PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo Help

pogo
03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
We just booked HDD and we've never been there before. :mickey:

I couldn't believe it when the CM said they had an opening, Cat # 1. We've only got about four weeks untill our trip.

We are two older (sometimes mature) adults celebrating our anniversary.;)

What are we in for ? :D

Goofeygal
03-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Oh you will love the HDD review. The food is amazing and the entertainment is quite funny. It is an amazing dinner show. At least I think so.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-18-2007, 09:18 AM
You will have a great time! We went and saw the show as part of our Disney Honeymoon!

The HDD is a really corney dinner show. Be prepared for a lot of laughs, a fair bit of audience interaction (they will probably make you dance...along with the other couple celebrating something special...if you tell them that it is your anniversary), and pretty good food (not fancy though, but still pretty good).

We really enjoyed it. There will be a HUGE range of people there, from families with little kids, to a variety of couples.

Enjoy! Have a wonderful trip.

Maleficent's Dad
03-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Food is decent - I wouldn't call it great. But no one is there for the food alone!

HDDR is a Vaudville style show that leaves the audience cracking up. The show is corny, family friendly, and they involve the crowd in various ways.

They take a segment of the show and ask the audience if anyone is celebrating birthdays, honeymoons, and (I think) anniversaries. They'll give you the spotlight and a round of applause for your anniversary.

It's a really fun time - enjoy the show! :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
03-18-2007, 10:42 AM
The show is alot of fun, you will have a good time. The food is fried chicken and BBQ ribs. Free beer and wine (all you can eat).

Allow yourself plenty of time to get there, about an hour. Take the boat from the Magic Kingdom, I've found that to be the best way to get there. If you plan to visit MK before the HDD, you'll only need about 40mins. If not take into consideration the time it takes to get to MK from where you are.

wendy*darling
03-18-2007, 11:01 AM
On our last visit to HDD, we took my parents who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. We also had our teen sons with us. All 6 of us had a blast. I truly believe this is a show for everyone!

To celebrate their special anniversary, they were announced by our server (we had told him when we were seated). All the couples celebrating anniversaries stood and had a little "spotlight dance" to the Anniversary Waltz right near their tables. They enjoyed their "moment" as well as the food and the show.

Enjoy- and do share your anniversary with everyone. :party:

alpro2
03-18-2007, 11:05 AM
You will definitely enjoy the show Pogo. :D

pogo
03-18-2007, 04:49 PM
You will definitely enjoy the show Pogo. :DThanks Alex.:D

Enjoy- and do share your anniversary with everyone. :party: Thanks Wendy..... Look for our trip reports around April 27th.

The show is alot of fun, you will have a good time. The food is fried chicken and BBQ ribs. Free beer and wine (all you can eat).
Allow yourself plenty of time to get there, about an hour. Take the boat from the Magic Kingdom, I've found that to be the best way to get there. If you plan to visit MK before the HDD, you'll only need about 40mins. If not take into consideration the time it takes to get to MK from where you are.Free beer ? Cool ! Thanks for the travel tip... I was wondering about that. :D

Food is decent - I wouldn't call it great. But no one is there for the food alone!

HDDR is a Vaudville style show that leaves the audience cracking up. The show is corny, family friendly, and they involve the crowd in various ways.

They take a segment of the show and ask the audience if anyone is celebrating birthdays, honeymoons, and (I think) anniversaries. They'll give you the spotlight and a round of applause for your anniversary.

It's a really fun time - enjoy the show! :mickey: Thanks Dad.... We love vaudville. I even played one of the most famous vaudville theaters during my performing years. :D

You will have a great time! We went and saw the show as part of our Disney Honeymoon!

Enjoy! Have a wonderful trip. Aren't Disney honeymoons special ! We loved ours.:D

Oh you will love the HDD review. The food is amazing and the entertainment is quite funny. It is an amazing dinner show. At least I think so.
I'm getting excited by everything you have told me, thanks. :D

ncbyrne
03-18-2007, 06:51 PM
DH and I saw it last year on our 30th anniversary. We booked it 2 years out (before they changed the booking policy) and got the table directly in front of the stage. The show is terrific and we had a great time! DH was very concerned when people said they might make him get up or be involved in the action, so we never mentioned our anniversary. The night we saw the show they did recognize birthdays and annivs. but they never made anyone "do" anything. We were relieved...:D

pogo
03-18-2007, 07:47 PM
DH and I saw it last year on our 30th anniversary. We booked it 2 years out (before they changed the booking policy) and got the table directly in front of the stage. The show is terrific and we had a great time! DH was very concerned when people said they might make him get up or be involved in the action, so we never mentioned our anniversary. The night we saw the show they did recognize birthdays and annivs. but they never made anyone "do" anything. We were relieved...:D I am also very reserved and............ O.K...... so I'm not really.;)

I've already noted our anniversary trip on every dealing with WDW and we love the extra attention we get. Thanks for your input. :D

Natazu
03-19-2007, 01:32 AM
I think you guys will have a great time. It's a fun show... and the free beer helps. Oh, Rachel and I wanted to tell you how cute your avatar is. :thumbsup:

