PDA

View Full Version : Much MUCH pixie dust...

ihavealipfreckle
03-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Today my sisters and I got an email from my dad saying that we probably aren't going to disney this year, b/c of financial problems that just arose. Needless to say, I am devastated. My older sister, rebecca, hasn't found out yet, she just dropped me off at school and is heading back to her school, but I'm sure she will be devastated too, and my younger sister, anna, is upset as well. I feel awful for my dad. He loves disney as much as us. It makes him sick that he has to cancel it. I haven't stopped crying for the past 15 minutes. Disney is such an important part of our lives... so special. We are going to need a lot of pixie dust to get through this...

vizsla
03-18-2007, 06:17 PM
:pixie: on the way.

I know how you are feeling. We had to hold off going to WDW this year also because of financial matters. DD's gymnastics is just hitting us really deep in the pockets with her training and competions. DW and I were actually talking about trying to make a trip this year today at DD's competion. We may be able to slip a trip in if I can get a little more side work, but there is know guarantee that the work will pick-up.

jodijo
03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
:pixie: :pixie: Here is some pixie dust from CA!
:sob: We are in the same situation. We go every year to WDW and cannot afford to do so this year. My thought are with you.

mrsgaribaldi
03-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I know how disappointed you all are :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

CleveSJM
03-18-2007, 08:31 PM
:magic: :pixie: :pixie:

Feel for you. It's a common problem for many... Cherish the thoughts and memories from your previous trips. Maybe have a Disney Party on one of the weekends you would have traveled. Play some Disney board games or that Disney DVD Trivia game. Not the same but enjoy those memories!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-18-2007, 11:46 PM
My thoughts are with you that you can go again really, really soon. I've been trying to go for the past 8 years, finally we're going...but that is after 8 years of planning and then having those plans fold due to financial reasons.

My thoughts are with you, ihavealipfreckle.

Chris :hatter:

pogo
03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
We were in the same situation this year. We wanted to go but we didn't have the money. Then I worked my tail off, pulled out a couple of business deals. :thumbsup:

We still had our trip on hold untill we attended four funerals in five weeks.:( I said enough is enough, were going.

Good luck to your family. :pixie: :pixie: I hope this helps.:D

hoop de do
03-19-2007, 07:34 AM
PA Pixie Dust on its way to you.
:tink: :pixie:

snowflakegirl
03-19-2007, 09:17 AM
:pixie: I know how you feel. DH and I have been planning a Disney trip for this August since last March. We invited my parents and younger sister to join us. It was supposed to be a celebration of the fact that I'm finally done school and made it through my first year of professional work (I work in a school so I have summer's off). In October my car died so a good deal of our savings account had to go to putting a down payment on a new used car for me. We figured it'd be a little tighter than we'd planned, but we'd still be able to do it with our tax refund and his bonus in February. Unfortunately his bonus in February was less than expected because his store didn't do as well as anticipated during the holidays and he had to use a good portion of that for maintanence on his car. Then we found out that not only were we not going to be getting a refund this year (long complicated story), but we'd be paying instead, so there went the rest of the savings account. So now it looks like we'll be going in August of 2008 instead, but it is a disappointment.

MsMin
03-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Sending :pixie: I know it's hard. We skipped many years when I was in school and they were all in school too.
Hope things start looking better soon.

merlinmagic4
03-21-2007, 06:36 AM
I'm so sorry about your trip. We had to cancel our Feb. 06 trip and rescheduled for April 07. I thought it was a LOOOONG time away but it came up fast. Maybe you can pick a future date to ook forward to? :pixie:

TinyDancer
03-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, keep sending that pixie dust!!! I think it is working as we might be able to salvage the trip. :cloud9: My dad is so weird... I think its going to be we either don't go at all or we go full out, my dad seems to be refusing to compromise anywhere (he's used to getting what he wants, lol).

Anyway, keep that pixie dust coming!!!

Thanks. :mickey:

BananaAnna838
03-21-2007, 04:04 PM
It's working, it's working! :joy:

We may still be going. Maybe. My dad is seeing what he can do. Thank you all so much and please keep sending the pixie dust as it appears to be doing its job :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
More pixie dust coming your way. I'm going in August, but I'm still not sure if my sister, BIL's and nephew are going to be able to go. Even if I have to go alone, I'll still have fun.:pixie: :pixie: