PDA

View Full Version : Marie from Aristocats

AliceinDisney
03-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Does anyone think they brought her out because of the re-release of Aristocats this spring? Did she just come out as a fur character this year?

I think they should have the Fox and Hound fur characters. Thats such a sweet flick. Oliver and Company too.

like2workout
03-23-2007, 11:41 PM
i actually saw marie walk out with sleeping beauty this past week, outside of france. they walked out together, and stood about 10 feet apart. i went up to marie first and got my pic, and still no one else was there, so i got my pic with sleeping beauty next. i think it took people a while to realize they were there. it was a great surprise to me though as i'd never seen marie though, and she was really putting on a show. lots of fun!

Meeko_33785
03-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Not sure if it has to do with the DVD or not. Disney has been trying to bring her to WDW for a while. She's actually been appearing at Tokyo and Hong Kong Disneyland for a few years, but is now being introduced to WDW. Nice to see her out; I can't wait to meet her.

Brer Robert
03-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Not sure if it has to do with the DVD or not. Disney has been trying to bring her to WDW for a while. She's actually been appearing at Tokyo and Hong Kong Disneyland for a few years, but is now being introduced to WDW. Nice to see her out; I can't wait to meet her.

That's actually the story with lots of the many characters that have been popping up here and there during this past year or two. I'm talking characters like Clarabelle + Horace, Clarice, the 3 Caballerros, Abu, Lady Tremaine + Stepsisters, and whoever else lands in mind that is rather rare. They've been busy doing their stuff in foreign lands that they never really considered us here, it's nice they're finally thinking of us.

like2workout
03-25-2007, 12:32 AM
can characters not appear here and also at the other disney parks at the same time? i remember at halloween abu was here and someone said he's at the disney paris often and disneyworld was having trouble getting him. i don't understand that. can they not put out any character they want at any park at any time? thanks!

joanna71985
03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I don't know. But (as per your example) Abu has been out at mnsshp, mvmcp, and P&P parties.

bradk
03-28-2007, 12:26 AM
well, there is only one abu. just like there's one mickey mouse. how disney transports them so quickly between parks around the world is anyone's guess.

but each park is its own in some right (and Tokyo isn't owned by Disney at all). and each handles things differently. what i can tell you is WDW is very strict in how and where characters appear, especially in particular combinations.

one particular extreme that immediately comes to mind is piglet. at WDW, you can routinely see him at CP, but he's very rare outside of that (although not as rare as Rabbit) (and like Abu, he's out for parties). however he's a mainstay at Disneyland at the Pooh meet & greet spot, but he also looks quite a bit different.

like2workout
03-28-2007, 08:33 AM
very interesting! thanks for the information. i'm fascinated by things like that!

like2workout
03-28-2007, 03:41 PM
i must have lucked out last oct (2006) when i went. i saw rabbit from pooh on mickey avenue. it was my first time to see him, and beside him was one of the penguins from mary poppins. i had not seen him before either. i just got back last week and that side of the street (beside where mickey is inside as sorcerer mickey) is sanctioned off to be the new toy story attraction. sorcerer mickey is still there, and the characters on the other side of the street are also still there, but the ones between sorcerer mickey and the narnia area are no longer there.

Tarzan266
04-04-2007, 10:55 PM
i actually saw marie walk out with sleeping beauty this past week, outside of france. they walked out together, and stood about 10 feet apart. i went up to marie first and got my pic, and still no one else was there, so i got my pic with sleeping beauty next. i think it took people a while to realize they were there. it was a great surprise to me though as i'd never seen marie though, and she was really putting on a show. lots of fun!

Can you please post the pic? I never saw Marie before and I would love to see what she looks like. Thanks.

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I Love Marie, I'll be looking for her. Does anyone know, is she mouse hight or chip/dale height? I know thats random, but I'm wondering.

glenpreece
04-29-2007, 05:57 PM
I remember reading a trip report a few weeks ago about Tokyo DL and she was saying that the characters are everywhwere there!!!! Multiple Chip and Dales in various costumes and that they wander the parks. No lines just general walk up and greet them. They aren't big on autographs though. Anyways I'd love to see Marie on our upcoming trip.

septembergirl
05-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I think they should have the Fox and Hound fur characters. Thats such a sweet flick. Oliver and Company too.

I second that!