PDA

View Full Version : Pop question

MargaretMessler
03-19-2007, 04:44 AM
I am requesting a non smoking room because of problems with asthma and chronic bronchitis, is there any BUILDING which is completely non smoking? Or all buildings half and half. I would like to list that building as my preference if such a thing exists.

MinniesMom
03-20-2007, 07:36 PM
According to a 2005 Passporter Guide:

Smoking rooms are only available in:
50's A
60's A & B
90's A

Unfortunately people don't always follow the rules! My dh has the same problems. During our last stay at Poly we checked into a NS room that smelled like an ashtray! Thankfully we were able to switch rooms right away.

When making your reservation, I would confirm with the agent that the bldg you are requesting is NS. Also mention that you are requesting NS for medical reasons.

MsMin
03-20-2007, 07:58 PM
We've never had a problem there and my dd is very sensitive to cigarette smoke. The staff has always been helpful when requesting it too. She has more problems in EPCOT with some of the stores and fragrances and scented candles.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
We have the same issues. I have asthma and so do two of my kids. I have always requested a NS room/building at the time of reservation for medical reasons. I also call a week before to make sure it is noted. I also very nicely remind them at check in. We really have to be cautious about it.

That being said, we have always been given a NS room and have never had a problem. Disney is great about it in our experience.

Hope you have a great trip!!

SandmanGStefani24
03-20-2007, 10:00 PM
we got one of the nonsmoking rooms in the 60's and there was nary a stray smoke smell to be found. however, steer clear of the pool area around the pool bar. I am an ex smoker and not bothered by the smoke, but it was very noticable and could cause a problem. If you take a swim, stay near the "shower flower" on the opposite side of the pool. :thumbsup:

MargaretMessler
03-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Does anyone know which buildings 50's A & B would be? We have a preferred room reserved, and I was hoping for either the 60s or 50s rather than 70s because they are closer to the pools (not that I want my door opening into the pool...). The map I have doesn't list them by A-B, but by #s, 50s section being 1-2-3.

Thanks for all the tips, I'm going to call and make sure everything is listed correctly as soon as I figure out what exactly it is that I want. I reserved online, and there was a place to list smoking/non smoking, but I think that was it, so I obviously checked "non", but I want to avoid the rare issues people have had where they get to their room and then have to call and switch/complain/etc. I just want to drop off my stuff and run out to have some fun right away! :party:

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Margaret -

We also asked for a non-smoking room and got one. However, the problem was that people would stand on the balcony and smoke and thus their smoke would get in to our a/c unit and blow in to our room. It was very annoying.

I will PM you with all the POP info I have to try to help you.

CleveSJM
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Margaret -

We also asked for a non-smoking room and got one. However, the problem was that people would stand on the balcony and smoke and thus their smoke would get in to our a/c unit and blow in to our room. It was very annoying.

I will PM you with all the POP info I have to try to help you.

This happened to us at ASMo last year as well.

Disney - Please consider requiring no smoking within 25 feet of a non-smoking room. They should go to the parking lot or some other designated area away from the rooms A/C units.

MargaretMessler
03-22-2007, 10:00 AM
This happened to us at ASMo last year as well.

Disney - Please consider requiring no smoking within 25 feet of a non-smoking room. They should go to the parking lot or some other designated area away from the rooms A/C units.

Either that or make all buildings either non smoking or smoking, don't have both within the same building. I've always requested non smoking and gotten it every trip, never really noticed a problem with smoke getting in via AC or anything, but I just want to be double sure this time because I've been having such a horrible year with the whole asthma and bronchitis thing.