hardly any humdity! Can't beat that! The parks weren't crowded at all!

Happy planning!!!

tinksmom02
03-21-2007, 09:13 PM
"I am planning a Disney World trip for my grandson when he turns 5 in 2009."

So glad I'm not the only one planning so far in advance LOL I'm already dreaming about our Sept 2009 trip with DH, DD who will be seven gasp! my folks, my brothers and s-i-l and my as yet unborn nephew LOL

We were in the world in Oct 2004 and had a great time! The weather was great~the only rain we encountered was while we were in AK, which was fine, because the animals were more active! And DD had a great time at the MNSSHP, too!

Happy planning!