May524
03-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Yes they will make you get up and dance! We were there for our Honeymoon in January and it was a fantastic time! It was so funny, b/c we sat upstairs by the balcony...and the couple right next to us were also honeymooners! It was SO cute! Everyone is talking about the beer...but what about the sangria? MmM...I love Sangria!!! :cloud9:

pogo
03-19-2007, 07:21 AM
I think you guys will have a great time. It's a fun show... and the free beer helps. Oh, Rachel and I wanted to tell you how cute your avatar is. :thumbsup:
Thanks Jym, they are two of our granddaughters, Princess Madison and Princess Julia...... free beer (we really paid for it) does help. I'm sure we'll tell you and Rachel all about our HDDR experience when we meet on the 22nd.:D

Originally Posted by May524:Yes they will make you get up and dance! We were there for our Honeymoon in January and it was a fantastic time! It was so funny, b/c we sat upstairs by the balcony...and the couple right next to us were also honeymooners! It was SO cute! Everyone is talking about the beer...but what about the sangria? MmM...I love Sangria!!! :cloud9:
Sangria ????? I might have two or three of them. Don't you just love those disney honeymoons !:D

Tink35
03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
You're gonna have a great time. My wine was also all you can drink. So there you go, you've got you're drinks covered.
We experienced HDD for the first time on our last trip and it was a blast. The food is good but the entertainment was even better. We laughed all night long. I consider it a must do. Have a great time!!:mickey:

pogo
03-19-2007, 06:24 PM
You're gonna have a great time. My wine was also all you can drink. So there you go, you've got you're drinks covered.
We experienced HDD for the first time on our last trip and it was a blast. The food is good but the entertainment was even better. We laughed all night long. I consider it a must do. Have a great time!!:mickey:
Thanks Tink ! We are so looking forward to this show. We love cold drinks, good food and corny jokes !:thumbsup:

Be sure to watch for my trip reports on or about April 25th for our reaction. Or it might be on the evening news if my DW dosen't behave herself !:D

pook@wdw
03-19-2007, 08:05 PM
DH & I went to the HDD on our honeymoon and also celebrated our 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th anniversaries there. We have never missed the HDD on any of our trips. The food is great, the show is funny and anniversary celebratees get a "spotlight" dance. A good time to be had by all! Get there a little early, check in, and go to Crocketts Tavern for a little front porch relaxin before the show! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pogo
03-20-2007, 07:16 AM
DH & I went to the HDD on our honeymoon and also celebrated our 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th anniversaries there. We have never missed the HDD on any of our trips. The food is great, the show is funny and anniversary celebratees get a "spotlight" dance. A good time to be had by all! Get there a little early, check in, and go to Crocketts Tavern for a little front porch relaxin before the show! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Hey Pook.... Thanks for the tip about Crocketts Tavern. We will and I will put it into our trip reports when I return. :D

Tinkerfreak
03-20-2007, 11:59 AM
We went with our dd's 9 and 12, our 19 year old neice. We all had such a blast, even my dh who can be quite serious sometimes. The girls kept singing Hoop De Doo all together all week long. They still sing it whenever they get together.

pogo
03-20-2007, 10:19 PM
We went with our dd's 9 and 12, our 19 year old neice. We all had such a blast, even my dh who can be quite serious sometimes. The girls kept singing Hoop De Doo all together all week long. They still sing it whenever they get together.Thanks for the encouraging words ! We are really looking forward to HDDR ! I just hope my DW doesn't do something to embarrass me. :D

crazypoohbear
03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
we went there last August with 2 DS's
12 and 17. Wasn't too sure how they would like the show, being too cool teens and all that.
They loved it. We laughed so hard through out the show. Even the boy's loved the hokey, corny jokes. The show was very interactive and even the boy's participated!:mickey:
But... be warned, if the waiter asks if you want a pitcher of beer.... well, there are several ways of spelling pitcher:secret:
Enjoy your anniversary and have a glass of wine for me while you are there....
it's free, for $50.00 per person:blush:

rsumrall
03-20-2007, 11:31 PM
My fam totally loves HDDR! You will find all of the comments to be true - great show, corny humor, and good food.

Since it's your anniversary, you may want to call Disney and reserve a horse and carriage ride for after the show. i did this a couple of years ago (maybe $60 i think). I surprised the family. The horse and buggy was waiting outside after the show. They took us for a 40 min. or so ride around the camp grounds. It was a great capper to an awesome evening!

pogo
03-21-2007, 07:15 AM
we went there last August with 2 DS's
12 and 17. Wasn't too sure how they would like the show, being too cool teens and all that.
They loved it. We laughed so hard through out the show. Even the boy's loved the hokey, corny jokes. The show was very interactive and even the boy's participated!:mickey:
But... be warned, if the waiter asks if you want a pitcher of beer.... well, there are several ways of spelling pitcher:secret:
Enjoy your anniversary and have a glass of wine for me while you are there....
it's free, for $50.00 per person:blush:
Thanks for the tip ! I'll tell my DW to ask for one. :D

My fam totally loves HDDR! You will find all of the comments to be true - great show, corny humor, and good food.

Since it's your anniversary, you may want to call Disney and reserve a horse and carriage ride for after the show. i did this a couple of years ago (maybe $60 i think). I surprised the family. The horse and buggy was waiting outside after the show. They took us for a 40 min. or so ride around the camp grounds. It was a great capper to an awesome evening!Thanks for mentioning this. They have the carraige rides in POR also, a little closer to our resort of POFQ. It just so happens we are having dinner at Boatwrights the evening before with CanadianWDWFan and Mickey'sGirl. Might there be a carraige ride included with that ? ;) :secret: You'll have to read my trip reports to find out. :D